One 4x4 tray with two 1000w hps or two 4x4 trays with one light each

sanjose

ok right now i am in my veg cycle i have a 4x4 tray filled with 25 plants in 3 gal grow bags and what i am wondering is should i add an extra 4x4 tray and put one 1000 hps over each tray and spread the plants out or should i just keep the 25 in one tray with both lights over it? what would get me better results if anyone has done this before let me know

and if i do just put two 1ks over one tray what is the average yeild i should get for the way i am growin i will veg untill 4 ft then switch to flower i am using advanced nutes for both veg and flower i hvae half white widow clones and other half og kush and strawberry cough :thanks:

If you are Vegging that long I would definitely use two trays. I hope your not planning on keeping them in 3 gals if you are vegging to 4ft, you should use 7 gal minimum, 10-15 would be optimal.

May I ask why you are Vegging so long for an indoor grow? If you veg to four feet, depending on the genetics, your plants should double to triple in size after the switch is flipped. Can we get a pic of the setup? 25 three gallons in a 4x4 area seems pretty crowded for flower, Almost seems like a large SOG setup, which is why I'm wondering why you are vegging so long. Seems like a 2L grow or even 1 Gallon with only a 1-3 week veg would be more appropriate since there is less down time and you will have all premo nugs without any popcorns. If I had that type of setup I'd consider trying out the 2L method, you can find a perfect example of this in 420fied's journal. He grows a large amount of smaller plants and keeps very low veg times and prunes his plants to achieve single colas so you have no lateral branches that will compete for light or shadow other plants.

As for yield, we need a lot more info to even get close to a solid number.

the reson i was vegging that tall was because ive done a simalar grow before where i only veged till 2 ft and got an ok amount and i thought if id let them get taller id get more bud out of the grow if i am wrong then let me know i will just veg till 2 ft again then switch to flowering ive had it were i had 12 plants in each tray and veged to 2ft and got around a pound so i thought mybe it would have been better with both lights on just one tray but if thats wrong then i wont do it.....

and i cant add pics my camera is broken and i was planning on keeping them in 3 gals i have no problem watering daily or how ever fast they drink the water i am just looking to maximize my yeild this time ive added more nutes to my line up im using b52 and sensi a n b foir vegging and i am using big bud bud candy nirvana silca blast n sensi a n b for flowering but if i am trying to get 2 pounds this time WHAT WOULD YOU SUGGEST I DO DIFF THANK YOU

One light per table and no taller than 2 ft because of canopy issues and maintenance but if you want to work harder and probably get the same harvest as before try it out. I max my tables out at 20 per and only veg to 18 in but I had height restrictions and it was still a jungle. I was getting almost 2lbs per table cured weight. Since there are new growing restrictions on caregivers here in CO I have since switched to coco and 5 gal pots with longer veg with fewer plants and have been able to get the yields that I was getting on the flood tables with 5 plants under ea 1000w light. I let them veg to 3ft now and then flip since I have more area to play with and can LST and Top my ladies pending on the strain.

:peace:

the genetics you got will stretch like crazy. Use a light per tray and only veg to 2 feet tall, they will still be plenty crowded.

Back
Top Bottom