Ok so I didn’t do anything last 2 days but water... really didn’t defoil or tuck or anything... these gals grew a lot!!

Soooo... I gotta keep tucking and bending or is there a point where I just let them go? I’m 1 week in on flower.

B74EFAFF-8B67-4140-BEA7-9D2F06941021.jpeg

1FC66B5E-2609-4680-A7AC-A83A2A5135D5.jpeg

I’m going to do some more tucking and bending and selective leaf removal today... bubba kush 2.0 got some big leaves, throwin lots of shade...

I don’t want to limit harvest by bending under the scrof too much, at some point these tops need some vertical to create colas no?

Yeah bro! Like silverfox said. After a certain time you let them grow. The idea of scrog, or screen of green. Is you veg your plants into the net, tucking and bending into the next hole. Until you fill ever hole.

Then you flip the timer to 12/12, so everything stretches the same, and your left with an even canopy for flower! :thumb:

Wow, they are getting big bro.
You can bend and tuck until week 2 or 3 weeks in flowering.
If you don't tuck anymore, I believe you might have an uneven canopy due to the stretch after week 3. Just be careful.
After the stretch on week 3,I would do a big defoliation in the middle.

Great job on your plants @Opar

Thanks @Backlipslide , appreciate your comments. Your plants are looking great!!

And thank you @Sparkey224 , appreciate that info, I was going to stop tucking and let them go now, but I can see how that would be a mistake... blue dream is supposed to be a real stretcher but so far the bubba kush 2.0’s are leading the way... we’ll see how they finish!

Tomorrow I will tuck and train, I have been doing a little selective leaf taking but it seems like every morning for every one I took, 3 more take its place :)

Saw some pistils on my bubba kush today, didn’t check the others .. funny thing, I thought one of the lower nodes had balls, but it was just tightly curled pistils, scared the hell out of me :p

That's going to be a big yield @Opar .

From your lips to Mother Nature’s ear!

My big 3's are:
1) genetics- they says thats 95% of growing
2) temps/humidity
3) lights/nutrients

1). So far HSO is looking good!

2). I know I’m not optimal with the vpd... next grow I’m going to try to dial this in.

3). I’m hoping I’m bang on with this, minus the suspected iron deficiency I didn’t cotton to until now. Despite friendly advice :(

hope this helps..
It does indeed, thank you @Sparkey224 !

Well, I fed my yellowish blue dream some iron, so we’ll see how that turns out, kept the others to their regular feed... feeding roughly 2 quarts a day to each plant, they are in 5 gallon pots...

Checked in on them this morning ....

59029A7B-6461-4AC0-9CBA-65E2143CAF9B.jpeg

They are finitely stretching and the blue dreams are catching up... i was heavy handed with the supercropping... figured I might as well try to even the canopy since we’re a week and a half in....

A24E919A-8CFC-45C3-A430-C4F34E696BCC.jpeg

Damn I hope I’m not killing my harvest! Lol... :oops:

Hope all your days are going well, all the best!!

How big are those squares?

Never noticed before, but they look oddly big. I’m thinking you could have used smaller holes, and done a bit better of a job filling in the holes. Tucking and bending.

You asked for honest criticism, and I delivered.

BUT! I’m no scrog expert by any means. To be honest I’ve never actually grown under a screen of green before.

I do want to say though, I don’t think your plants are overgrown for your tent at all. Like mushie said, it’s packed in there from front to back. Doing great opar! :thumb:

How big are those squares?

Never noticed before, but they look oddly big. I’m thinking you could have used smaller holes, and done a bit better of a job filling in the holes. Tucking and bending.

I definitely agree, I bought a trellis net at the hydro store, but next grow I will use a better screen, these holes are HUGE, it’s mainly super cropping keeping my canopy level!

Appreciate the feedback, especially since it’s something I was muttering to myself about :)

Back
Top Bottom