Oops, sorry, but I seem to have snuck in via the backdoor...

AuGrowR

I've been here a few days, but just negotiating my way around as I've much to learn.

I did a brief into on the over 50 thread where I've been hanging out. So, asking me about myself can be a tad risky with so much experience and as I've never been one to shrink away from new experiences, I have enough for an autobiography...

I'm a native Californian and lived within the same general area all my life except for my military service.

I started smoking herb just before graduating high school and with the exception of military service continued smoking daily into my mid thirties. I stopped by choice as it wasn't compatible with a new career after becoming disabled after a surgery to correct migrating disk material due to genetics and years of abuse due to sports.

Life being about change dealt another and shortly after medical Marijuana became legal I became a patient. I again quit for a few years due to economic issues, but recently returned as a patient.

I've started my first outdoor grow in a greenhouse and just passed four weeks and transplanted all my babies into large pots. After a little stress they are looking fine.

Well, if'n ya want to know more just ask. I enjoy gold mining, all the usual outdoors activities, movies and all the aspects of Marijuana :thumb:

welcome to the most awesome:420:, im sure your gonna love it here, i can relate to your expierences with disability i was an athletic type a body bulider and strongman, but 5 blown discs and two trashed knees later im a big ass cripple, cannabis is my saving grace both use and growing! cool to have you here swing by my journal snytime the backdoor is not locked (wink):thumb:

Thanks BigIrishDoode!

Someone once told me when I was younger, that had he known how long he was going to live, he'd sure have taken his youth a lot easier and the dude was a slacker!

Getting old ain't for the weak! But, ya buddy! Thank God for the green meds!

Here's a pic of "Best in Show" for week 5 ;-)

*Crossing fingers... I'm a tad rusty posting pics.
W5JCBest3.jpg

Very nice sir. :bravo: Are you gonna do a grow journal? I would be interested in following you along the path. ;)

Thanks Spimp... I've considered keeping a blog... More of a "What not to do" for beginners. I began posting on others "Help" posts, not as I'm a growing guru, "know it all" but it seems some have never planted as much as a tomato plant, much less a vegetable garden, so lack confidence more than lacking skills.

Plus the "specified Vernacular" can be intimidating, especially if one chooses an indoor grow with zero lighting experience, but a blog can be time consuming too, so it's a time management issue more than desire.

But, I'd like to "Demystify" the experience and help make growing easy on a budget. I'm married and disabled, so funds are very tight, but one doesn't want to skimp on quality either, so as I learn more specific "Do It Yourself" skills as I experiment may be helpful to others.

While my first grow is outdoors and inside a greenhouse, many simple and common mistakes can be documented with humor so others can avoid doing the same, so I'll think on this more and see if I can set aside one day each week to update my grow.

Thanks for asking and encouraging me to blog...

Wish you a comfortable and happy day! :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom