Opinion on LED lights

Odinstrange

Right now I'm using a 1200 watt philozon led grow light an been contemplating on purchasing another I am on my second grow an not getting as much yield as i thought with the strain I'm growing an was wondering on yalls opinion if I matched the watts I already got in there it should add on at least a little weight an better quality this is only my second grow so still learning as well

Right now I'm using a 1200 watt philozon led grow light an been contemplating on purchasing another I am on my second grow an not getting as much yield as i thought with the strain I'm growing an was wondering on yalls opinion if I matched the watts I already got in there it should add on at least a little weight an better quality this is only my second grow so still learning as well

I got the same light as you. added a 1500w by the same company and Im' pretty happy with the combo. although another 1500 is on the way and gonna use the 1200 in a tent.

My tent is approx. A 4×4×7 in feet an an my light font have a footprint or itd probably smash my plants being right over them all the time lmao I'm kidding but I do have no clue what you speak of an if you have the same one plus another 1500 have you went full cycle with the two an how they turn for you for harvest

My tent is approx. A 4×4×7 in feet an an my light font have a footprint or itd probably smash my plants being right over them all the time lmao I'm kidding but I do have no clue what you speak of an if you have the same one plus another 1500 have you went full cycle with the two an how they turn for you for harvest

I"m about to flip to flowering in a couple days. so i won't know how well they do for budding just yet. i'm doing 4 plants. not in a tent but i've been hanging white poly around closely around them.

One thing i've noticed is the 1200 gives of a much more blue light with both switches on. the 1500 give off more of a red light.

Check out this video on grow light I dont want to try and sell it to you but To be honest I have it in a 4x4 tent and the lighting is on point plus it isn't blurple!

Ohhhh, this is the tent i have coming in the mail. very nice : )

How much the Aglex run you cost wise I'm kinda in the budget grow but if it's under a 200$ mark I can do it or buy a few smaller ones but this is the color my light pushes out this is the newer edition of the philozon

Attachments

• 20181211_093408.jpg
    20181211_093408.jpg
    665.9 KB · Views: 487
I don't see what sets this light apart from others in the same price range. In fact the amazon listing shows almost no specs lol

might be helpful if you describe the light as far as power goes by how much it draws from the wall
which for this fixture is 400 watts

It pulls 350 Watts from the wall, Puts a pretty even light spread on a 4x4 canopy, over 500 par from 30 + inches away doesnt dim down much on sides, Its a nice sized light, Sleek, Well put together, Cob lights are white and can be used for just veg, theres 4 IR diods, and a 9x9 board of blue and red LEDs minus the 4 larger Cobs

You have 300w in a 4x4 tent which is not even close to being close to being enough light :)

$200 = Get 600w HPS.

I don't see what sets this light apart from others in the same price range. In fact the amazon listing shows almost no specs lol

Rule #1 of LED purchase: Steer well clear of the Amazon/ebay lamps from unknown brands, they're ALL crap!

It pulls 350 Watts from the wall, Puts a pretty even light spread on a 4x4 canopy

You need 4 of those in a 4x4 to optimally flower cannabis.

The spread is horrible, like any other box light, and beyond the 3x3 mark you get less than 150 µmoles/s...

over 500 par

No :)

PAR is NOT a unit!
It's a range of the most photosynthetically active wavelengths, 400nm to 700nm (the unit is nanometer).

What we measure is PPFD, and the unit is µmoles/s (micromoles per second).

not worrying about this mumbo jumbo lol. if my lights don't do well i'll get new ones. but i saw pics of plants budded under phlizon lights and they seem to do well. Also the reviews were good. the aglex had no reviews at all on amazon. i'd be happy to buy one after many other people test it out lol.

not worrying about this mumbo jumbo lol. if my lights don't do well i'll get new ones. but i saw pics of plants budded under phlizon lights and they seem to do well. Also the reviews were good. the aglex had no reviews at all on amazon. i'd be happy to buy one after many other people test it out lol.

You can't trust pictures and reviews unless you're 100% sure it isn't sponsered/commercial content.
However, you can trust quality components from brand names.

The Aglex and all the other scam-lamps on amazon will do just as bad as what you already have, they're all made from low grade components and assembled by hard pressed and/or unskilled workers. It's overpriced junk!

You can grow under these lights, and get decent bud too, but not if you trust the seller's numbers.
The lamp you have is for a 2x2 area, not 4x4.

Having only 300 real watts in a 4x4 tent won't work well in any case.

It's not possible to get proper (or crappy) LED for 4x4 for $200.
If you're willing to do a minimal amount of DIY you can get a good LED setup for $500 - $600, and an optimal LED setup for around $900.

You can't trust pictures and reviews unless you're 100% sure it isn't sponsered/commercial content.
However, you can trust quality components from brand names.

The Aglex and all the other scam-lamps on amazon will do just as bad as what you already have, they're all made from low grade components and assembled by hard pressed and/or unskilled workers. It's overpriced junk!

You can grow under these lights, and get decent bud too, but not if you trust the seller's numbers.
The lamp you have is for a 2x2 area, not 4x4.

Having only 300 real watts in a 4x4 tent won't work well in any case.

It's not possible to get proper (or crappy) LED for 4x4 for $200.
If you're willing to do a minimal amount of DIY you can get a good LED setup for $500 - $600, and an optimal LED setup for around $900.

Kinda why I have 3 of them. Phlizon lamps. Gonna be good enough for the first grow. I certainly would never think that a $200 light would be top notch.

For the tradtional LED grow lights, you will need 35~50w/sft to get great result. For the light you use currently, I believe it is a 120pcs so called 10w chips, which is 1200w, but actually wattage is around 250w; To get enough light, you will need 4x4x35w=560w in total, so besides the 1200w light, which is around 250w, you will still need one 300w real wattage LED grow light. Hope this helps! :)

You have 300w in a 4x4 tent which is not even close to being close to being enough light :)

$200 = Get 600w HPS.

Rule #1 of LED purchase: Steer well clear of the Amazon/ebay lamps from unknown brands, they're ALL crap!

You need 4 of those in a 4x4 to optimally flower cannabis.

The spread is horrible, like any other box light, and beyond the 3x3 mark you get less than 150 µmoles/s...

No :)

PAR is NOT a unit!
It's a range of the most photosynthetically active wavelengths, 400nm to 700nm (the unit is nanometer).

What we measure is PPFD, and the unit is µmoles/s (micromoles per second).

I 420% agree with this post!

This makes no sense
or at the very least, you have your par values reserved
Surely, you must have noticed this
:rolleyes:

LOL... Its quite backwards isn't it :) LOL

Back
Top Bottom