Only one cotyledon present: Any advise please

Burnzie

Just germinated 5 feminised seeds and 1 has only one cotyledon present I know it's called a monocoat and know some info about it but would really appreciate any info if people have had or seen this before and how it affects the overall plant and growth I have had a little search on google but found nothing to really help :/

:thanks:

Two photos to help :(

image13465.jpg

image13466.jpg

Thanks for some feedback this well be a good one to see how it turns out
But not sure how it will affect the overall growth and yield
I suppose there's only one way to get the information I need and that's just to soldier the grow and see where it goes
Hopefully it's all ok but I will be updating this thread over the next few weeks for future reference for others as I this this is the only
Thread in this site about it happening :)

A week after starting this thread no growth has happened and nothing new regards to development or movement :(
Starting to think this little girl is not going to make it so I think I'm going to just leave it in the grow tent and see,
What happens over the next 30 days I will be posting weekly updates

Another week on and it was looking really bad and pointless to carry on, no growth at all, poor health.
I uprooted it and it looks like the seed carried enough for it to get this far but with not being able to produce more leafs,
The plant just stunted and held on it was going to do nothing :(
image13784.jpg
image13785.jpg

I'll tell you how I germinated mine, I had a total of 7 seeds and all 7 germinated perfectly and it was very simple. Get a clear glass of water and throw a seed in it. The seed won't dunk for the first 5-7 hours so after awhile tap on the seed with your finger until it sinks down. Let it sit for about 15 hours more until it opens up (shouldn't take no more then 24 hours). Take it out and put it in your soil about as deep as the size of you're pencil eraser. It should pop up in a few days I think mine took 2-3-4 days. Hopefully this helps you too I'm in the process of growing my first plants and I'll tell you it is difficult but fun to watch them grow. Oh and make sure to keep them in the dark complete dark until they pop up and start growing. Give them like a spoonful of water once or twice a day.

it reminds me of a seedling I had last grow. normaly you'll see the 2 cotyledons and the begining of the first real leaves right from the start but this one ony had the cotyledons. I think it was a birth defect

742F2BBB-FC14-4925-9544-29466A6EEEA0.jpeg

I think I have the same problem here you can see only 1 cotyledon but you can also see the little baby fan leaves stuck together. Birth defect ??

I know looked up what’s was going on and first thread that popped up man. So it’s a mutant? Tight ... the strain is GMO lol

I seen an autoflower plant had helmet head where the seed was squeezing the cotyledons on both sides and as a noob, attempted to remove the shell remnants but unsuccessfully and in the process one cotyledon ripped off. The other cotyledon developed something I describe as leaf scarring that remained for its life. I am unsure if this has a technical term. Read online by many that it was hopeless with a single cotyledon, but didn't want to give up so it was set near the window in the 3 gal fabric pot it was planted in. Three weeks later, a tiny leaf was noticed growing next to cotyledon. The plant stayed healthy looking other than the scarring. Then it was placed in a solo cup and put into grow tent to give it a better shot. To the surprise... it grew. By day 37 the last cotyledon turned yellow. It worked so hard to help the plant grow and reached its lifecycle. On day 40, it was far behind other plants started at same time since it only had been truly growing for a lil over 2 weeks and not th 40 full as it would have normally, but it's flourishing. First time so waiting on finale results

Screenshot_20230219_225837_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230219_225858_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230219_225930_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230219_225941_Gallery.jpg

Awesome to see this. I have a Blueberry 🫐 Muffin that popped up today, and while removing the shell casing, one of the cotyledon leaves came off. I can see the tiny true leaves, and hopefully it will be fine. I read a lot of positive post on Google saying they should be fine with one leaf, but could be stunted a few days.

Back
Top Bottom