Only using an HPS

bluemode

Hi, I have a 400wt hps. I have failed to get my hands on a 400wt mh conversion bulb. I am growing 4 plants in 5 gal pails, I don't want to hang a ton of cfl's for vegging so can I use the hps to grow both vegging and flowering?

You CAN, but I wouldnt reccomend it. An HPS bulb puts out an red-orange spectrum of light perfect for flowering cannibas plant. However for the vegitave stage of growth cannibas needs a good blue light spectrum, such as those many CFLs you dont want to hang up. An HPS will work for vegging though, your yield shouldnt be affected. You plants might not like the spectrum of light but they will still strive for growth underneath its rays.

Thanx for the info. I have got eight 100wt cfl's, two per plant. Will that suffice? If so I will have them directly over the plants none one the sides, no mylar, just white walls. They'll only be vegging for about a month maybe a bit longer am I correct on that? Then I can blast em with the hps. Thank you all for your input. I'm glad to have you. No more questions.

Back
Top Bottom