One tote RDWC!

Gadget Man

Hey guys, I'm a newbie but I have some great ideas. I have a 3x3x6 tent and a Mars II 900w LED. I'm thinking of using a 27 gal tote with two net pots. 2 inch pvc on either side, piping both out of the tent into a control tank. One will be broken down to 3/4 inch into a 400 gph pump. With my 3.5 gal DWC, the solution got up to 74 degrees. I figure bringing it outside the tent and with all the agitation, that with the increased volume should lower the temp within a reasonable level without dropping 300 bills on a chiller. Someday, I'll get a chiller but lets try this first.

Questions: All things considered, what kinda results would you estimate? Weight? Success?

Sorry if I am rambling, I have Soooo many questions.

Hey guys, I'm a newbie but I have some great ideas. I have a 3x3x6 tent and a Mars II 900w LED. I'm thinking of using a 27 gal tote with two net pots. 2 inch pvc on either side, piping both out of the tent into a control tank. One will be broken down to 3/4 inch into a 400 gph pump. With my 3.5 gal DWC, the solution got up to 74 degrees. I figure bringing it outside the tent and with all the agitation, that with the increased volume should lower the temp within a reasonable level without dropping 300 bills on a chiller. Someday, I'll get a chiller but lets try this first.

Questions: All things considered, what kinda results would you estimate? Weight? Success?

Sorry if I am rambling, I have Soooo many questions.

Hmmm...not sure how that will work out. I've regularly run DWC at temps of 74* or even higher with no issues (using Dutch Masters Zone product helps!), however, I would recommend at least a 5 gallon res for a single plant.

The main difference is that, with DWC, the pump is typically sitting outside the res and with RDWC, the pump is typically inside the res. The pump itself is a heat source and causes res temps to raise. Increased volume of the larger res will slow down the temp escalation, but, eventually, it will settle at room temp unless being either heated or cooled by some other source.

It will be a good test to see how much, if any, temps get lowered by flowing outside the growroom!

:Namaste:

K

Back
Top Bottom