One-pot hash decarb in MCT

Piramide

420 Member
Hi all,

I’d like to dissolve hash in MCT. Both relatively expensive ingredients so I don’t want to mess things up.

However: it seems to me that I don’t need a separate decarb step? I can safely heat the MCT to 240F (it flashes, ignites etc at >400F) and when it reaches the decarb temp I can dissolve finely ground hash into it directly, keep it cooking at that temperature, and then let it cool.

After making cannabutter from green with a separate decarb step, an aqueous layer to pull out the chlorophyll, filtration, fridges, etc etc, this seems almost too easy. What am I missing?

I just saw your thread and just a few days ago made some oil using MCT so I thought I'd chime in. I realize this thread is a few months old so you've probably already done what you were going to do...if so I'm curious how it turned out for you? Also, I'm new to all this so my advice and a dollar may buy you a cheeseburger, that's about how much it's worth lol.

Anyway, I had read articles saying basically the same thing you're asking about, that the cannabis would decarb during the heating of the MCT oil making separate decarb optional. I almost went that route but chickened out at the last minute, this was my first attempt at making oil, I was using my last 8 grams of bud and it's going to be a few weeks before I can get anymore so I didn't want to screw it up. So I decarbed at 220 for 45 minutes, a little cooler and shorter than some of the recommendations I'd read. Then I jarred my oil and bud and put it in my crockpot with water level just above the oil level in the jar and put it on low for another 4 hours. It turned out great for me. My next attempt I'm going to go a little longer in with the crock pot and skip the separate decarb.

Back
Top Bottom