Operation Stealthbox a Go *NooB*

GhettyGreen184

Ill start by saying i'm new to this forum although the past few weeks i've done some extensive research on CFL Grows. (I know i know i'm saving for the 400W HPS but until then 6 CFL's wil have to do.

I found some plans for the rubbermaid grow box which im sure you've all seen done before but this works really well with my house so i chose this method.

Im only planning on using two plants, Im starting with bag-seed from my last Triangle Kush batch. They look like good seeds so hopefully they will be fine ladies soon. I have all the materials installed, have test driven the box out for a day, w/o any plants inside it runs at 85 F and Precip. 55-57%. This was after a day of running full blast. Not sure but i think thats in the ball park of temp ect..

I only need to purchase soil, and nutes, I was recommended Fox Farm but was told i needed one nute for veg and one for flower. not sure what will work best, I want to go ORganic with these ladies.

This is my first grow EVER! Any and all help will be MORE than appreciated. Im picking up the seeds this weekend and hopefully i will have formulated a grocery list by next week for getting these things GOING!1!

This is my baby, 95$ rubbermaid stealthbox
-Two 32 gallon totes
-3 socket light fixture (2)
-6 26W 1700 lumen CFL's (Warm)
-Lined with aluminum foil tape and white paint
-2 basic 80mm computer fans w/ dryer hose stuff for intake and exhaust
-Weatherstripping for sealing together totes when stacked

Here are some pics
Hidden in a locked utility room.

operation001.jpg

Here she is- (The Chamber)
You can see where the output fan is mounted in the top left corner

noname-3.jpg

Another interior, intake fan attatched to hose on outter side of box.

noname-2.jpg

Apologize about my photography skills
This is the back, the exhaust fan is connected to the metal tube, it runs to the normal dryer output exhaust, sealed with a filter.
Intake just a metal tube for increased intake.

noname-1-1.jpg

So this is the start, hopefully 80 days from now ill be a very happy man.

Im hoping that i can keep this forum posted, i have a lot of paperwork i can refer to but it helps to use your peers. Like chemical balance, ph balance, how much water to add w/ he nutes ect...

As far as light cycles ive heard about 18=6 and 12/12, what would be best to start with and how high or low should the seedlings initially be from the lights to begin.

Cannot wait to start this job..:yummy:

Nice clean setup you got there. Looks to be ideal for a 2 plant grow. What are the dimensions of your grow space? In the pics, the box looks a little small to be vegging for any extensive period. If your planning to keep your plants in there the whole time, I might suggest going 12/12 the entire grow. You will lose some yield if you go this route and some don't recommend it. For certain applications, the space requires it. Also you might want to invest in a ph kit to test soil/water.

FFOF is good right out of the bag. Some growers prefer mixing 1 part FF Light warrior to 1 part Ocean forest. The light warrior is good because its light weight and has very good drainage. You might add some chunky perlite to the mix to ensure your getting maximum root aeration. For nutes I recommend FF Growbig and Tigerbloom. They seem to work for many people... In the end its all about your personal preference and what works best for you. :smokin:
Overall looks to be a killer stealth box... I am looking forward to seeing how well it does

EDIT: Seedlings should be anywhere from 2-6'' from the light. Any higher than that and you will experience unwanted stretching. Any lower than that any you are putting your plants at risk of burning. The bare minimum ive read is 1cm, although that seems a little drastic...

i'll have to get the deminitions when i find my tape ruler. I purchased a digital PH tester for this grow. So is the grow big for veg purposes and tiger bloom for flower?
Im thinking of heading to the local nursery for a concoction of FFOF and some chunky perlite, Ive heard about a 5-1 mix is adequete. She the perlite be mixed through of layered in the soil.
Im going to pick up the seeds tonight, going to attempt to hit the nursery on monday for all supplies. Lets get these ladies going.

Heres my list so far for this box grow.
FF Ocean Forest
Chunk Perlite 100%
Possibly FF GrowBig and FF Tiger Bloom for the nutes.
Going to use the good old germination technique, following a large styrofoam cup of FF Soil to start the seedling under the lights, then transplant into two large, permenant pots.

Im considering doing the 18-6 light cycle but does that mean my plants will grow taller? Im looking for bushy lowriders, possibly even a SCROG if i can gether more info on its purpose. its looks sweeet.

Thanks guys, more pics soon i want to get started!

Well for starters you need some way to raise your plants either towards the light or for your light to be lowered towards the plants. You want CFLs to be as close as possible, about 2 inches away. For nutes Ide use grow big for veg and big bloom for flower, even some tiger bloom. Mix all the perlite through the soil evenly. Plants with a veg period will grow bigger and taller. However when flowering starts your plants can stretch 2-3 times their size....So take that in account.

Is this grow still alive?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom