Opioid Tapering With Cannabis: A Regimen

@noobgrow1, I wouldn’t hesitate to use the oil without lab testing to verify cannabinoid counts. At this time testing is a frustration. Give it another year or so and that’ll begin to change.

Phytocannabinoids interface with the body’s healing system. Sure, it’s helpful to fine-tune the regimen with knowledge of the components, but quite frankly that’s not gonna make as much difference in the treatment plan as it may appear.

A cannabis therapy is pretty straightforward, regardless of the disease state you’re treating. This isn’t like pharma meds and we really don’t need to run ourselves ragged trying to make it act like one.

My personal opinion, mind you, and a nonconventional one, to say the least.

Awwe Sue you are bursting my OCD bubble! JK - I don't think I cannot obsess about sampling a known CBD higher plant to keep it going w/o the headache of paying these prices for seeds. I mean more than $10 plus shipping & stealth charges to boot? Sorry end rant...

Seeds are the lessor of costs I suppose, but it really is pricey for me at least. I can already see wanting to keep my own seed bank when I hit ringer strains. I will analyze strain by effect vs review or breeder numbers
Ok I've grown both the CBD strains from the King. (Not a sponsor anymore) One should be marked cbdream and the other cbdt. The dream is a indica leaning 1-1 at 6% both cbd & thc and the cbdt is their Dutch treat that is a sativa leaning 2-1 cbd @ 8% & thc @ 4%
My daughter Lopin loves the dream in the evenings. Just mellows out her stress and pain. The Dutch treat she likes to take as an oil about 2-3 times a day and starts when she first wakes up. Now with some of her pain she does have an assortment of high thc stains that she'll smoke or vape as needed throughout the day and evening. She does say that at times the sativa Dutch treat will make her jittery and she'll just quit for a day or 2 and be good. Both are easy growers.

Thanks, which ever I ended up with indeed they are easy & hardy. There is no reading the marker on the package anymore. The White Widow is seemingly more sensitive to heat. Experiencing taco leaves on one of them. Strange that the taco'd ones are under my first LED which is I think 3 or 5 watt diodes. My other lights are just Chinese COB's and do not seem to cause the heat or light stress. They also have no reflectors or optics.

It's been a lot to get used to & I can't wait until harvest. I really am interested in what benefits I can get from my choices of seeds. I forget why I did WW but since I have been trying to troubleshoot I read more about the strain seems to be around a while & suggested for many medical needs.

Sorry if mentioning seedbanks used is a problem. I am not here to spam & only read the guidelines after my post last night.

Derby If I may ask what does your daughter suffer with? I assume pain but I don't recall if you said what the cause is.

Awwe Sue you are bursting my OCD bubble! JK - I don't think I cannot obsess about sampling a known CBD higher plant to keep it going w/o the headache of paying these prices for seeds. I mean more than $10 plus shipping & stealth charges to boot? Sorry end rant...

Seeds are the lessor of costs I suppose, but it really is pricey for me at least. I can already see wanting to keep my own seed bank when I hit ringer strains. I will analyze strain by effect vs review or breeder numbers

Thanks, which ever I ended up with indeed they are easy & hardy. There is no reading the marker on the package anymore. The White Widow is seemingly more sensitive to heat. Experiencing taco leaves on one of them. Strange that the taco'd ones are under my first LED which is I think 3 or 5 watt diodes. My other lights are just Chinese COB's and do not seem to cause the heat or light stress. They also have no reflectors or optics.

It's been a lot to get used to & I can't wait until harvest. I really am interested in what benefits I can get from my choices of seeds. I forget why I did WW but since I have been trying to troubleshoot I read more about the strain seems to be around a while & suggested for many medical needs.

Sorry if mentioning seedbanks used is a problem. I am not here to spam & only read the guidelines after my post last night.

Derby If I may ask what does your daughter suffer with? I assume pain but I don't recall if you said what the cause is.
Causes are RA, Fibromyalgia, and kidney stones. WW is her go to at night when she is in a big flair up. Can't keep enough of that around.

Causes are RA, Fibromyalgia, and kidney stones. WW is her go to at night when she is in a big flair up. Can't keep enough of that around.

Wow aside from the RA my partner has experienced similar kidney stones & Fibro however she was diagnosed long ago now had a surgery that fixed many issues thank the stars!

RA is my worst nightmare, I have no idea how one lives with it. I have OA possible RA but the poisons they gave me would blow a whole day weekly. Since there was no pain relief I couldn't keep on they after 6 mos or so. Forgot the med but it is a chemo based drug.

WW was a strain I selected after obsessively researching for the most medical punch easy grow first timer etc. Just checked my plants & cannot believe the unknown strain really beginning to see buds kickin' ! so exciting! Can't wait to try the higher CBD strains.

My biggest fan thus far is my dog he loves the fan leaves! Almost as much as oat grass but not quite.

Wow aside from the RA my partner has experienced similar kidney stones & Fibro however she was diagnosed long ago now had a surgery that fixed many issues thank the stars!

RA is my worst nightmare, I have no idea how one lives with it. I have OA possible RA but the poisons they gave me would blow a whole day weekly. Since there was no pain relief I couldn't keep on they after 6 mos or so. Forgot the med but it is a chemo based drug.

WW was a strain I selected after obsessively researching for the most medical punch easy grow first timer etc. Just checked my plants & cannot believe the unknown strain really beginning to see buds kickin' ! so exciting! Can't wait to try the higher CBD strains.

My biggest fan thus far is my dog he loves the fan leaves! Almost as much as oat grass but not quite.

Are you using a topical noobgrow1? My base oil recipe is 1 gram of bud to 1 oz of grape seed oil. That make a potent addition to the personal regimen.

The mere act of rubbing a topical into the skin is enough to begin the healing process, even without cannabis in it. The skin responds favorably to the action of application. Add cannabinoids and terpenes like b-caryophyllene or linalool to help transport the cannabinoids more efficiently through the dermal layers and you have powerful medicine.

Use it every time something goes ouch. Anything that goes “Ouch!” Use it liberally. Make lots and give some away. :battingeyelashes:

We have members who’ve found significant relief from RA using the biobomb formulations with anal administration. It bypasses euphoria when applied properly and begins a systemic healing you won’t find any other way.

Suppository administration is my hardest sell, and yet it’s one of the best methods to get cannabinoids into the immune system without walking around so stoned you can’t function. Well worth looking over with an open mind.

The pharma drugs prescribed for RA are, IMO, more trouble in the end than any relief they offer. They come with intolerable side effects. You don’t get those side effects from a cannabis therapy. You get healing and relief. It just takes longer to get cells to heal instead of simply “shut up!”

I’m more a fan of healing that improves your quality of life and less a fan of covering symptoms so you’ll stop complaining.

Are you using a topical noobgrow1? My base oil recipe is 1 gram of bud to 1 oz of grape seed oil. That make a potent addition to the personal regimen.

The mere act of rubbing a topical into the skin is enough to begin the healing process, even without cannabis in it. The skin responds favorably to the action of application. Add cannabinoids and terpenes like b-caryophyllene or linalool to help transport the cannabinoids more efficiently through the dermal layers and you have powerful medicine.

Use it every time something goes ouch. Anything that goes “Ouch!” Use it liberally. Make lots and give some away. :battingeyelashes:

We have members who’ve found significant relief from RA using the biobomb formulations with anal administration. It bypasses euphoria when applied properly and begins a systemic healing you won’t find any other way.

Suppository administration is my hardest sell, and yet it’s one of the best methods to get cannabinoids into the immune system without walking around so stoned you can’t function. Well worth looking over with an open mind.

The pharma drugs prescribed for RA are, IMO, more trouble in the end than any relief they offer. They come with intolerable side effects. You don’t get those side effects from a cannabis therapy. You get healing and relief. It just takes longer to get cells to heal instead of simply “shut up!”

I’m more a fan of healing that improves your quality of life and less a fan of covering symptoms so you’ll stop complaining.
I really need to pick your brain about this @SweetSue ... Topicals are wayyyyy outside the realm of anything I've made in the past.
I've been struggling a bit with arthritis in my hands since I started working again. I want to give it a shot!
#tutorialtime!
I should have a considerable amount of trim in about 4 weeks... I guess, my first question would be; should I fresh freeze that trim or let it dry? And... can you think of any odd ingredients that I will need that might be hard to find? Something I should be hunting down in advance of making a batch?
Thanks in advance... I'm certain you will point me in the right direction!:high-five:

Hey y’all , hope everyone is well. I have to admit I miss hanging out for hours with y’all. My biggest fear came true last night. I’m at paper mill waiting to unload. Joe blow come up to my truck with the usual idol chit chat. Then it happened he pulled out some perks. Despite being in agony because of a broken seat in the truck I said “ no thanks I’m clean” the shocked look on his face was worth the cost of admission lol. In conclusion my fear was waste of worrying. Saying yes never even crossed my mind. I got this beat I feel like a human being again not like a waste of air. Thanks y’all for the help and support
:passitleft::ganjamon:

Hey y’all , hope everyone is well. I have to admit I miss hanging out for hours with y’all. My biggest fear came true last night. I’m at paper mill waiting to unload. Joe blow come up to my truck with the usual idol chit chat. Then it happened he pulled out some perks. Despite being in agony because of a broken seat in the truck I said “ no thanks I’m clean” the shocked look on his face was worth the cost of admission lol. In conclusion my fear was waste of worrying. Saying yes never even crossed my mind. I got this beat I feel like a human being again not like a waste of air. Thanks y’all for the help and support
:high-five:

And there's the moment you were waiting for. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

You got this. :high-five:

I really need to pick your brain about this @SweetSue ... Topicals are wayyyyy outside the realm of anything I've made in the past.
I've been struggling a bit with arthritis in my hands since I started working again. I want to give it a shot!
#tutorialtime!
I should have a considerable amount of trim in about 4 weeks... I guess, my first question would be; should I fresh freeze that trim or let it dry? And... can you think of any odd ingredients that I will need that might be hard to find? Something I should be hunting down in advance of making a batch?
Thanks in advance... I'm certain you will point me in the right direction!:high-five:

Preston, for you I'll put together a picture tutorial akin to the one I did for cloning. I'll let you know when it goes up.

I'd let the trim dry. You'll need to decarb for the infusion, and freezing makes that really messy to work with. Curing may or may not be worth waiting for, but I know from experience that it'll be effective as pain relief as soon a small to dry.

Basic ingredients are grape seed oil, soy wax flakes, essential oils for scent and additional medicinal value, and cannabis.

Preston, for you I'll put together a picture tutorial akin to the one I did for cloning. I'll let you know when it goes up.

I'd let the trim dry. You'll need to decarb for the infusion, and freezing makes that really messy to work with. Curing may or may not be worth waiting for, but I know from experience that it'll be effective as pain relief as soon a small to dry.

Basic ingredients are grape seed oil, soy wax flakes, essential oils for scent and additional medicinal value, and cannabis.
You're amazing Sue! I can't wait...
:thanks:

-P:ganjamon:

Awww... guys.... :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

The opioid failure

The link is to an article at Vox on alternatives to the current drug addiction programs, many used by the rest of the world. Not a mention - a single mention that I saw scanning the article - about the use of cannabis as an exit drug for opioid tapering.

You know...... we're just gonna have to let people know there's a better option. It's not like the data is hidden. Almost daily there's another story covering the social changes that occur in states that legalize cannabis. Right at the top of the list you'll find that opioid prescription use and opioid deaths drop significantly. A huge percentage of people who use cannabis as a healing drug do so to get away from prescription medications and their nasty side effects. Show me one with a worse history than opioids. :straightface:

In PA they just added opioid tapering as a qualifying condition for their cannabis program, and they're kicking around the idea of recreational. It almost laughable how freaked out politicians get when you suggest that anyone could freely partake of cannabis sativa in its many wonderful and delicious forms - just because it feels good. Go figure.

We'll keep making this tapering with cannabis regimen work, one member at a time, and as we go along we'll get more and more comfortable with circling the wagons. Taking note of what's working, the methods and lessons we learn get easier to explain, and we can share that information over and over again.

Give away a lot of pain creams and little roller bottles of pain oil. That stuff'll change the world, I'm sure of it. :battingeyelashes::green_heart:

The opioid failure

The link is to an article at Vox on alternatives to the current drug addiction programs, many used by the rest of the world. Not a mention - a single mention that I saw scanning the article - about the use of cannabis as an exit drug for opioid tapering.

You know...... we're just gonna have to let people know there's a better option. It's not like the data is hidden. Almost daily there's another story covering the social changes that occur in states that legalize cannabis. Right at the top of the list you'll find that opioid prescription use and opioid deaths drop significantly. A huge percentage of people who use cannabis as a healing drug do so to get away from prescription medications and their nasty side effects. Show me one with a worse history than opioids. :straightface:

In PA they just added opioid tapering as a qualifying condition for their cannabis program, and they're kicking around the idea of recreational. It almost laughable how freaked out politicians get when you suggest that anyone could freely partake of cannabis sativa in its many wonderful and delicious forms - just because it feels good. Go figure.

We'll keep making this tapering with cannabis regimen work, one member at a time, and as we go along we'll get more and more comfortable with circling the wagons. Taking note of what's working, the methods and lessons we learn get easier to explain, and we can share that information over and over again.

Give away a lot of pain creams and little roller bottles of pain oil. That stuff'll change the world, I'm sure of it. :battingeyelashes::green_heart:
People will look back at threads like this in 20 years and be like: "holy cow! All those crazy hippies were right"

One of the main reasons I journal everything canna. Can't have progress without a solid reference. In this instance, all of successes & missteps we have encountered.

Progress is inevitable, I just hope our efforts speed the process up!

Stay medicated y'all
-P:ganjamon:

If there's anyone out there reading this and trying to taper on your own

Stop that please. :love: Some things in life require a team.

We've had a few successes, and it occurs to me that someone trying on their own and struggling might be reluctant to step forward, for fear of being judged.

Well....first off, we don't judge here. :circle-of-love: That's one of the wonderful benefits of this :420: community. More importantly, don't let that fear keep you from taking the risk. We can't say for certain this will work for everyone. We can say we'll do whatever we can to help you succeed, regardless of the method you choose.

The goal is to be free of opioids. We believe cannabis can help, but I think I speak for everyone here when I say it doesn't much matter how you get free. We care enough to be here to help. If you haven't picked up the love that fills this room go back and read from the beginning. You surely won't miss it the second time through.

The goal is you free. :love:

If there's anyone out there reading this and trying to taper on your own

Stop that please. :love: Some things in life require a team.

We've had a few successes, and it occurs to me that someone trying on their own and struggling might be reluctant to step forward, for fear of being judged.

Well....first off, we don't judge here. :circle-of-love: That's one of the wonderful benefits of this :420: community. More importantly, don't let that fear keep you from taking the risk. We can't say for certain this will work for everyone. We can say we'll do whatever we can to help you succeed, regardless of the method you choose.

The goal is to be free of opioids. We believe cannabis can help, but I think I speak for everyone here when I say it doesn't much matter how you get free. We care enough to be here to help. If you haven't picked up the love that fills this room go back and read from the beginning. You surely won't miss it the second time through.

The goal is you free. :love:
:circle-of-love::circle-of-love::circle-of-love:
:hug::hug::hug:

Nothing but love here! I just wish I had found y'all sooner. I'm always down to share my story. Hopefully it will help someone...someday. For now.... I'll just ramble on, trying to help where I can.

Back
Top Bottom