Water/fed today, a day early

• Tap water 110ppm
  • ~70ppm cal mag
  • ~200ppm gh flora nova grow
  • Couple drops of superthrive
380ish ppm, maybe early for that heavy a solution?

Fed to around 20% run-off

Thought process on today’s feed and the grow

So, I watered/fed a day early. My little solo cup Bubba Kush 2.0 is really taking a turn for the worse. I think I dried her out. Combo of small container, light and fan I’m supposing. Yellow spots I’m unsure of ( on lower leaves), I am using tap water... but I supplemented this feeding with about 80ppm cal mag. Hit it with around 200ppm floranova grow and some Superthrive. I pH’d the water/nutes to 5.8. I then moved solo cup bk2.0 away from fan and raised the light a tad.

So Blue Dream #1 is still yellow... I posted a pic below showing the difference..... hopefully she greens a bit if that’s what she needs....

Please have a gander and feel free to comment!

Bubba Kush 2.0 - #1:
5F63B22F-B11F-4A09-BD83-91C538845331.jpeg
61A5B3ED-0C6E-4ED1-8A13-876E5AEEAB69.jpeg

Bubba Kush 2.0 - #2
B4313039-3EA3-41E6-A06F-BE02846F93C7.jpeg

Blue Dream #1:
9A856FD2-50AA-4424-BC72-7199C076B66B.jpeg

Blue Dream #1 on left, #2 on right:
574DC9F6-E4E3-4D02-82CE-740DC021665A.jpeg

Blue Dream #2:
A4168FC8-2855-498C-A583-A4560B04F959.jpeg

Your grow is looking great! I would have raised my lights as well. Good move. If you see any stretch it's a simple fix to lower the light a little bit to find the sweet spot.
Blue Dream #1 looks little a hungry.
Super thrive is a fantastic product. I use it with my clones, after re-potting, after stressful training, etc... but...
If you use Super Thrive as an every day additive it can make your plant lazy. Or so I have been told. (not speaking from personal experience). I have been told and I have read that Super Thrive is basicly a growth hormone booster. If it's provided to the plant all the time it can make the plant reliant on it and it will stop production of it's own growth hormones.
For this reason I only use it for seedlings, clones, and as a stress counteractant.
Perhaps someone else might chime in with better info on the Super Thrive but this is what I go with.

Bubba kush #2 looks very droopy, and unhappy. Is that what you were explaining about above pics?

Your other plants look superb! Nice and healthy.

#2 it could be anything from, roots being stressed out, to over or under watered. You said you just fed them hey?

@Backlipslide yes, I’m very worried about her. After feeding she seems to be slowly recovering:

Bottom left of pic. I’m pretty sure I underwatered her , leaves weee almost crunchy when I touched ‘em. I think she’ll get water/cal mag tomorrow and hopefully transplant if she’s looking better the following day.... at least that’s what I’m thinking.

Hey Opar- Nice setup for sure and great taste in strains too.
I definitely would raise the light some. I like some stretch in veg anyway- with a 600w thats pretty close. imo raise it up to 36 inches.
Maybe a combo of heat(coming from the light) and over watering the plants. I usually wait till the soil is bone dry( almost wilting) and then water/feed them and you will see a rocket in growth.

Hello! Checked on the girls this morning and moved the hood up to 30inches.

Here is a pic with the great result of the 3 changes made for bubba kush 2.0 #2:

1. Raised hood
  2. Watered with good dose of nutes
  3. Moved away from fan
I did get some stretch out of the bigger ones, and moving the light up should pay bigger dividends. I saw @Emilya’s journal and I really like the idea of weighing the containers to track water consumption, at least while I can.... would that work for coco as much?

She’s on the bottom left, I hope she continues her rally!

Hello! Checked on the girls this morning and moved the hood up to 30inches.

Here is a pic with the great result of the 3 changes made for bubba kush 2.0 #2:

1. Raised hood
  2. Watered with good dose of nutes
  3. Moved away from fan
I did get some stretch out of the bigger ones, and moving the light up should pay bigger dividends. I saw @Emilya’s journal and I really like the idea of weighing the containers to track water consumption, at least while I can.... would that work for coco as much?
Yes, great method to check if the plants are ready for watering.
With the 600 HID/HPS I would raise it even more. Theres no way that will hurt the plant. It might stretch a little more but thats ok. Once the plant is bigger you can get closer to the light. But still even whrn they are big 18/24 is the max I would put them. Yes, you want your internodes close but you also want healthy plants going into Flower to make things easier.
I can tell you are a quick learner Opar. Great job so far.

She’s on the bottom left, I hope she continues her rally!

Sorry this is the reply..need coffee..lol
With the 600 HID/HPS I would raise it even more. Theres no way that will hurt the plant. It might stretch a little more but thats ok. Once the plant is bigger you can get closer to the light. But still even whrn they are big 18/24 is the max I would put them. Yes, you want your internodes close but you also want healthy plants going into Flower to make things easier.
I can tell you are a quick learner Opar. Great job so far.

Back
Top Bottom