Even though it’s legal here in Canada now, I still don’t share my growing experience with hardly anyone, so this forum has been amazing...Well, even therapeutic... :) I’m one of those guys who gets almost giddy talking about stuff, whether it’s food, or growing Cannabis :)
That was the main reason I joined an online forum as well. :high-five: I’m glad I did!

My wife was like you need to find somebody more passionate about cannabis you can talk to. She supports my hobby but doesn’t want to talk about it as much as I do.
Same same! :high-five:

Im on a roll! Anybody else want to high five?

I’m locked and loaded!

:high-five:

@Opar fantastic job in there man! Your knocking this out of the park buddy!:bravo:

Thanks stoneotter! Even though it’s legal here in Canada now, I still don’t share my growing experience with hardly anyone, so this forum has been amazing...Well, even therapeutic... :) I’m one of those guys who gets almost giddy talking about stuff, whether it’s food, or growing Cannabis :)

Following someone’s recipe helps a lot, but that alone wasn’t sufficient, the support you offered was amazing! Thank you! And your grows are freaking awesome, loving watching the budgetLED perform for you!! Thanks for your virtual friendship :)
I'm the same way. Even the close people I do share with don't have the affection for the process we do. This is the place!

Day 42ish... amber but on sugar leaves so no biggie right? Still need more weight!!!!

25C1963E-1E61-4560-86CB-1FE170B5E8BD.jpeg
0EF54641-AF1E-4081-B5B7-AB20B5379F0F.jpeg
4C97078C-C07C-456C-A52A-652969813527.jpeg

clone that had a hard start...

DB8AA546-7BAE-4C78-82E3-66D1E1C0F094.jpeg

Soooo, southern Ontario, time to germinate for outdoor right?
I germinated May 1st but I think I may have been a bit early last year - I might wait a few more weeks this year - but then again...I don't know what I am doing so don't go by me.
Hey Back - was that seed you sent me an auto - the Blue Cookie???

I germinated May 1st but I think I may have been a bit early last year - I might wait a few more weeks this year - but then again...I don't know what I am doing so don't go by me.
Hey Back - was that seed you sent me an auto - the Blue Cookie???
I think I remember you pushing them because the temperatures and conditions were getting really wet and cold. I think early May might be a good idea, maybe even try earlier if it’s nice.

No sir, they were photos,Read more about the strain here.

maybe even try earlier if it’s nice.
You could be right but if they are not going to flip until July are they just going stay in veg and get too big. Someone mentioned that I should start in June - even being in a greenhouse they are going to flip according to the season. Last year if I had not topped them, I'm sure they would have been at least 12'. I'm going to try a much more aggressive trimming program.
I would still like to try the idea of adding about an hour of artificial light at the end of each day and then cut it off about July. I am hoping that the light change would trigger flowering a bit earlier.

You could be right but if they are not going to flip until July are they just going stay in veg and get too big. Someone mentioned that I should start in June - even being in a greenhouse they are going to flip according to the season. Last year if I had not topped them, I'm sure they would have been at least 12'. I'm going to try a much more aggressive trimming program.
I would still like to try the idea of adding about an hour of artificial light at the end of each day and then cut it off about July. I am hoping that the light change would trigger flowering a bit earlier.
You could start when you normally start like last year. When they get to be about your height. Top them. They won’t grow vertically anymore, but more vertically. You could control the height of them that way. Instead of having a big Christmas tree you will have a gigantic bush. Your right about the plants not flipping till their ready. You could also manipulate them to force flower, but doing that can be tricky, because unless you can’t get them in complete darkness then there is no point really.

Thanks for the input guys! I think i'm going to start early indoors and try for mid-end of may to transition outside. This hopefully will give me a better chance at getting a huge tree...
Be carful doing that, I’ve read that starting under a light then switching to sun light can shock them. I’m not saying no don’t do that, but just be eerie on it :thumb:

You could also manipulate them to force flower
My manipulation will be adding light, hoping that the flip isn't because of 12/12 but more from a reduction of light at a certain time. It seemed that last year all the good went into the plant - not the buds. Altho, this morning I took a penful of "Jeff" She was a plant that got moved to the forest because I figured it was a male, then later noticed I was wrong, dug her up and moved her into a 5 gal. bucket and tended to her with the rest at the shed. I must say - that hit did the job - wobbly legs for a little while!!! :rofl: Now, keep in mind - my plants had more light shocks and moves than a travelling Gypsy Fireworks show!!!

Be carful doing that, I’ve read that starting under a light then switching to sun light can shock them. I’m not saying no don’t do that, but just be eerie on it :thumb:

Yes, need to slowly introduce them in shaded area first, so as not to sunburn them... would be nice to get one of those massive trees going... will need a huge smart pot and cook some organic living soil.... time to start reading

Day 42ish...

So I got my math wrong... last Saturday I thought I was around day 42... but actually today is day 42.... I was thinking my buds weren’t gaining enough weight so I consulted my calendar again and found out I was off by a week! Thank goodness it didn’t alter my feed regimen :) lol. No harm no foul...

So day 42, and putting on weight, starting to use yoyo’s to hold the coals up, since some have been flopping over...

875F6D17-BE25-4F66-8599-0E2789DBA463.jpeg
8AD58794-5DFF-4F8A-9E45-947BFE044517.jpeg
98E180A2-1E1F-404D-88A9-09352488C807.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom