Opinions on auto pots? Anyone had problems with them?

HigherTheHigh

Hello all!

Im looking into getting a 8 pot autopot system for my garden and want to no if they worked for you.

Did they compare much with yield with them being fed from the bottom?

Any root issues with them being fed straight to the root?

Im thinking of running 8 in 15L pots, air domes and the first 2-3 inches around the dome and bottom of pot with clay pebbles, sure someone told me to do it that way before.

I didn't know what this was so I Googled "8 pot autopot system" and found a lot of info. I guess you probably have too?

The hydroponics forum here isn't too busy, but you might want to search and/or post over there...

Good luck :)

I have seen people on here have grown with them and looked like they have had great results but need to no the down sides to them.

The only thing on that side is really dwc stuff ect.

Managing pH swings was my big challenge with a hydro grow using General Hydroponics FloraSeries. (No complaints otherwise except schlepping all that water around--call me Aquarius.)

FWIW, Advanced Nutrients "pH Perfect" products help to limit pH variation according to the folks on the hydroponics forums I asked.

Managing pH swings was my big challenge with a hydro grow using General Hydroponics FloraSeries. (No complaints otherwise except schlepping all that water around--call me Aquarius.)

FWIW, Advanced Nutrients "pH Perfect" products help to limit pH variation according to the folks on the hydroponics forums I asked.
I am doing my first grow and using an Autopot. I haven't had any issues so far and my plant looks OK I think.
420-magazine-mobile1034320646.jpg

I ended up losing 6 plants because i was not tip top with the whole PH ect, not afraid to say i failed and stick to coco.

Iv heard once you transplant them into there pots you hand feed them for 2-3 weeks for the roots to get down to the water source.

Did you put a layer of pebbles in the bottom?

I liked how Nebuala Haze says, "...when you make a mistake, and you WILL make mistakes..." ;)

I love coco drain to waste. Fresh medium every day and no pH to track or correct.

I put hydroton pellets in the bottoms of all my pots, including the tomatoes. ;) I think washed, rounded river gravel would work as well as long at it's not limestone or otherwise acid sensitive.

Back
Top Bottom