ON: Medical Marijuana Support Centre Opens

Katelyn Baker

Marijuana For Trauma Inc. officially opened its first medical marijuana support centre in southwestern Ontario Thursday.

The Canadian veteran-owned and operated company will focus primarily on helping veterans with post traumatic stress disorder and chronic pain.

National Medical Science Liaison and Clinical Coordinator Francois Halle says MFT doesn't dispense marijuana, instead it facilitates and supports safe and responsible patient access to medically prescribed cannabis by providing access to physicians, help with medical and pension benefits, and linking clients to licensed producers.

"We have a lot of our veterans in this area. This centre will be one of our pillar centres. It's one of the centres that will have the highest volume of clients and patients," says Halle.

He says they expect at least 1,000 clients and patients.

Halle says while the location at 40 Metcalfe St. West is centralized it's also symbolic because Strathroy is the hometown of Sir Arthur Currie, the first Canadian to attain the rank of full general in World War 1 and lead the troops through the battles of Vimy Ridge and Passchendaele.

Travis Ambroziak is I/C ("In Charge") of the new centre.

He says he was taking nine different prescriptions to treat his conditions when he retired from the Canadian Forces after 25 years and six different tours overseas.

"I was 60 lbs heavier, isolated in my house for two and a half years and walked in the door of Marijuana For Trauma in Trenton and my life started to change," Ambroziak says.

"I was introduced to cannabis and started to get an education on cannabis and not even a year later I've lost 60 lbs and don't take any prescription pills anymore. Today, I'm just on medical marijuana and it has improved my life dramatically."

More information on the centre can be found at Marijuana for Trauma Inc – Veterans Helping Veterans

support3.jpg

News Moderator: Katelyn Baker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Medical Marijuana Support Centre Opens
Author: Melanie Irwin
Photo Credit: Melanie Irwin

Back
Top Bottom