One conversation not to bring up

You only have to heat them up that much? That would be easy. I found it amusing how fast they die in direct sunlight, but infuriating how good they are at getting away from that sunlight in furniture
It ain't easy!!! It 126 degrees for NO LESS than 60 min. Can not be done inside a house due to keeping temp behind walls and inside bedding. It takes multiple treatments and may never get rid of them. 3 MO of breeding (one female) can and will produce over 100,000 babies. We (in the industry) would recommend a full tenting of the house as the ONLY way we would garrentee a full kill!! The tent is actually less costly than multiple heat or chemical treatments.

bobrown14 From what you said it sounds like that mutation may have come from the ruderalis genetics. 30 days is fast as f**k. The cloned stuff did great looks frosty enough. Hopefully all those trichomes are full of THC and not CBD LOL.

I did hear they budded fine with normal growth. Weird how they changed so much when cloned.

It seems that there is a subject that is best not to bring up around me. Pot or pot genetics.

Through almost everything else in life I am pretty quiet. Ask me one little question about pot and I will ramble for hours if not stopped. I am beginning to consider it like binge talking LMAO. At least in the right situation anyway.

Pretty sure it is because I don't get to talk about it very often. Once the right person asks one simple question I will ramble of as much info as I can before they change the subject LMAO.

Am I the only one with this affliction?
What's wrong with that mate?
Sounds fairly reasonable to me

BigSur I have to agree in ways about the old school genetics. Hard to beat the well rounded highs of old. I have a couple projects going trying to bring that same mix to the next level.

I am pretty much over the add Afghani to a land race sativa and your done type breeding. Pot changed so much once they started add using indica in California for hybrids. I am trying to breed in similar highs with more strength to a Chocolate Thai hybrid. This time I used Critical. I am hoping to add lots of extra strength and keep the well rounded high. Basically enhancing the high not just making it flower faster.

Now they have so many other hybrids that will work with the old school stuff. In lots of cases better than the old Afghani fall back. In some cases I think we need to take a couple steps back. Before going forward with hybrids again. Breeding for high type not growth patterns.

Die hard land race people may never change. It's a thing and I totally understand. By trying to improve it I may end up with the same thing everyone else did. Watered down old school weed. Hopefully not.

I never did Afghani or indica hybrids. I have grown pure Afghanis and indicas. Too much couch lock for me. As are most Affie hybrids. My oldest brother called me a few months ago and offered me the best of the Dutch genetics that he has. I passed. He does not realize I am way way into landraces and heirlooms, and I have zero interest in any modern Dutch strains. Or any of the desert named hybrids like Banana Sorbet Smoothie. Which is a hybrid of a hybrid of a hybrid... 5 more times that. I am always after the sativa highs, like Durban, Colombian Gold, and SW Mexican landraces. I breed some hybrids, like Maui Waui IBL as they are already good crosses. Otherwise its mostly IBL sativas. Old school... before they were old school.

I did a Grape Ape x Durban Landrace and that one came out supreme. Best hybrid I have done. A Durban lift with a Grape Ape kick to it. I am growing a clone of it now. All purple spems, like Maui Waui. This year I am breeding mostly IBL but I am doing a Durban Poison x Vietnam Black for a stab at more THCv, and Grape Ape x Maui Waui, the party weed of party weeds. Par tay... dude.

Ham (Amateur) Radio... my Dad and I are big into it, emergency and disaster communications, storm spotting... and my favorite, DXing - or trying to see how many different countries I can work. I have a 60' tower in the back yard with a couple of antennas on it almost as big as my house.

Nice thought so. I build old school stereo gear with tubes. Some of the best sounding are from HAM radio transceivers. They get pricey.
Radio is definitely cool. Me like.

I am doing a Durban Poison x Vietnam Black for a stab at more THCv, and Grape Ape x Maui Waui, the party weed of party weeds. Par tay... dude.

You sound like you know of SnowHigh gear??

I tried one of his Durban x Acapulco Gold landrace strains a few years ago. Still on it. Get me high af too. Sometimes I gotta go with the watered down hybrids cause I cant puff the Landrace all the time. It's too strong. Not that there's anything wrong there.

It is those hidden properties of the land race stuff that always seems to end up missing in hybrids.

I thought I had read everything about Chocoloco before growing it. Found out more after growing it. I know it isn't a land race strain. At 3/4 Chocolate Thai it is close. I really enjoy the high, it hits fast and stays with you for a while. I never realized the amounts of CBD in it. Recently read a article on Chocoloco that mentions it's high levels of CBD.

Now that I can smoke it. Pretty sure I can tell the CBD is in there. I am pretty sure the near instant effects have a lot to do with the CBD. I have smoked pure CBD oil and know the feeling of smoking it. Lots of those same characteristics are in Chococloco. When I say high I don't mean high like in CBD strains. It is probably only in the 2 or 3% CBD range. My guess for THC percents is in the 12 to 16%. These numbers are pretty low by today's standards. It is the CBD effects along with the sativa buzz that make this strain so enjoyable.

I always figured that most of the CBD in the old land race stuff came from shitty care and curing. Now I don't know.

You sound like you know of SnowHigh gear??

I tried one of his Durban x Acapulco Gold landrace strains a few years ago. Still on it. Get me high af too. Sometimes I gotta go with the watered down hybrids cause I cant puff the Landrace all the time. It's too strong. Not that there's anything wrong there.

No, I do almost all of my landrace grows from original source genetics. I do not buy seeds as a rule, and I avoid all the new breeders, save for some reliable landrace sources like RSC. I have been trading with breeders and collectors like myself worldwide for some years now. I also have my own original source genetics going back to the 1970s. I developed my own Durban back cross a few years ago. I am still breeding with that now. I love Durban. One of my faves. Recently I got the Vietnam Blacks from a long time grower friend. They are coming along nicely. I typically do only IBL runs of landrace genetics, and sativas at that. But the Durban x Vietnam hybrid seems like a good match.

Funny, most these days consider the landraces as weaker than the hybrids. They are not, though that is what is commonly thought. There was garbage Mexican and Colombina back in the day. It was not all top grade. Actually most of it was not. Some do not like or understand sativa highs. I cut my teeth on old school sativas, as that was all that there was in the 1970s in California where I was. Thai, Cambo Red, SW Mexican and Colombian/Panamanian. Now and then we got Kerala ganja, Jamaican, Durban, Hawaiian or African Black Magic. And of course hashish.

I always figured that most of the CBD in the old land race stuff came from shitty care and curing. Now I don't know.

CBN comes from old weed and crappy curing and handeling. That is a breakdown product of THC with age and heat. CBD is different, and does not come from crappy weed or handling. CBD is a newer genetic mutation in Cannabis than THC is. CBD is high in Lebanese red, and that is what gives Lebanese hash its smooth high. I now make my own Lebby sisfted hash from my own Lebanese landrace plants that I grow here. One of my major wants in life has been fufilled now that weed is legal here, and I have it nailed with Lebanese Red. CBD is fickle in plants though. Even in high CBD strains the CBD levels are all over the place. In Lebanese it can be as high as 1:1 THC:CBD. CBD brings down the potency of THC, as it competes with receptors and does not have that kind of a high to it that THC has. But the combination for me is the best.

I have to agree on the combination of CBD and THC. At least in some cases. Lots of difference's in the combinations for a rec smoker than a medical one. For Rec. all you need is just a couple percent of CBD where there is still plenty of THC to do the heavy lifting. It is the 1 to 1 strains medical people want.

The one thing I don't know about is the CBD being a newer genetic mutation. I am sure all these hybrids are making new combinations of stuff in marijuana. I don't think it is really adding it. Pretty sure the CBD has always been there. It has been bred out in most case's.

I believe there is lots to be learned from the natural combinations of compounds in the land race stuff.

Believe what you want... but CBD has not been bred out of marijuana. If anything it has more recently been bred into weed. Most early landraces I have grown have no tested levels of CBD in them. Not many landraces had or have high levels of CBD. Most did not have any. Lebanese is one landrace that is high in CBD, as are several east Mediterranean strains like Turkish, Egyptian and Syrian. Several hemp landrace strains are high in CBD and have nearly zero THC. Strains like Harlequin were developed using an indica from Nepal and a sativa from Switzerland that had high CBD but nearly zero THC. Those strains are the ones typically bread into new high CBD strains. According to research that I have dug up, CBD prodcution is a later occurring mutation in Cannabis. They cannot say when it happened, just that the CBD gene happened later in the Cannabis genetic history than THC genes.

Interesting conversation here. I always thought the upland Thailand grown weed was sold on the streets in Thailand as an "old peoples treatment". Kinda sorta makes a lot of sense if it had a decent amount of CBD.

The Thailand culture goes pretty far back in history. Maybe they already figured out the THC and CBD thing??

Cannabis - its a pretty freaking cool plant. Glad hoo-mans found it.

@BigSur - you sift your flowers for hash making??

I've been sifting by hand thru screens the old way.

Its the goodies. I've never tried bubble hash or any concentrates other that Green Dragon made locally with Landrace Sativa. It's a good get up and feel good thing.

BigSur. I guess we agree even though it doesn't sound like it. As you mentioned there are land race strains that do have high levels of CBD. Yes they are low in THC but still out there. Each land race has its own special qualities. Lots of those land race strains were bred together before anyone really knew about the CBD thing. As they were lowering flowering times of sativa's other compounds came into play. Then while they were pushing the envelope to breed higher THC strains CBD was reduced. As of now just about every land race strain out there has been used in breeding marijuana. So if it was ever in a land race. It is now in the marijuana gene pool.

When you mentioned that CBD was a relatively new compound. I was thinking in the last 20 years or less. I have no idea if it came to before or after THC. I will take your word for that. Thing is it happened way before any modern times.

Everyone should have those special things they like about weed. Yours and mine are different as much as they are the same. We are both searching for those perfect highs. We just find ours in different places.

Back
Top Bottom