Operating cost between LED and HPS

Abbottbudz

420 Member
Hi fellow growers,

I've been soaking up alot of info from this website, huge thanks to all of you for your contribution. I'm curious about something and I hope some of the growers here wouldn't mind chiming in and share their data. This may will help others to consider their budget plan for having a garden. It is important for new growers to keep in mind about the operating costs of running a garden.

For my budget plan, I have a pretty good idea of what my plan would look like if I were to grow six in flowering. I never grew before and plan on starting before winter arrives. I'm curious, what does your operating cost looks like? Also is your grow in LED set up or HPS?

If the operating cost difference between LED and HPS is significant, then I will keep an eye on led lights for my first grow.

Thanks

HPS, my grow is small scale through, 4-5 plants. Costs me roughly ~$15 a month to operate the lights + fans. Why did I choose HPS over LED? I'm a beginner, I'm learning and I've read that MH/HPS can be more forgiving to operate as there's just so much information about them out there. Plus they're way cheaper. I don't really care about huge yields right now, I'm just trying learn how to grow healthy plants. Pretty sure the LEDs workout to be better long term (in years) but I don't know, there's a bunch of new models out that are better than the last but the last ones were there just 6 months ago so if it keeps getting better and cheaper then maybe eventually I'll get one for experimenting in veg.

Back
Top Bottom