Opioid Tapering With Cannabis: A Regimen

I believe this will be the future "Cannabis will rise & the opioids will fall"

Great work as always Sue :Namaste:

Great job Sue! Wednesday is my official quit date :slide:. It is a goal I have been working towards now for years. Apparently they sell cbd eddibles at the smoke shop in town? Is it not a WONDERFUL thing when you can get over the counter meds? I suppose the dispensary is OTC THC, but I found it pretty neat that CBD was avalible through non licensed entities... now my dreams would come true if those CBD eddible were also for sale in the health foods stores and in pharmacies. A man can dream.....

Anyways I may have to reverse the eat THC smoke CBD but regardless I am committed to the cause for my sake as well as my loved ones.

Thank you for your hard work and research!

Great job Sue! Wednesday is my official quit date :slide:. It is a goal I have been working towards now for years. Apparently they sell cbd eddibles at the smoke shop in town? Is it not a WONDERFUL thing when you can get over the counter meds? I suppose the dispensary is OTC THC, but I found it pretty neat that CBD was avalible through non licensed entities... now my dreams would come true if those CBD eddible were also for sale in the health foods stores and in pharmacies. A man can dream.....

Anyways I may have to reverse the eat THC smoke CBD but regardless I am committed to the cause for my sake as well as my loved ones.

Dabber...... :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Fertilizer, I'll be doing another thread on pain and the ECS and how that keys into this epidemic. Would you be willing to preview it to see if there's anything you'd want to add? It's not going to be ready for a week or so, possibly longer. This one and the one on surgery were the priority.
Absolutely! I'll PM you about it...

my depression is very hard to control . how does one know is there anyway to detect if your cannabis as been tampered with sue.

my depression is very hard to control . how does one know is there anyway to detect if your cannabis as been tampered with sue.

Tampered with in what way Joe? PM me.

Tampered with in what way Joe? PM me.
sorry sue, with any way we can identify if our cannabis is affected with traces of opioids. I ask of curiosity so i can if there is a way not consume cannabis that has been LACED with anything. i think it is a great thread by the way lots of powerful info in your opening argument:goodjob:

sorry sue, with any way we can identify if our cannabis is affected with traces of opioids. I ask of curiosity so i can if there is a way not consume cannabis that has been LACED with anything. i think it is a great thread by the way lots of powerful info in your opening argument:goodjob:

When you use cannabis you didn't grow yourself, or got from a trusted friend, you're working on faith that the universe has your back Joe. Since you get to choose what you'll believe, I'd decide to believe I was safe.

Are you smoking sativas or indicas Joe? Are you taking your cannabis in any method other than smoking or vaping?

hey sue thanks for the quick reply.

yes I consume my cannabis in bho shatter form currenlty as well as vape and bong method usually trying to get off the bongs. i actually prefer shatter now a days i find it targets my pain better. okay sorry just thought id ask here. sorry to consume your evening .:thanks:

King joe......even oxy has a price. ,,,it’s about 1-2 $ per milligram. 10 mg 15 bucks for a one time bogus posining..not likely. King fisher it’s poison if tainted, it won’t be opioids ... that’s a whole other ‘delivery’ sytem’

Dabber.......

Choose life...

:popcorn:
Printing out as a reference....
Pls continue.

SUMMARY

*The initial goal is to decrease the frequency and dose of opioids, with an eye to quitting opioids altogether.

* Work closely with your doctor that prescribes the opioids.

* You may need to get a separate doctor for your cannabis regimen.

* Gradual tapering off of the opioids can spare you the withdrawal symptoms and cravings that usually come with discontinuing opioids.

* You want to reduce the risk of accidental overdose if restarting opioids after they've been stopped.

A personal note :love:

Pulling this information together was an emotionally grueling project for me. I have such a strong connection to this community and I know many are struggling with opioid dependance, an unexpected hangover of injury made worse by the medication meant to give relief.

We now know that cannabis is as effective as opioids, with small exception, and without any of the dangerous side effects that come hand-in-hand with opioid use. With the knowledge we're getting now we have a gateway drug out of the opioid nightmare.

This is a labor of love, from me to you. Even if I never know you, this was my gift, in hopes that it will help you find your way home.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Resources from Dr. Smith:

Cannabis-MD is a collection of educational materials for medical professionals.
- The site teaches you about the plant, the ECS, how cannabis interfaces with the ECS, and classes on particular disease states and their treatment with cannabis.

"Medical Cannabis: Basic Science and Clinical Applications" by Dr. Gregory Smith. A textbook for physicans on what cannabis is and why it's an important therapeutic tool.

"CBD (Cannabidiol): What You Need To Know"

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet piece o’ writing girl....

I’m glad you write so well. I realize I never have let my raw writing out,ever. All my written work, even the published material had the benefit of technical writers. My posts are forum messes, typos,etc.

This piece will help those addicted to medical herion . It’s the first step off opioids.

Sue, there are statements that are not entirely true. Meaning you’re so nice, your writing is politically correct. If desired, ie, pc positions, I understand the need to limit a piece to a main unified idea. This pice succeeds as ‘reducing opioids using cannainoids as an aid..

However, here’s an example. ‘Paraphrased’ not an edit.. ‘opioids cause ‘’adiiction in .xx % .. of the users’’
Horse ppop/// in time .. all consumers of opioids ..or opiates.. will become addicted. Meaning if a dose is stopped you feel like shit.. meaning an hour later.. you don’t want to get ‘’high’’ you cannot breathe.. your heart wraps around one lung. You can choose one or another. Not both. ..
however, sue it’s a wave , not a level. ..it passes. I in some time frame . Or you die.
Why do people insist that some people exists, that can consume opioids//opiates and not become totally physically dependent . Withdrawal is not , delayed gratification of any kind. In fact the opioids and opiates job all humans,in some time frame of not only metabolic life, but all desires, all plans all hopes. Sue opioids are un American ! .
LIfe..liberty pursuit of happiness.. .. opioids destroy all of that,all of the time, for 200% of the people.
Why 200%?
You..100/%
1/2 steals kyour left over shit , 1/2 the time statiscally speaking.=50%
All the people around you not being poisoned. = 50 %.
Sue maybe you can address this part?
Sue,similarly...100 % of the males , in some time frame will lose the ability to’crack A nut’’’.
Consider the imagery,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, motivation to quit. Fast. Faster.

Sue, the doctor writes, ‘’’ the medical acommunity created the opioid epidemic vis a vis prescription practices...this...they must act responsibly and fix it

..hmm ..

The doctors were money greedy pawns that functioned under The auspices of Purdue pharma , big pharma then jumped right in folks, trading money for the lives of Americans.. really humans world wide. . Doctors are merely humans. Yes they know Latin names ..of everything..ok fine..they don’t know;
Erhics
Control,theory
Physics
Actual chemistry..
Science. Not,statiscally maturbarion science. There is a difference.

Currently, most doctors see a patient for a millisecond, bill, las you,to a pa, they write some form,of poison and you return.

Currently, ‘docotrs’’ /clinics/ hospitals/ the fda/ nih. Suggest you wean 10% , off your current opiate, switched to suboxone , and send your money to,them till you die on the new poison.......

So...sue going forward let’s limit the blame on doctors for causing anything. Let’s also,limit there ‘necessity in. Healing theyself. Doctors have shown they are superfluous. Cannabis helps a whole heck,of a lot in reducing opioid use.
No one abuses them. The opiates come with instructions..it’s not some 1/3 or 30 perecent somehow fuck up eating little pills in brown plastic bottles....

Sue .address what best.. I just am tired of misinformation.nite..xoxo

Marc.... :hug::hug::hug:

I'm glad you found the thread. You did it the hard way, and I'm hoping we can spare others your frustrations. :hug:

The more I study the more disconcerted I become. When Dale's doctor gave him his first prescription he warned us of the addictive power of the opioids, but only in a cursory way. What I understand now......

I refuse to believe that every doctor writing those prescriptions wasn't alerted from the very beginning that their patients were suffering. And yet the practice continues today.

Today.

At this moment in time I can't think of any reason to let any of them off the hook, the way our Legislative "leadership" has chosen to do.

Well, I don't have much use for righteous indignation as a personal expression. I love this community, and I know there are many who can benefit from information like this. My way of making it right instead of being angry. I don't like the way angry feels.

This thread.... it feels like part of the solution.

Dale took those pills for a month, and by then he was feeling more pain and ended up in hospital with severe constipation. As a dialysis patient there are few things worse than a blocked gut. The second prescription I traded for cannabis, and every month's supply after that.

He got two weeks of good pain management every month until the cannabis ran out. He always told me that it was worth living with the pain for those remaining two weeks because he knew he'd have the cannabis again at the beginning of the month.

It was worth it to him not to live with constipation and increased pain perception. What were they thinking?

hey sue thanks for the quick reply.

yes I consume my cannabis in bho shatter form currenlty as well as vape and bong method usually trying to get off the bongs. i actually prefer shatter now a days i find it targets my pain better. okay sorry just thought id ask here. sorry to consume your evening .:thanks:

No need to apologize Joe. Lol! I asked about the sativa or indica because the terpenes usually associated with sativas, like pinene, are those usually recommended for depression. If you deal with depression and consume mostly indica chemovars (I tried guys, and had to backspace and write "chemovar" lol!)

Let me try again. Lol! The indicas can intensify depression, so I'm hoping you're not using indicas as your base meds.

No need to apologize Joe. Lol! I asked about the sativa or indica because the terpenes usually associated with sativas, like pinene, are those usually recommended for depression. If you deal with depression and consume mostly indica chemovars (I tried guys, and had to backspace and write "chemovar" lol!)

Let me try again. Lol! The indicas can intensify depression, so I'm hoping you're not using indicas as your base meds.
I am so maybe I Need to find a good heavy stavia then any recommendations looking for quality and preferably female but will try photos regulars sorry male or female

I think I need to find a good ratio like 60/40 60 being the sativa side ? I do u dersyand how the indicas and sativa medical aides work

but ill take as much info in as I can and will highly consider your recommdations for my next winter run, here on the mag /journal first dwc attempt

I am so maybe I Need to find a good heavy stavia then any recommendations looking for quality and preferably female but will try photos regulars sorry male or female

I think I need to find a good ratio like 60/40 60 being the sativa side ? I do u dersyand how the indicas and sativa medical aides work

but ill take as much info in as I can and will highly consider your recommdations for my next winter run, here on the mag /journal first dwc attempt

I think for night meds the indicas are probably fine, with caution. If you make the switch feel for how it's hitting you, in particular, how you feel when you wake up when using indicas for sleep.

I'd be looking for something higher than 60% sativa, if it were me, for daytime meds. I'm really fond of my Carnival, by Ministry of Cannabis. It offers a clear, uplifted euphoria that doesn't have a crash at the end. It's high in limonene, a desirable terpene for focused thought and creativity. It's over 80% sativa. :battingeyelashes:

I'd be looking for limonene and pinene for day meds and myrcene, linalool, and b-caryophyllene for the night meds. The purples are a good way to go. They tend to have more b-caryophyllene than other chemovars.

I'm off to bed Joe. I'll catch up tomorrow. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom