On The Shoulders of Giants: Hempy/Coco/OC+/GLH

I think there are a lot of good reasons to keep it to this thread, we're already all here following, and there is lots of good background information. Make sure you post a link if you decide to start a new thread :Rasta:

Part II: Coo-coo for Coco Coir

I think there are a lot of good reasons to keep it to this thread, we're already all here following, and there is lots of good background information. Make sure you post a link if you decide to start a new thread :Rasta:

Yeah, salient points, all.

I'm on page 1! :party:

That made me *almost* nasally eject my mouthful of beer! :goodjob:

I agree, keep it here.

So be it...

First, a moment of silence for our fallen babies.
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_140.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_139.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_137.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_136.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_135.jpg

Yes, I sent them to the great SkyBong. Time for a fresh start, now that I know my water source now:
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_127.jpg

So, a little shopping (gotta love 24 hour giant stores, always empty, no howling children, assholes, etc.) and I got home with these:
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_121.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_120.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_119.jpg

So, right? I'm being GREEN :goodjob: I told the stock person nearby, "You gotta get more of these...." LOL Anyhow, for those of you who have missed the lesson about hempy, it's pretty simple:

GET A DAMNED BUCKET
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_119.jpg

ABOUT 2" UP FROM THE BOTTOM
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_132.jpg

DRILL A DAMNED HOLE
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_123.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_141.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_142.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_143.jpg

IT HELPS TO BE PREPARED
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_131.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_1331.jpg

ANY QUESTIONS?
:goodluck:

So, anyhow, I dumped out the babies, washed the cups out and soaked them in hot bleach water, then washed out and hot soaked (yes, more bleach) the tubs. Everything is drying out now. Also, the floor of the tent was mopped out with hot bleach water. I noticed the "waterproof" lining in this tent is losing the "waterproof" material on the seams. Before any new plants take up residence, I'm going to find a flood tray that will fit nicely in the bottom of the tent, or I'm going to silicone caulk the jeepers out of it -- direct hempy drain to the floor, then shop-vac it out.

Speaking of counting my chickens, here's the layout I think I'm gonna use. I got all 'sativa'-d out, so my mathematical brain was hauling ass, so to speak :cool:
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_144.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_145.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_146.jpg

The space between the lights and the tent walls, and between the lights is identical. It's amazing how you can tweak the fark out of stuff like this when the sativa buzz is on you! I have a new idea for the little hempy cups, but I'll spring that on you after my next shopping trip. The three Pandora AF seeds are still cozied up in the small tent; one of them has a tap root wrapping back towards the earth -- should be just a few days, and I can pop the top off the dome, drop the temperature on the heat mat and wait for them to show roots...I almost got nostalgic and set up a DWC for one of them, but the whole goal is simplicity and ease.

Thanks for staying on for Part II! :wood:

Peace!

hey zombo
sorry to hear about the sprouts. they looked more far gone that i had imaged. i can see now why you wanted a fresh start. what size buckets did you get? are those going to be the finishing containers or are you going to transplant? you have a great water closet too. how many gallons are in the containers with the spouts?
Im interested in seeing how those auto flowers grow out for you.

:tokin:

Sorry to hear about your little onea, it always is tragic when they go out young...
I love those containers though, looking sweet! I think I would put down a flood tray and use the "waterproof" bottom as a backup but thats just my paranoid self, with my luck I have to over prepare things like that. One question, what size hole did you drill? See you later Zombo, :goodluck: I hope these girls are there for you for the long haul.
:peace::popcorn:

:goodluck: :goodluck: :goodluck:

Dude i'll be rooting for you the whole way on this new start. I also agree with everyone here to keep the new girls on this forum. Yeah this thread might end up being super long but it'll be nice to get a good grow through on this one and you can look back on the history of what it took to get from point A to point harvest you know. Just curious how do you plan on propagating these new girls? I didn't read but are you starting from seed or clone on this next try? And if anything are you going to try any new techniques from last time? I am not very familiar with growing in coco core but I would like to suggest to you that it might be easier to start your plants in a small rock wool cube get em nice and rooted in those before transferring them to your buckets.
However you do it I wish you good luck and make sure you give em plenty of air and keep those hot lights away!
-The grower formerly known as pacificgrow-
Hydrologist

p.s. if you didn't notice I changed my avatar from the "addicted" addidas weed symbol to this new avatar I stole from a salor moon website cuz i think it looks tighttt lol just wanted to let the homies know im still the same grower oh! and you should stop by both my grows some time! Im about to harvest the one in flower on tuesday and I just put the one in veg into flower! Shits getn' exciting over here!

hey zombo
sorry to hear about the sprouts. they looked more far gone that i had imaged. i can see now why you wanted a fresh start. what size buckets did you get? are those going to be the finishing containers or are you going to transplant? you have a great water closet too. how many gallons are in the containers with the spouts?
Im interested in seeing how those auto flowers grow out for you.

Those buckets are 10 liter, and I think those are the size 'Hempy' himself uses, I got lucky finding them for sure...I'll detail my new improved plans below :smokin: Those spigot containers are 3 gallons, the big one on the bottom is 5. I get the water for 29¢/gallon, so cheap enough, especially with hempy! I might still get a RO/DI unit and make this simple....

Sorry to hear about your little onea, it always is tragic when they go out young...
I love those containers though, looking sweet! I think I would put down a flood tray and use the "waterproof" bottom as a backup but thats just my paranoid self, with my luck I have to over prepare things like that. One question, what size hole did you drill? See you later Zombo, :goodluck: I hope these girls are there for you for the long haul.
:peace::popcorn:

See below! The initial pilot holes were 1/4", then bored out to 5/8" - simple as can be! :cool:

Sweet buckets, all cleaned up and ready to roll... one of those skunk buds!

Allright! Love the set up, should be a great turnout. :goodluck:

Too bad about the young ones. Will be sticking around to follow your new grow. :popcorn:

sorry to hear about ur babies. everything for ur new grow looks great bro. :goodluck:

Thanks brothers -- I'm even more enthusiastic than ever!

:goodluck: :goodluck: :goodluck:

Dude i'll be rooting for you the whole way on this new start. I also agree with everyone here to keep the new girls on this forum. Yeah this thread might end up being super long but it'll be nice to get a good grow through on this one and you can look back on the history of what it took to get from point A to point harvest you know. Just curious how do you plan on propagating these new girls? I didn't read but are you starting from seed or clone on this next try? And if anything are you going to try any new techniques from last time? I am not very familiar with growing in coco core but I would like to suggest to you that it might be easier to start your plants in a small rock wool cube get em nice and rooted in those before transferring them to your buckets.
However you do it I wish you good luck and make sure you give em plenty of air and keep those hot lights away!
-The grower formerly known as pacificgrow-
Hydrologist

p.s. if you didn't notice I changed my avatar from the "addicted" addidas weed symbol to this new avatar I stole from a salor moon website cuz i think it looks tighttt lol just wanted to let the homies know im still the same grower oh! and you should stop by both my grows some time! Im about to harvest the one in flower on tuesday and I just put the one in veg into flower! Shits getn' exciting over here!

Yay! :goodjob:

I'm thinking seeds only until I find the strains I want to focus on, then I'm going to do flowering cuts and 12/12 cycle away...now for some pix and more inane monologue:
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_150.jpg

See Hydrogrown? I took your advice!
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_147.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_148.jpg

Also, since I rinsed ALL MY COCO in that salted water, I'm just going to shitcan it (well, store it and add it to the garden when it thaws...finally). Now I am going to use this:
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_149.jpg

I have finer stuff for the cups....my new idea, which I think I stole from DocBud in some manner, is to take these container lids, cut holes in them so the mini-hempy cups sit almost all the way in, then water by immersing the cups for about 5 minutes or so in one container, then lift them up and drain, then place in the other bottom container. Keeps the bottoms neat, makes consistent watering easy:
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_151.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_152.jpg

What do you guys think? :peacetwo:

hey zombo its looking good man. 2.5 gal should get u some nice sized plants. i like the idea with the cups in the container kinda like a reverse watering deal. 3 gal water containers nice i got a 2gal like those but its kinda crappier hahah big lots special. Im gonna get another one since as you say the hempy takes a lot more water. Im looking foreword your grow and since you know exactly what went wrong with your last start you can avoid that issue this time around.

Pics!!!

Can't wait to see the new babies.

They're CUTE!

Subbed,
Cuz I got interest in this business!

Yo dog, I heard you like business in your business so I hope you quote what I quote! Welcome to Part II :party:

Jeeze! Pushy much? :high-five:

Ask and ye shall receive. Presenting the first six babies in my new hempy grow. the two frontmost are OG Kush x The Ultimate and the other 4 are Barney's Farm Amnesia x The Ultimate:
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_153.jpg

Now watering time:
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_154.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_155.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_156.jpg

Now the individual portraits (apologies for my shaky hands):
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_157.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_158.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_159.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_160.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_161.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_162.jpg

And the babies in their home (both white corrected and raw LED blasting!):grinjoint::cheer:
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_163.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_164.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_165.jpg

:peace:

Two of them bit the dust -- they'd been sprouted in soil and instead of thinking smart, I was a dork, and tried to 'spoon' them out. Result? Two babies with semi-severed roots.

On the happy front: two of the beans from the local dispensary have popped, rooted and are now in hempy cups in the big tent :bongrip:

Pics in a few days when there's anything worth showing off..

:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom