On The Shoulders of Giants: Hempy/Coco/OC+/GLH

Hey Zombo I'm glad to hear you're ok too, sorry to hear about your surgery and the grow problems though.

Did you have rotater cuff surgery? Hope it's not your good arm.

When you get a chance I'd be real interested to hear what happened with the plants.

Take care :peace:

Sup, bretheren! :Rasta:

Blue, all I can really figure is that my mixing OC+ evenly throughout the coco and perlite was just overkill for my rooted clones and seedlings.

I talked to a grower pal of mine (a mentor, really) and he's convinced me to go back to what brought me here, DWC. He also wants me to try soil (he does 2 gal. soil grows and does fantastic) - so I bought 3 3g Smart Pots and a bag of FFOF.

I'm going to ask the Forum Mods, when/if they see this to close out this tread. Time for a new start.

:peacetwo:

Sup, bretheren! :Rasta:

Blue, all I can really figure is that my mixing OC+ evenly throughout the coco and perlite was just overkill for my rooted clones and seedlings.

I talked to a grower pal of mine (a mentor, really) and he's convinced me to go back to what brought me here, DWC. He also wants me to try soil (he does 2 gal. soil grows and does fantastic) - so I bought 3 3g Smart Pots and a bag of FFOF.

I'm going to ask the Forum Mods, when/if they see this to close out this tread. Time for a new start.

Your problem was the coco...not the OC+.
Many of us use OC+ with great success. When I tried it in coco, it didn't work well at all, and I had to cull the plants. It's all in my journals.

Good luck in your future grows. As for me, I'm growing 4 gorgeous Jack Herer's in 3 gallon pots with OC+ and FFOF. Beautiful.

Dude whats up Zombo!

Im sorry to hear about your arm man. Im also comming off a stint of not being active on here and its good to see you back. I think its cool your going to back to DWC man I love it. Can't wait to see your style with it. I've actually started to mess with Coco in my new perpetual grow journal i've created. Finished the last gear and got 11 Ounces OFF HER!!!!! Crazy shit. I have about an eighth left. Even crazier shit. Haha.
But yeah Check it out at:
Hydrologist's Pertetual RDWC Grow - Bubba Chunk - C99 - Pineapple - Tarzan Strains

Should be right up your ally!
Take it easy,
Glad your back and feelin green :yummy:
-Hydrologist
formerly PG

Thanks for the welcome back :thumb: all of you!

Doc, even the straight perlite hempys I tried had the same issues; I may revisit the method after I get some meds grown for myself and my patients. This failure, for whatever reasons, cost me much time, and my wallet hurt too. *shrug*

On a whim, I picked up a 1.5 cu. ft bag of FFOF and 3 x 3 gallon Smart Pots - gonna try a little soil growing, and though I have OC+ aplenty left, I think I'll be doing my nutrient/watering with my old standard, Gen Nutes FloraNova Grow and Bloom. If those work out well, I may try OC+ again.

Now, I've seen where FFOF users *absolutely* insist the you mix that with dolomite lime and 25% (or less) perlite - has anyone just grown straight in FFOF with no other amendments?

(Really, soon I'm starting a new thread)

Thanks for the welcome back :thumb: all of you!

Doc, even the straight perlite hempys I tried had the same issues; I may revisit the method after I get some meds grown for myself and my patients. This failure, for whatever reasons, cost me much time, and my wallet hurt too. *shrug*

On a whim, I picked up a 1.5 cu. ft bag of FFOF and 3 x 3 gallon Smart Pots - gonna try a little soil growing, and though I have OC+ aplenty left, I think I'll be doing my nutrient/watering with my old standard, Gen Nutes FloraNova Grow and Bloom. If those work out well, I may try OC+ again.

Now, I've seen where FFOF users *absolutely* insist the you mix that with dolomite lime and 25% (or less) perlite - has anyone just grown straight in FFOF with no other amendments?

(Really, soon I'm starting a new thread)

2 grows ago, I used FFOF right out of the bag, with OC+, snowstorm and Sweet.

Right now, due to the success of that grow and people badgering me to do it again, I'm growing 4 plants in straight, unamended FFOF and OC+.

The results speak for themselves.

But, it certainly isn't the only way to grow!

Thanks again Doc,

I'm going to start a new thread, I've decided I'm going to get a few more Smart pots and use just FFOF and dolomite lime, some grown with OC+, some with GH FloraNova nutes.

Can you advise me on specifically *where* in the FFOF the prills should be included?

Thanks again Doc,

I'm going to start a new thread, I've decided I'm going to get a few more Smart pots and use just FFOF and dolomite lime, some grown with OC+, some with GH FloraNova nutes.

Can you advise me on specifically *where* in the FFOF the prills should be included?

What I do is fill the pot with soil, drop it a couple times so the soil compacts, then add more till you get the desired amount. I like to leave a few inches at the top of the pot for watering purposes.

Dump the soil out of the pot into a rubbermaid tub or bucket, add the OC+, mix it around, and then put it back in the pot. Done.

Why are you using dolomite in FFOF?

What I do is fill the pot with soil, drop it a couple times so the soil compacts, then add more till you get the desired amount. I like to leave a few inches at the top of the pot for watering purposes.

Dump the soil out of the pot into a rubbermaid tub or bucket, add the OC+, mix it around, and then put it back in the pot. Done.

Hey Doc this soil method looks real basic and might be just what I need for my next grow. I'm going to be out of town for part of it, so if I can just have my roommate water with just r/o while I'm gone that would be nice and easy.

I will be growing from a rockwool clone, would I just drop my clone in its final container with the ffof and oc+ mixed in? Just a bit scared to burn the girls because I've heard ffof is hot for a month or so.

Normal use of cal/mag with the r/o for soil? This would be my first soil grow, sorry for all the questions! Just trying to figure out what to do next go around.

:peace:

Hey Doc this soil method looks real basic and might be just what I need for my next grow. I'm going to be out of town for part of it, so if I can just have my roommate water with just r/o while I'm gone that would be nice and easy.

I will be growing from a rockwool clone, would I just drop my clone in its final container with the ffof and oc+ mixed in? Just a bit scared to burn the girls because I've heard ffof is hot for a month or so.

Normal use of cal/mag with the r/o for soil? This would be my first soil grow, sorry for all the questions! Just trying to figure out what to do next go around.

On edit: I forgot about the clone.

Yep...just bury it in the soil. Don't be afraid to bury a good part of the stem if it's stretchy. When i first tried OC+ for MJ, I put a non-rooted clone into a pot of dirt and OC.....I held it under the tap to water. That's it. Nada.

It turned out great, even though I flowered a non-rooted clone. Very small, but frosty and tasty.

:peace:

It's real basic, real easy, and the results are very good.

How's your tap water? If it's not completely whacko....just have your roomie water with tap when you're gone, so as not to starve the plants of calcium and magnesium.

The only thing I'd say is that you get a good micronute supplement, especially iron and zinc, which are the two that seem to be occasionally problematic with an OC+ grow.

If you have a hydro shop Earth Juice Microblast looks like a good product.

BTW, the RO and Cal/mag is perfect. Don't bother pHing it in soil. I never check pH.

It's real basic, real easy, and the results are very good.

How's your tap water? If it's not completely whacko....just have your roomie water with tap when you're gone, so as not to starve the plants of calcium and magnesium.

The only thing I'd say is that you get a good micronute supplement, especially iron and zinc, which are the two that seem to be occasionally problematic with an OC+ grow.

If you have a hydro shop Earth Juice Microblast looks like a good product.

BTW, the RO and Cal/mag is perfect. Don't bother pHing it in soil. I never check pH.

Cool, thanks for the quick reply. Ya my tap is garbage, around 160 TA iirc.

Cool, thanks for the quick reply. Ya my tap is garbage, around 160 TA iirc.

I forgot about the clone.

Yep...just bury it in the soil. Don't be afraid to bury a good part of the stem if it's stretchy. When i first tried OC+ for MJ, I put a non-rooted clone into a pot of dirt and OC.....I held it under the tap to water. That's it. Nada.

It turned out great, even though I flowered a non-rooted clone. Very small, but frosty and tasty.

I forgot about the clone.

:thanks:

Had good success my first go around with OC+ and DM red in 100% perlite. Simple and far-between waterings is what I'm looking for if I decide to grow before this vacation (and I probably will because I'm going crazy with an empty closet)!

I read this in multiple places that dolomite lime was needed in FFOF for pH buffering and for additional Ca and Mg...also many are cutting FFOF with up to 25% coarse perlite as well.

I've got 3 Smart Pots, going to pop some beans and give it another try. I'll follow your steps exactly, and I am going to double check on the TA value of my city water again.

I hope you'll visit the new thread when I start it Doc! :Namaste:

I read this in multiple places that dolomite lime was needed in FFOF for pH buffering and for additional Ca and Mg...also many are cutting FFOF with up to 25% coarse perlite as well.

I've got 3 Smart Pots, going to pop some beans and give it another try. I'll follow your steps exactly, and I am going to double check on the TA value of my city water again.

I hope you'll visit the new thread when I start it Doc! :Namaste:

Just be careful with the dolimite. FFOF already has it.....the product is pH buffered right out of the bag. The perlite won't hurt a thing.

Back
Top Bottom