Opinions Needed on LED Lights!

I'm certainly going topLED too but those Lush lights are insane. 2+ grams per watt without trouble. Subcool claims he's doing 40 zips under 1K HID. That's insane. I can't wait to see what the Lush lights do for his garden!

Buy the variety, it couldn't hurt!

Let me be a little more clear. There is no such thing as a white LED that is above 8000K. It is not possible because there is not a black body radiant scale that goes to that level. It in not possible to get IR or UV: A , B, or C from a white diode. UV:A and B can damage and/or cause a morphology in plants and plant cells. Part of that morphology is the production of resins. The rest of their write-up is pretty basic knowledge.

So - on the 9000k spectrum mentioned on the site........ they are full of $%^$*?

Thanks for the clarifications though. You thoughts on purchasing a new LED Lamp?
Appreciated - DS

I guess this is still a bit unclear. There is not a mathematical possibility for us to create 8000+ Kelvin LEDs. When we go beyond 8000K, which is possible, it then becomes a hue of blue and is no longer a white diode. The formula is on the wiki page Color temperature - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There has been some success in the CFL industry to create near antic lighting with phosphors to give a wider spectra diffusion. To do this in the LED market we would have to use very expensive <380nm violet diodes with a light blend to get close to those numbers. I'm not the best at explaining this. The math is the best way to show it. Basic jest is, They are not truly naming the diodes, but there isn't a good way to market and label them with the current standards that we have in the industry. The mass public somewhat understands the basics of the current labeling system. So saying it's 15,000K or 20,000K is acceptable to the general public and they get the basics of what color light they should be receiving.

As for the purchase of lights, people on this site have had great success with TopLed lights and they are one of the cheapest in $per watt terms.

Let me be a little more clear. There is no such thing as a white LED that is above 8000K. It is not possible because there is not a black body radiant scale that goes to that level. It in not possible to get IR or UV: A , B, or C from a white diode. UV:A and B can damage and/or cause a morphology in plants and plant cells. Part of that morphology is the production of resins. The rest of their write-up is pretty basic knowledge.

So still a bit unclear on the UVB: Can cause damage and/or Morphology. In the case as to how it pertains to "cannabis" - this is a GOOD thing right? Morphology and Resin......

The purpose of the COB is to reduce production cost and piece count. 1 more robust heat-sink, 1 driver, 1 diode. Yes the process to produce that diode increases price a bit but not as much as the production of 120 or 300 diodes. Lenses and reflectors are used to intensify the radiant flux in a given area. Focus more photons in a smaller area = higher penetration depth.

So....Since I will be going SOG - COB lighting, while having its purpose, really does no support any added value to me. The most PAR over the greatest area with the least power draw is most ideal for my goal - Correct?

Assuming above is correct - TopLED 3w reflectors are probably my best bet.

Thanks for the help again - Not sure what "Likes" are for here but your knowledge is appreciated.

FYI - We use a "Karma" system on my other hobbyist board which works out much better for validating someone's knowledge and helpfulness :)

Plus 1 virtual Karma bro!

DS

With so much space, you should just grow big plants. It's so much easier & will produce a much larger yield. Some people get 30+ ounces per 1K light. You'll never pull that off with tiny plants!

Your Right! I did not think it would be a big deal with the time saved from veg time but it looks like it does. Thanks

So still a bit unclear on the UVB: Can cause damage and/or Morphology. In the case as to how it pertains to "cannabis" - this is a GOOD thing right? Morphology and Resin......

A UV 10K light bulb is full spectrum just way heavy on the UV side

Your Right! I did not think it would be a big deal with the time saved from veg time but it looks like it does. Thanks

the size of the container is a major factor in the size of the finished plant and veg size

I've done countless hours of research on this subject and almost without fail i come to the same conclusion every time.

Get Mars II's by TopLED.....why? - Good customer service, direct from China so no middle men involved, well built and at the right price, not to mention the results that they are producing currently on these forums.

Other LED companies may have had a good run on here in the past, but the very nature of the LED light business makes that a useless point. The technology changes and advances on almost a monthly basis, so you need to ride the crest of the wave, and it seems that the Mars II's are right up there. When you buy direct from the website, or through the TopLED thread on here the price makes them in a league of their own in my humble opinion.

Many of the other LED branded lights you can find on Alibaba for a fraction of what the sellers are knocking them out for. Budmaster being one example, and BlackDog being another. With a slightly different casing BlackDog are selling the Mars II for around 400% more than you can buy them direct from China, and Budmaster do the same...not something i'm going to fall for, thanks!

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents! For those who didn't read the post by Sara on the TopLED thread, the company are currently working on a new generation of lights that is in the testing phase right now. She thinks they will be available in around 5-6 months.....if you can wait that long ;)

I had 2 large LED fixtures, 500 Watts each. They grow, but the yield is not what you would hope for. It does produce little heat, so that is an advantage. But I prefer CFLs for sure.

have you keep a compare data and picture when led vs CFL,work for planting growing :)

From tech info I rec'd, 420-740 spectrums are used. I can give exact and where they are positioned, but I need to know if that's ok with Amy first. I will say most reds are in the 630-660 area.

Wavelength.png
Light_waves_needed_for_growing.JPG

I wanted to say that I currently am testing one of our new sponsors "Intelligent Gro" LED on my most current journal. These lights are definitely cool because they allow custom tuning of the spectral output with programmable color channels. I am currently in Veg with these lights and I have to say, the veg growth is faster, and larger leaves than the Top LED lights I was using for veg (reflector series 144x3w).

They also use more wavelengths/diodes than the Top LED lights and include a more full Blue end of the spectrum which IMO is important because many of the auxillary pigments receptors absorb light in the blue/purple/aqua range.

Check em out...

Not knocking Top LED at all, because I love my Mars II lights, especially for a very reasonable price, but I also wanted to throw out another option for everyone to look at. Check out my journal links..

Mars II Flowering tent...
DSC088911.JPG
DSC088941.JPG

Intelligent Gro Test grow (veg)
DSC088901.JPG
DSC088822.JPG
DSC088811.JPG

Dont forget about topLed. They have a following and journals and Sara Hu sale rep seems to have super human abilities. tracking discounting, complimenting, fixing Etc. No one left unsatisfied.

What is the double cord between lights used for? Why Two?

One cord is the power, the units can be daisy chained together so instead of plugging each unit into the wall outlet, you only plug one in to the wall outlet and they all connect together.

The 2nd cord is for the Intelligent LED controller. The Intelligent Gro lights offer a custom controller that allows each color channel (grow, bloom, veg) to be adjusted by intensity per hour of the day. The 2nd cord allows the computer signal from the controller to reach each light and tell the light which channels should be on, and how intense each channel should be.

DSC08636.JPG
LED_controller_Accessories-500x500.png
DSC086221.JPG
DSC086212.JPG
DSC086202.JPG

Hi Everyone,

this has been a Great thread to read and I really do wish I had read it before I ordered my LED. What I was wondering if anyone here knew was about this company... "Diamond Series LED"? I have a order in for a Diamond Series 100w Led, (I know that everyone would say that's way to small of a panel to do any serious flowering in, but my area is only 34" x 20" x 5'6" an OLD style metal wardrober).

Back to the question.

Is this company legit or should I stop the purchase of this item? I've tried contacting them several times on the status of my order but the only thing I got on their website is that the order is "awaiting fulfilment", what type of BS is that?

I really hope someone here has any type of info that I can gleam so that I can go to the next step on this before I do any real damage to my 2 baby girls (Arjan's Haze #1), I've been chasing high heat all month.

Thanks in advance,
Raziel819

Back
Top Bottom