Opinions

Nedhead

Hi All,

Pics below of my first grow. One Blue cookies and one Northern Lights. Both planted Nov 1st. I did have a bit of an issue in the first 9 days in that my ph was too high and the room temp to cold which I have rectified and they have bounced back ok I think. Blue Cookies is 10 inches tall and NL is almost 7. As I said in another post I think my earlier mistakes with the ph and room temp cost me 7-10 days of active growth but lessons were learned. I have also, after getting a response from Tortured Soul, switched from just blue spectrum to blue and red spectrum for both plants. What are your thoughts people? Do they look happy and healthy enough? I think they do but I don’t have a seasoned eye yet when it comes to judging.
ED56E030-5758-438F-8FD6-09B0337ACAB7.jpeg
B2B38578-18DE-4122-BE81-763CF00EE733.jpeg

Yes. That’s what I though about one as well. It’s the Blue Cookies one. The NL plant is shorter and bushier for sure. It was causing me some lighting issues so today I added a second light and now each one has its own and they are set about 4” from each plant. I don’t know about the wattage (Costco specials) but having them that close hasn’t seemed to cause any issues thus far
13218226-CC54-48BF-A6F1-39E130FF83DC.jpeg
A1C57993-B0EC-425A-A809-86334FBAB9F6.jpeg

Thank-you! I am very excited. My wife thinks I have lost it a bit upstairs because I pay several visits a day to them. I am hoping my initial mistake with the temp and ph doesn't cost me to much yield but hey...it's my first grow so I will be happy with almost any yield. Grow number 2 will be a different story. I will have expectations of that one.

Follow up question...

As you can probably tell by the pics they are growing in our spare bathroom (warmest room in the house) and thus far I have only turned the bathroom fan on. Should I introduce an oscillating fan I bought for the grow and provide some indirect airflow around the plants?

Yes. That’s what I though about one as well. It’s the Blue Cookies one. The NL plant is shorter and bushier for sure. It was causing me some lighting issues so today I added a second light and now each one has its own and they are set about 4” from each plant. I don’t know about the wattage (Costco specials) but having them that close hasn’t seemed to cause any issues thus far
13218226-CC54-48BF-A6F1-39E130FF83DC.jpeg
A1C57993-B0EC-425A-A809-86334FBAB9F6.jpeg

You're not planning on completing veg and flowering with this light are you? Costco right?

The lights are what, 17 watts? For almost $50 they're garbage. Sorry man

Well. First grow. It is what it is. The price was right to dip my toes in the water. We will see what happens. My plan was always to invest in better lights but I wanted to see what the difficulty level in growing was like in general before dumping a bunch of cash into a new hobby.

Well. First grow. It is what it is. The price was right to dip my toes in the water. We will see what happens. My plan was always to invest in better lights but I wanted to see what the difficulty level in growing was like in general before dumping a bunch of cash into a new hobby.

You're not going to get anything to smoke with that light.

For shits and giggles though if I were to upgrade the lights at this point would the grow be salvaged?

For shits and giggles though if I were to upgrade the lights at this point would the grow be salvaged?

Of course, you're only vegging it right now. You can put up a new light and continue to veg until you're ready to flip to flower. Depending on the square footage you are planning on lighting, blurples require 50w/sq foot and new, more efficient lights like those made from the Samsung diodes, are about 30w/sq foot.

Make sure you pay attention to real watts pulled from the wall and not advertised wattage, or "equivalent" wattage

What would be your thoughts on this?
Amazon.ca

Careful posting links to non vendor equipment. The censorship is pretty brutal here, and why I'm not as active on this site.

With it being 2018, I'm not a fan of old blurple diodes and old tech. This will work, for 2 plants at most. You'll more than likely end up wanting to upgrade the light, and at that cost I'd look at the lights with samsung diodes or cob lighting. An HLG135 would flower a 2x2. You can do a DIY as well. I've got a 2.5x2.5 tent and use a Foluxsolutions 240W

Thx for the opinion. Newbie mistake on the link.

Back
Top Bottom