One big tent or 2 small ones

Hi & welcome to the forums :420::thumb:

Kind of depends on what you really want to do like how many harvest you want per year & yield etc to keep you in meds/smoke etc between grows.

I'll explain a little.

With a 2 x 1 x 2 tent well at best that is 3 grows per year based on average germination & veg of 8 weeks plus a short flowering time strain of between 7 to 9 weeks so about 4 months give or take a couple of weeks more likely pushing 5 months once drying & curing is done from start to finish.

On a note you may well be running an air cooled hood/reflector with that tent with 2 x HPS.

Now two smaller tents like 1 x 1 x 2 gives scope for a faster turn around effectively harvesting every 8 weeks/2 months at best that soon adds up to a good 5 grows per year but need short flowering time strains to pull this off.

Basically as you are flowering one grow & in the other tent another grow is in veg just rinse 'n' repeat & works well with clones of a short flowering time...

The average turn over may be effected by growing different strains to the point off being ripe for harvest the figures presented are only the fastest time one can achieve governed by flowering time & ones own conditions which may effect things a little !

Thanks mate!
Ok i currently have a 1x1x2 flower tent and a smaller veg tent but want to upgrade my flower department. If i had a 2x2x1 would i need strains to finish at the same time or could i have 1/2 finishing earlier than the other 1/2? Cheers

Mmm ideally best to grow strains which have an equal flowering time as to keep things reasonable measured in time periods etc.

As like growing a longer flowering time strain & lets say for example a 10 to 12 week flowering one may mess with the next strain grown perhaps a shorter flowering time one... it is really about veg time & height of plant once flipped to expected stretch once in flower which most will double in height ye so ya have think about height control so vegging longer will be much taller plant even tho their are methods in place to help deal with height... Longer & shorter flowering times might just mess with the flow of keeping things simple ?

I'm pretty sure it can be done tho.

I did see a method with 3 tents which worked out on a monthly harvest & this was based on taking clones from the vegged plants in the grow kind of got tight a little with that method but could be done with a 4 th tent which house's mothers much better.

But in your situation you will need a staggered veg tent perhaps 2 to feed a larger flowering tent in a perpetual motion with careful timing that is why things need a rough equal timing other wise it is all a little pear shape.

Just a process really with timing :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom