Opinions needed - Start nutes yet or hold off?

Canobud

strain: widow
medium: fox farms ocean forest/perlite
lighting: 300W LED main with CFL supplement, running gas light routine
water: spring water

I could really use some guidance on when to begin a nutrient regimen. My plant is 48 days from seed, and I plan to stay in veg until day 60 before switching to flower. I have the fox farms trio and some cal/mag available when needed, but I've seen enough posts about ocean forest being a bit hot to question when I may actually need them. My plant is growing bushy and very thick, and the leaves are still healthy and green. It was up-potted from a solo cup to a 3 gallon Smart pot with fresh ocean forest soil & perlite at day 29 and I've been watering with just spring water.

Should nutrients be withheld until the plant shows signs of needing it? I don't know if it would be better to keep relying on the nutrients in the ocean forest soil all the way through veg, or if I'll perhaps see bigger/better yield if I go ahead and start 1/4-strength fox farms trio now. What is the conventional wisdom here? Are nutrients recommended for better results, or should I stick with spring water if it's still lush green and showing strong growth?

IMG_27759.jpg

IMG_275115.jpg

From the looks of your girl she seems like she is doing fine on nute levels, shes nice and lush and a great shade of green. I don't have experience with your choice of medium so i can't say how long the nutes will last ya in the soil. I know your excited and wanna help your baby reach her fullest potential but all good things come with time and patience and that is exactly what you need to keep in mind when growing. You will know when to add more nutes based on how your girl looks, this comes with a bit of practice but if i must give you some answer it would be that when she starts getting a lighter green color and it is definitely noticeable and her growth slows down might not hurt to nute her then. Last thing you want to do is give her nutes and OD her then you will have problems for real at that point. My last bit of advice for you would be, the sooner you learn to let her do her thing and not micro manage every little thing the sooner you will become more comfortable with growing. Good vibes your way and i hope this helped and may your day be a grand one!

(In a thick Scottish accent) Feed it.
Start light and build up slowly. Don't wait to see a problem. FFOF will run out of gas eventually, keep the soil happy with some fishy ferts.

Back
Top Bottom