OneHitter's Fox Farm, Soil, Blue Dream Grow Journal, 2014

OneHitter, that's a pretty darn big tent you're using... I wouldn't sweat the tent grow being new to you.... you have a positive outlook, ask questions, and have a journal so.. I think you'll do fine. Besides, this isn't your first rodeo.
It looks like I'm almost definitely going to get a harvest at this point but I've looked at the whole thing as a learning experience so whatever happened was fine with me. It's fun as hell isn't it!! :) Enjoying following you brother. :peace:

You know what BEATEO you're absolutely right! I am so happy to be growing again. There's just so many new strains available since the last time I grew and the more info I can get from people with experience growing Blue Dream the better. Still, there's no substitute for hands on and trying things.
With 30 plants packed into such a small space it's going to be wicked. I can't wait to see it and share it. (and smoke it, lol)

It also blows my mind that I can do this legally and share it online. Never imagined that would ever happen in my lifetime but hey, it's a good time to be alive!

Getting really excited I should have mine going in 7 to 10 days so I get how excited u r this will b my very 1st real grow!! Plants look awesome onehitter!!

Excited I found this journal!!

Your set up and grow are both looking great so far! Blue Dream has been one of my favorite strains since the first time I tried it, such an amazing high.... For the first couple months I smoked B.D. I had to be careful honestly cause it got me... drunk basically hahah man I love being surrounded by quality Cannabis!

Anyways, I am really considering a SoG for my next grow for it is something I have really wanted to experiment with ever since I got interested in growing. I think I am going to take around 25 clones from current ladies and try a quick 2 month grow... who knows!

Anyways! awesome grow, and I am super excited to follow this one, SUBSCRIBED!

Keep up the good work!

Excited I found this journal!!

Your set up and grow are both looking great so far! Blue Dream has been one of my favorite strains since the first time I tried it, such an amazing high.... For the first couple months I smoked B.D. I had to be careful honestly cause it got me... drunk basically hahah man I love being surrounded by quality Cannabis!

Anyways, I am really considering a SoG for my next grow for it is something I have really wanted to experiment with ever since I got interested in growing. I think I am going to take around 25 clones from current ladies and try a quick 2 month grow... who knows!

Anyways! awesome grow, and I am super excited to follow this one, SUBSCRIBED!

Keep up the good work!
Thanks man! Have you grown Blue Dream before?

Thanks man! Have you grown Blue Dream before?

I have never personally grown Blue Dream, I just started getting serious about cannabis horticulture a little bit ago so I still have A LOT to do and learn.

However, I would go to the Grow Journals sections of this forum and then go to the Completed Journals section and use the search function in the upper right hand corner of the forum and just search "Blue Dream".

I am sure you will find a few Journals on 420mag that have Blue Dream. Then if you need more advice then those journals can give you I would either PM the member whose journal it was, or try other sources for information.

Hope that helps!

As a matter of fact, I just found a Blue Dream journal on the front page of the Journals in Progress section. I knew that there had to be some people on here with Blue Dream experience. It is an extremely well known and popular strain, everybody I have ever met who has tried it enjoys the smoke a lot.

Anyways, give this one a look, very beautiful stuff in here. I just read it from start to finish about a week ago, excited to see DarkGreenGoo finish that one up!

DarkGreenGoo's - HSO Blue Dream - Indoor - LED - Coco Hempy SCROG!

:rollit:Some of the new growth is looking yellow on the leaves with green veins suggesting a Magnesium or Iron deficiency.
Fed them 1/4 a few days ago and a bit of foliar feeding today and will get some Cal-Mag in them as soon as the pots dry out a bit.

Here's some pics:

Will post some more soon.

OneHitter,

I am currently growing a Blue Dream in a small enclosed space. The grow space for this one plant is 2ft by 2ft by 4ft. Disclosure: I am a noob at growing weed, but have been around gardens my whole life, for quick background.

Big Girl is a single plant, dispensary clone. I gave it 30 days of Veg, she is now around 42 days of Flower. She is due to harvest in mid January. Here are 4 quick photos of her taken this weekend.

IMG_25549.JPG
IMG_254413.JPG
IMG_255013.JPG
IMG_255114.JPG

I used LST causing a different stem to become one of the primary cola's, while the original one is just average now. The buds are extremely tight and small, but feel heavy. The plant is in about 8-9 gallons of soil in a 15 gallon container.

Agree, this plant is a bit funky looking. Its from a clone at the dispensary I picked up this fall. Its extremely happy in its environment with tight nugs, not going to argue with who her real parents were yet...

Her parents make beautiful babies.

I don't want to over run your journal here. They are in miracle grow soil (yes I know, never again, but damn did it work out so far this time). I gave her 12,4,8 miracle grow generic stuff veg mix during veg state. I started her on some Alaska fish emulsion that is listed at 5-1-1 and after flower started I bought some Alaska 0-10-10.

I tend to add MG to 1st watering, both Alaska mix to second watering, third water is plain. This is an average week. However, I also let her go for a week, with out any water, to drain the soil. I have digital monitors on her soil, so track just how dry it really is and yes there is pretty time stamped charts with curves for water, heat and humidity levels at all times of her grow.

I took some photos with the lights off tonight, for the first time. Here are three. Day 45ish in Flower.

IMG_261610.JPG
IMG_260916.JPG

IMG_260512.JPG

The plants got a good dose of worm castings tea
and foliar fed with Cal-Mag and they really perked right up.
Growth has greened up and plants are looking full of life.
Temperature and humidity is 78 F/48% and they look ready to take off.
Roots are just showing out the bottom of the pots.
I'll get some new pics up soon.
I flipped to 12 hours today!
Let the show begin!
P.S. Thanks for the subs, likes and tips eveyone.
Much Appreciated!

Watered the girls today with worm compost tea with a bit of fish emulsion and they really are growing much faster and greener. Flipped them today. I did it a couple days ago but for some reason one of the lights didn't turn off so today is the first day of 12/12 lights. Let the show begin!
They look happy and when my plants are happy, I'm happy.:peace:

Here's some more pics:

IMG_20141219_174804622.jpg

IMG_20141219_174815255.jpg

IMG_20141219_174743475.jpg

IMG_20141219_174755899_HDR.jpg

Growth is really speeding up.
Since the plants are so packed close together I pruned lower branches
to create more air flow near the bottom of the plants.
Going for 3-4 main branches per plant including the top.
I didn't top the plants to reduce side branching so the branches are trained to grow
as straight and vertical as possible, SOG style.

Fed some more compost tea with a pinch of fish emulsion today.
Next watering will be plain, pH adjusted water.

The guy at the hydro store gave me a sample of an enzyme called
SLF 100 that is supposed to reduce salt build up in the soil. It's
listed organic under OMRI. Has anyone used this product before?

Back
Top Bottom