Opinions people?

Colby Rohrig

Should i plant it in its final container ? Or stick it in the dwc cloner i made first ?

20210127_112459.jpg

20210127_112441.jpg

This thread has been moved to Frequently Asked Questions.

We work hard to make 420 Magazine as navigable as possible for members and guests so that information can be easily found. We also want to ensure that your own thread receives the most appropriate responses, views or support.

:Namaste:

Is that the world's biggest rockwool cube?:)

I usually give the seed a 24 hour soak in water and then in a paper towel until the root comes out of the seed.

Once the small root appears I put it in a 2" cube of rockwool. I like to keep the rockwool damp by fitting it one of the slots of a homemade cloner, kind of like the real one you have there.

When the seedling has sprouted and roots have broken out from the bottom of the rockwool I remove it from the cube to the final net and bucket with those clay balls. Until the roots really grow I keep the bucket water high and watch the seedling, pouring a little water on it once and awhile until the roots hit the water.

Not sure your situation exactly but I'd get the seed in a small rockwool cube. The rockwool can get too wet and kill the seed so watch it and keep it damp and let it dry a little if it's soaked.

Once you see a sprout and some leaves and some roots poking out of the cube you know it's on its way and can be put in you DWC.

Personally I wouldn't use any nutrients until the first two starter leaves are gone and there is some real leaves.

Is that the world's biggest rockwool cube?:)

I usually give the seed a 24 hour soak in water and then in a paper towel until the root comes out of the seed.

Once the small root appears I put it in a 2" cube of rockwool. I like to keep the rockwool damp by fitting it one of the slots of a homemade cloner, kind of like the real one you have there.

When the seedling has sprouted and roots have broken out from the bottom of the rockwool I remove it from the cube to the final net and bucket with those clay balls. Until the roots really grow I keep the bucket water high and watch the seedling, pouring a little water on it once and awhile until the roots hit the water.

Not sure your situation exactly but I'd get the seed in a small rockwool cube. The rockwool can get too wet and kill the seed so watch it and keep it damp and let it dry a little if it's soaked.

Once you see a sprout and some leaves and some roots poking out of the cube you know it's on its way and can be put in you DWC.

Personally I wouldn't use any nutrients until the first two starter leaves are gone and there is some real leaves.
Hey my "real"cloner i made my self i just attacked a lil rubermaid container with a 2" 1/8" hole saw and made the notch for the airline by using the side of a 1/4" drill bit and melted the plastic with a small torch and pressed down to ges a good fit and seal cost was like 30 bucks for everything nice big disk airstone too and the w"worlds biggest cube is for a 12" net pot lol.and i literaly put like 3or 4 drops of gh flora nova in 2 l bottled water and a smidge of root hormone basicaly the residue on the underside of the cap

16119786174496663905866821253156.jpg

16119788493526378985538241324171.jpg

Hey my "real"cloner i made my self i just attacked a lil rubermaid container with a 2" 1/8" hole saw and made the notch for the airline by using the side of a 1/4" drill bit and melted the plastic with a small torch and pressed down to ges a good fit and seal cost was like 30 bucks for everything nice big disk airstone too and the w"worlds biggest cube is for a 12" net pot lol.and i literaly put like 3or 4 drops of gh flora nova in 2 l bottled water and a smidge of root hormone basicaly the residue on the underside of the cap

I also got a small pond pump that comes with these 2 diff sprayer heads for diff effect for water feature in a pond do you know what im talking about ? The up side down cone shape spray or an arching stream im assuming from the look of it but i wanna put that in my cloner or build a rail with sprayers
You don’t need the bucket with that cube, put it on a gro-slab... well that’s what I would do. And do your dwc with known killer female clones.... then you know what to expect... or have an idea anyways.
Ima gave to google grow slab

I also got a small pond pump that comes with these 2 diff sprayer heads for diff effect for water feature in a pond do you know what im talking about ? The up side down cone shape spray or an arching stream im assuming from the look of it but i wanna put that in my cloner or build a rail with sprayers

Yah i went ahead and stuck the bean in the rockwool cube and am i to under stand the seedling dosent go in the system untill the roots reach the water ?

way too large a cube for that. seeding direct in to a cube that large is a good recipe for damping off. rockwool is literally a 70's - 80's tech. as mentioned before it has gone from a dwc media to a slab or direct injection approach.

in the 80's i would go from a smaller cube to germinate, direct in to hydroton pebbles for dwc. ( or lava rock in real early grows ) stem rot could be an issue with the bigger cubes, so i only did two grows with them as the main media.

if you are doing dwc you can get smaller cubes to germinate with, then just transplant the cube in to hydroton. the hydroton rests in a basket.

that little system you have in the first pic you posted is just for starting clones. it won't finish a plant.

Allrighty so just to confirm nuthing but hydroton and the little cube i germinate in ?

yes. from there in to the larger dwc bucket you posted.

Back
Top Bottom