Oops

labexperiment

I had to do something and flipped the switch to turn my lights on 10 minutes early yesterday and forgot to turn them off after, I did not notice until today when I went to do a foliar spray before lights on tonight. This is the first time I have done something like this and am unsure if there is anything I can do to lessen the stress I may have caused them, or what course of action I should take now. I was thinking 24 hours of darkness, but honestly I am at a loss of what I should do.

Re: Opps

i would continue as normal,an extended out of spec dark period may cause more stress and confuse the plant.
i would just feed ph adjusted water for a few days:)

yes as this is the chronological time for sunrise and the plant knows this.
sunrise must always be consistent in my opinion mate :)
just continue as per normal mate ,i doubt it will cause any major issues as its a one off and you caught it quickly.
it usually takes a few light cycle muck ups that went unnoticed to cause stress flowers , growth halt etc.

We had to leave town and left our son in charge. We had a power problem, he didn't notice. He would come flip the lights on (before we had timers) stay 30 min. and leave. For over 2 weeks he did not know that the breaker flipped off after 40 min. They got light only 40 min a day for 2 weeks!!! We came home...fixed the problem. The girls weathered it ok, pushed back harvest, but other than that we all survived! My point being...let us not stress so much...stuff happens, just get back on track!

They will be fine lab, nothing to be done about the stress caused though. Just keep usual light schedule and they will be fine.

Granny Evie that is an amazing bit of info../its great to know that our girls can weather such stress!

the stress comes from interrupting the light cycle,not from leaving them on..

2 times in my flower period,they get the lights left on for 24hr on purpose,once at day 35 and once again at 53,as I see them "stall" in flower it gives them a kick in the ass

I know a 40 year grower who runs his lights 20/12 20 hours on 12 hours off. never had a hermi,His stuff finishes a
week before mine,every-time.But I am also not home to do that everyday

Back
Top Bottom