Ongoing problem - Leaf discoloration

dubbledeforty

I've posted this issue I believe 2-3 other times on the forums but no matter what I try they won't get any better. I'm now into my first or second week of flowering and this issue has been going on since the beginning of vegetation. The leaves primarily have a lighter green that covers most of each leaf. Usually, the leaf will turn solid yellow and follow off within a few weeks. I bought some fertilizer around 2 weeks ago (Dr Earth Home Grown Organic and Nature Crafted Blend 4-6-3) and gave each plant the suggested amount. Last week, I even sprayed the leaves with some epsom salt, that I had dissolved into water, in hopes of getting their mg up. I really would love to resolve this problem once and for all. Thanks for any feedback that can be given.
IMG_57677.JPG
IMG_57646.JPG
IMG_57628.JPG
IMG_576110.JPG
IMG_57588.JPG
IMG_57579.JPG
IMG_57566.JPG

It looks to me like you have more than one issue going on, I see Nitro def, Cal or Phos and Mag. You also have older leaves showing one issue, and new growth showing another. So that leads me to believe you have a pH issue. If the pH is not within the appropriate range, the plant will not be able to uptake certain nutrients and therefore may become deficient in multiple things. This is often referred to as lockout.

I would flush with 6.0 pH'd water. And then give an adequate feeding of your base nutes and preflower nutes. This will help to get the Nitrogen up a little before flowering and will load her up with P and K.

Another theory is pests

It looks to me like you have more than one issue going on, I see Nitro def, Cal or Phos and Mag. You also have older leaves showing one issue, and new growth showing another. So that leads me to believe you have a pH issue. If the pH is not within the appropriate range, the plant will not be able to uptake certain nutrients and therefore may become deficient in multiple things. This is often referred to as lockout.

I would flush with 6.0 pH'd water. And then give an adequate feeding of your base nutes and preflower nutes. This will help to get the Nitrogen up a little before flowering and will load her up with P and K.

Another theory is pests

I haven't watered in almost a month now due to rain water that has been coming up every 3-4 days. I only have used the 4-6-3 fertilizer which says to only apply every other month. It was the only thing I could find at my home depot that would work.

There's bugs right on the leaves. They're sucking and eating your leaves. They preferred the yellowing N def. ones it seems. What are you using for pest control?

That's not going to be the best nutrients to use, it'll be hard to control. I'd advise making 1/4 strength doses and feeding more often. I'm sure the rain water is flushing your plants for you. IMO. Likewise with the micro nutrients, like magnesium... That plant food won't be able to supply the needed amount. You can get some kelp meal, bone meal, blood meal, Epsom salts, mollases etc... Lots of organic goodies to help to your baby.

Otherwise they look pretty good for late in the summer. I'd Take a step to control the pests and find some sources of potassium, phosphorus and the micro nutrients.

Hope that helps any...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

There's bugs right on the leaves. They're sucking and eating your leaves. They preferred the yellowing N def. ones it seems. What are you using for pest control?

That's not going to be the best nutrients to use, it'll be hard to control. I'd advise making 1/4 strength doses and feeding more often. I'm sure the rain water is flushing your plants for you. IMO. Likewise with the micro nutrients, like magnesium... That plant food won't be able to supply the needed amount. You can get some kelp meal, bone meal, blood meal, Epsom salts, mollases etc... Lots of organic goodies to help to your baby.

Otherwise they look pretty good for late in the summer. I'd Take a step to control the pests and find some sources of potassium, phosphorus and the micro nutrients.

Hope that helps any...

I'm not using anything for bugs at the moment. Although, the last time I went to see them there were several stink bugs on them which made me believe that they were part of the problem. Is there any organic pest spray you would recommend? I'm strictly limited to home depot and lowes as there is no hydro store in town.

The problem with the fertilizer is it says to put on every other month so is it safe to switch fertilizers or even put more of the same stuff on but in smaller doses? If you think I should switch do you have anything in mind? I already know to stay clear of miracle gro and such but I can't find a specific fertilizer that would work well at home depot/lowes.

I sprayed them with a low amount of epsom salt that had been dissolved in water a few weeks ago but I should probably make it a regular thing. Is it a good idea to combine things like kelp meal, bone meal, etc? Or should I just stick with one?

Thanks for the help!

The best thing to do is make a tea. Put all you ingredients in and stir it up. Let it sit for a day or so, Then strain out the solids and use the solution to feed your plants. My buddy struggled with his 10-10-10 plant food but he made it through to harvest. Home depot will have most of the things you need, I'd focus on kelp meal (k)and bat guano or bone meal(p). For potassium and phosphorous. Keep doing you Epson salts too, it's hard to overdo magnesium and the rain should keep the salt build up to minimum. As for the current feed you have, it would not hurt anything to switch to something else, especially organics. If you want mjj specific nutes you'll have to order some. But like I said feed more often in lower concentrations. (if you don't supplement with all the other stuff, in which case just keep your current feed schedule)

As for the pests, ask at home depot for some food grade insecticides. It's usually made of potassium salts and will be effective for most bugs.

Back
Top Bottom