Opinions Needed on LED Lights!

One of the sponsors here sells those, I remember hearing good things about them. I think there may be a grow journal or two, search also for Advanced LED 'cause I think some may have posted using the name of the sponsor instead of the "Diamond Series" designation. But yeah, I'm pretty sure you have a decent unit. But like you said, probably underpowered for your space. (34" x 20" x 5'6" isn't that small for a cab!) It'll still work though and is probably a good choice if you're already having heat issues. :)

Thanks Boscoe for the quick reply, I'm looking over the results now from the search. But I guess what my first question was whether or not the company I ordered from what reputable or not. The website Diamond Series LED is different than that of advancedledlights.com, however it does have the same product and the site is setup similar, but that could be just cut and paste, same numbers etc. etc. but different company all together. I'm really starting to have bad feelings.... even the testimonials are 2 years outdated on the diamond site .... not so on the advanced site...

But Thanks again Boscoe

Hi 420,

Because I want to potentially cut the closet in half horizontally in the future, I need a light that can be operated close to the canopy. The general advice of CLW is 18-24in depending on plant growth stage, strain etc (I understand that these are rough guidlines!)...

Whereas the BUDMASTER guidlines are very high... 1.5 (5ft)-2m (6.5ft) for veg and 45-60cm for bloom. I am assuming this is because they have packed in such as massive amount of diodes in each cluster... But even so this is really high industry wide.. The general advice for LEDS seems to be 12-24in ish.. That is what the few PAR reading comparisons I have seen measure at...

Budmaster - Powerful units but perhaps not the best for close canopy growing with restricted height?
DrSmokebro

When you say close to the canopy how close are you talking exactly, its just that LEDs by design cannot really be placed close close?

The Budmaster is probably using narrow angled Led lenses, which will definitely make it a no go.

I would say go with solar storm they are wide angled 120deg lenses and that guy is honest in his approach as they clearly admit in his forum that LEDs are not quite there yet but they do make a good alternative for the situation you described here

Telkwa, I was referring o the brand. They put a lot of testing and research into their product and it works. They added just the right amount of white IMHO and didn't stray too far off the efficiency path. As for the secondary lenses or reflectors... both companies are understating the drawbacks and overstating the rewards of their chosen path (it's called marketing). I personally would not us a 120 degree base diode without a reflector or a refraction method. You simply lose too many photons from side spray. However, the second link you gave 80-85% as a base. In actuality, it's really about a 7-12% lose and reflectors are a min of 5%. The bars in the photo are from a sine wave, you get the same thing with HPS.

...could you be more specific as to model...???...

...the first light I considered but didn't get was the one with the ten 10 watt cree elements, the DS XML 350...

Back
Top Bottom