Well, she isn’t looking good... hopefully next few days help out, gonna let them all dry out good, and back down the nutrient strength... hopefully that helps out.... topped the healthy ones, looking forward to seeing some healthy bush from the three, left the distressed blue dream alone... if no luck I will clone the healthy blue dream and try dwc for next run. 5 - 6 day water changes will help enforce s level of discipline with me ... haha

So still drying out, the others are all flourishing... but she’s not looking good... I was careful about pH... not sure what’s going on, when she’s dry maybe just ph some tap water and do a full flush? Poor gal....

The others are looking great...

Hey Opar,

After the flush Opar. Let the soil dry out again completely. (Very important) then hit her with some nutrients. She should bounce back in no time.
No lie Opar- I overwatered my plants this first 3 yrs of growing. Then I starting letting them dry out, no more problems after that. Plus they grow faster, and you yield more.
Just my take brother.
The other ones look great.

Hey @Opar ! Welcome. I'm a first time grower and these kind folks have been amazing and so helpful. I'm fairly caught up with your grow and definitely hitching a ride with you on this one. They look great. I'll be doing an indoor grow in the near future. I'm slowly building my knowledge base. Your experience and the type of sharing you have already done will be invaluable to us. Thank you.

Well I fed them all today, hoping she comes around. I did a little training, nothing major. Keeping the light high, and hoping for some decent growth

You don’t necessarily want the light too high or plants will stretch and then during flower it becomes impossible to give all buds equal light. You want the light close but not uncomfortable for your plants.

What training are you doing? I’ve done all different ways and swear my best yield ever came off just a low stress trained bubblicious!

Can’t wait to see the progress ! :Namaste:

Thanks for checking out the grow guys!
Appreciate the kind encouragement.

Sooo, training wise I just did some super cropping, to allow some of the lower tops to get a little more light. I’ve seen some of the other methods which don’t induce stalls, but thought I’d try my hand at brutalizing them, for my first grow, and getting handy with it.

I will definitely try some different techniques in future grows, for now I wanna try to get them to fill out a bit and stretch up, then scrog ‘em up and see what’s what. Think I got s little carried away for such small plants but we’ll see.

They seem to have adjusted to the topping I gave them earlier, so we’ll see.

I’ll try to post an aerial shot of the 4 later today. I know these guys are a little small for their age but I’m pretty sure my mistakes with the lighting are to blame. :)

So a massive photo dump is not really an update but, just into week 4, hoping to see some stretch and growth, I will veg until I think I can get a full canopy from all 4, could take awhile :)

Distressed blue dream still looking bad, but seems to be improving.... going to calmsg them tomorrow and see what happens, if she doesn’t peek up soon, I may try to dwc veg a sapphire og and see if I can catch up to the coco... at least a little anyways ....
68C690F8-EC19-492E-A254-4510BF6175D3.jpeg
6E7425A6-8AEF-4048-99AE-787DDDDA58C1.jpeg
47AF6687-113F-41DA-979F-A84B396E7780.jpeg
B294F2FE-15EB-49FD-94F5-8D894A6E7D26.jpeg
EDEA6207-285B-4ACA-8BDA-C7B130246296.jpeg
8D2A23E1-333B-4118-A668-6CF51B61BFB1.jpeg

You’re doing great. They always seem to stretch around this time. The roots are doing their work now so when it’s time they will have all the energy they need.

To me the one looks overwatered. But again I have zero experience in coco and would lean to the experts on this.

That room will be full in no time :Namaste:

Wel, I fed her yesterday and again today.. probably about 1.3 gallons on each day, yesterday was nutrients, today was calmag, I’m starting to think I didn’t feed her enough, and she’s hurting for it, her leaves are very dry, stalks are almost hollow feeling.... if she goes down, it will be to too much, not not enough.

Most of what I’ve read on coco/perlite mix basically says it’s almost impossible to overwater.... The other girls are looking fantastic. So I’m figuring I didn’t feed enough, and then transplant put the hurt on her... drying her out probably didn’t help... of course I could be dead wrong and signing her death warrant... one thing is for sure, I won’t be worrying about her soon, she’ll heal or be gone. The other blue dream has potential to take over the tent I think.... we’ll find out :)

Ok, so I watered/fed this morning, but not the distressed yet. I will get her tonight. I also went and got a pump, lines and drip feeders for when I go away. I will feed small amounts over days, probably not enough, but need to give them something so they don’t dry out on me while I’m gone. So I’ll play with getting that all set up next week... first time grow and I’m going to be setting up a reservoir... kinda neat. My next veg will be dwc.... but for now I must stay patient and nurse these gals along in their coco!

Well reservoir system now in place... just need to figure out the timing so I don’t have any run-off... better to build a little salt up with very minor feeding while I’m away, since I don’t have a system to manage run-off... any have any ideas on how much to water in a 5 gallon plastic pot full of 50/50 coco/perlite mix per day to produce no run off? Maybe 2 litres per pot, every 2nd day?

Well, done and done, slightly more than 2 litres a pot every 2 days... now just to get the water in the res right, a few holes in the lid for hoses and cable and I’m all done... can’t believe how quick that came togethee, and distressed blue dream seems to be coming around... she still looks rough but looks like she’s improving.

Love this idea!!! I always do the wick method on holidays and it keeps them alive but I always come home to really sad plants. I’m gonna have to try this!

When I was in coco (last batch) I was around 70/30 perlite. 5 gal cloth pots and they took about 1.25 gallons of water per feeding before seeing run off. That would last me about 4 maybe 5 days if I’m lucky. Your not going to want to water them for run off, while your gone. The goal is to just give them enough water to keep them alive while your gone. 2L per pot sounds alright every second day. Don’t know when you leave but if I don’t talk to you before you go, have a good trip!

Back
Top Bottom