Opioid Tapering With Cannabis: A Regimen

Read this today and was a little disappointed. Figured I would share.
Opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, and most stink!
IMHO
:rofl:

I find a surprising number of cannabis advocates cautious about concentrates. Given what we know from the research data it’s a sucker punch for the ECS.

I’m not sure the system is designed to handle that large a dose on a regular basis, but then I also have much respect for the adaptability of a healthy ECS.

I can’t believe anyone who knows cannabis as a medicine would suggest the possibility of addiction. I’m sure, because I’ve witnessed it, that you come to quickly depend on dabs, but if it’s not interfering with your social obligations and the pursuit of your dreams why are we even concerned?

Dabs deliver a larger dose of cannabinoids than most endocannabinoid systems are equipped to deal with repeatedly. That’s why dabbers have the physical reactions they do.

A system that apparently responds best to a feather touch......maybe it’s worth asking why you’re choosing such a heavy hammer? All things in moderation usually turns out to be good advice.....says the old woman reaching for another delicious bong hit of Carnival. Lol!

I see no reason to suggest any controls on cannabis other than standard safety regulations for products you intend for marketing. Cannabis is as dangerous - in any form - as garlic.

I find a surprising number of cannabis advocates cautious about concentrates. Given what we know from the research data it’s a sucker punch for the ECS.

I’m not sure the system is designed to handle that large a dose on a regular basis, but then I also have much respect for the adaptability of a healthy ECS.

I can’t believe anyone who knows cannabis as a medicine would suggest the possibility of addiction. I’m sure, because I’ve witnessed it, that you come to quickly depend on dabs, but if it’s not interfering with your social obligations and the pursuit of your dreams why are we even concerned?

Dabs deliver a larger dose of cannabinoids than most endocannabinoid systems are equipped to deal with repeatedly. That’s why dabbers have the physical reactions they do.

A system that apparently responds best to a feather touch......maybe it’s worth asking why you’re choosing such a heavy hammer? All things in moderation usually turns out to be good advice.....says the old woman reaching for another delicious bong hit of Carnival. Lol!

I see no reason to suggest any controls on cannabis other than standard safety regulations for products you intend for marketing. Cannabis is as dangerous - in any form - as garlic.
Definitely not a regular dabber. LoL, but there are times where it is totally beneficial. I just hate seeing people who are successfully progressing cannabis reform, take a huge leap backwards with half-cocked ststements.

Definitely not a regular dabber. LoL, but there are times where it is totally beneficial. I just hate seeing people who are successfully progressing cannabis reform, take a huge leap backwards with half-cocked ststements.

I keep a deliberate check on any inclination to believe I’m in any way expert enough to tell someone else what they should do.

I can share what works for me and what I’ve seen work for others. Cannabis expresses so individually that generalizations simply can’t be made in any aspect of the treatment. We have patterns that may emerge, but there’s no rhyme nor reason as to why it works for me but not for you and vice versa.

I think it’s Mother Nature’s way of keeping us in play mode. People in the field who’re intent on building a brand or a reputation begin to believe they know so much more than everyone else.

A slippery slope that doesn’t often end up without bumps. I’d rather play. We seem to find a lot of answers around here when we play. It seems to be working. :slide:

I use dabs every now and then n man do they kick right in lol i can see how some would say its to much if i take a dab after a break from smoking i end up passing right out hahaha

And see....it was fun, wasn’t it? No one was harmed in the enjoyment of that dab.

Not a practice I’d recommend with great regularity, but not one I’m willing to stand up and deprive someone else of.

No one has died from consuming cannabis. Ever. I think we’re safe.

Of course no one had access to dabs. Lol!

Hey y’all, 1 am and I can’t sleep. I ate 1/2 the amount of cookies today then I normally do, I thought I could cut back a bit because things are going so well. I guess I was wrong I need those delicious little morsels. I won’t try that again for a week maybe idk. I’m going to be honest bums me out. One step at a time.
So restless I ate a 100mg capsule from neighbor he traded me cookies for 3 of them. Idk how much of a dose that is but I hope it’s enough to sleep.

Did you get sleep? :hug::hug::hug:

There will be a certain ebb and flow to the process. Patience and expectation are your new watchwords. You’re resetting that reward button in your brain to ignore the call for more opioids as you coax the opioid receptors back into proper tone.

You know the feeling you’re waiting for and you’re catching strong vibrations of it now, I read that in your words. Stay the course and don’t be afraid to use cannabis to excess here.

This is not trading one drug for another. This is you using cannabis to rewire the connections in your brain so your body can control pain more efficiently.

As soon as you took that first opioid all those moons ago you perverted the body’s natural pain modulating system. It can’t be reset overnight, but it can be reset. You’re close enough to the end of this addiction tunnel that you can smell the fresh air.

Remember back at the beginning when I said the clinical data suggests everyone may not be able to get completely off? It’s always a possibility. I think it’s way too early to make that determination. Find a comfort zone and keep yourself there.

Will you be needing more pain cream or can you make some of your own?

Did you get sleep? :hug::hug::hug:

There will be a certain ebb and flow to the process. Patience and expectation are your new watchwords. You’re resetting that reward button in your brain to ignore the call for more opioids as you coax the opioid receptors back into proper tone.

You know the feeling you’re waiting for and you’re catching strong vibrations of it now, I read that in your words. Stay the course and don’t be afraid to use cannabis to excess here.

This is not trading one drug for another. This is you using cannabis to rewire the connections in your brain so your body can control pain more efficiently.

As soon as you took that first opioid all those moons ago you perverted the body’s natural pain modulating system. It can’t be reset overnight, but it can be reset. You’re close enough to the end of this addiction tunnel that you can smell the fresh air.

Remember back at the beginning when I said the clinical data suggests everyone may not be able to get completely off? It’s always a possibility. I think it’s way too early to make that determination. Find a comfort zone and keep yourself there.

Will you be needing more pain cream or can you make some of your own?
Good morning SweetSue, how are you? I did fall asleep after 2:30 sometime. I got up at 6 got Mandi off to work and went to the gym I did 15 min of slow but steady exercises. Last thing I did was heavy bag, you remember the old bugs and tweety show and the boxer and I think daffy punches and his arm just drups. That’s how I felt. I couldn’t breathe felt like a anvil on my chest. Two parts to this at first I felt disappointment that I couldn’t go at 40% effort for 30 minutes. As I lay there on the bench trying to muster up enough energy to untie these god offel xfit training shoes that cost more than my first car. I realized how good it felt to have pushed my self absolutely as far as I could go. Then I felt pride. Your teachings are working I found the positive, thank you.
I am great on the cream, the beautiful Mandi has made some, she is experimenting with it a little. She mixed some kinda reguvenating cream with it. But it’s still in experimental stage but it does feel really nice but it’s not as potent of a pain reliever, she forgot to factor in more bud for the extra volume of cream. The stuff that she followed the recipe for works just as well as yours. I will keep you posted if the Mandi version ends up being a good idea.

I found a tai chi gym there is only one here, it seems to be all for 55plus from the descriptions. I am going to call them when they open. I feel like I’ve been rambling. I feel really good considering everything I feel like a brand new man. A few more hurtles to go, my next goal is to make the 30min training within 3 weeks (if anyone exercises am I being realistic?) I would also like to stop smoking but I am not ready to go through that yet.
:hug::hug::hug::hug::high-five:

Good morning SweetSue, how are you? I did fall asleep after 2:30 sometime. I got up at 6 got Mandi off to work and went to the gym I did 15 min of slow but steady exercises. Last thing I did was heavy bag, you remember the old bugs and tweety show and the boxer and I think daffy punches and his arm just drups. That’s how I felt. I couldn’t breathe felt like a anvil on my chest. Two parts to this at first I felt disappointment that I couldn’t go at 40% effort for 30 minutes. As I lay there on the bench trying to muster up enough energy to untie these god offel xfit training shoes that cost more than my first car. I realized how good it felt to have pushed my self absolutely as far as I could go. Then I felt pride. Your teachings are working I found the positive, thank you.
I am great on the cream, the beautiful Mandi has made some, she is experimenting with it a little. She mixed some kinda reguvenating cream with it. But it’s still in experimental stage but it does feel really nice but it’s not as potent of a pain reliever, she forgot to factor in more bud for the extra volume of cream. The stuff that she followed the recipe for works just as well as yours. I will keep you posted if the Mandi version ends up being a good idea.

I found a tai chi gym there is only one here, it seems to be all for 55plus from the descriptions. I am going to call them when they open. I feel like I’ve been rambling. I feel really good considering everything I feel like a brand new man. A few more hurtles to go, my next goal is to make the 30min training within 3 weeks (if anyone exercises am I being realistic?) I would also like to stop smoking but I am not ready to go through that yet.
:hug::hug::hug::hug::high-five:

One major addiction at a time buckaroo! Lol!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: And a few for the lovely Mandi. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: We’d all be interested in her pain.... excuse me....rejuvenating cream. :battingeyelashes: It touches my heart to hear she’s hard at play being creative.

And you..... how impressed am I? Geez.....this is a little monumental, overcoming the nasty voice that ruled for so long.

You sir, made the transition from reactive living to one filled with deliberation. Greet each day like the treasured gift you know it is and keep laughing. The universe’ll inspire and guide you. Your job is simply to choose better-feeling thoughts and follow the inspiration.

You set the goals that feel right to you. Your body will tell you if you overreached and then you can laugh at your impatience and stay the course.

You’re the only one that knows your desire well enough to feel it. Trust your instincts. You’re doing well. :battingeyelashes:

Look in the mirror. There you are. :love:

You came too close to believing you’d never see that image again. It was a mere hiccup in the beautiful life you were meant to live. Ancient history.

An important lesson in living joyfully is that the greater part of you never looks back and only sees good ahead.

One major addiction at a time buckaroo! Lol!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: And a few for the lovely Mandi. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: We’d all be interested in her pain.... excuse me....rejuvenating cream. :battingeyelashes: It touches my heart to hear she’s hard at play being creative.

And you..... how impressed am I? Geez.....this is a little monumental, overcoming the nasty voice that ruled for so long.

You sir, made the transition from reactive living to one filled with deliberation. Greet each day like the treasured gift you know it is and keep laughing. The universe’ll inspire and guide you. Your job is simply to choose better-feeling thoughts and follow the inspiration.

You set the goals that feel right to you. Your body will tell you if you overreached and then you can laugh at your impatience and stay the course.

You’re the only one that knows your desire well enough to feel it. Trust your instincts. You’re doing well. :battingeyelashes:
Mandi sends :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:!
Omg wow, so stiff this morning SS pain cream to the rescue. My drug dealer texted me during the night, I responded with I’m clean and blocked his #. Then thought about pills for a bit, but about how much better I feel now compared to then. Life is good! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: Thank you! I need to start applying your cream lol I have lots area to cover lol.

Mandi sends :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:!
Omg wow, so stiff this morning SS pain cream to the rescue. My drug dealer texted me during the night, I responded with I’m clean and blocked his #. Then thought about pills for a bit, but about how much better I feel now compared to then. Life is good! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: Thank you! I need to start applying your cream lol I have lots area to cover lol.
That takes some strength man... Putting the dopeman on block is necessary. Shit, I literally changed phone numbers and delete a ton of contacts so I could eliminate that temptation. It just seemed like everyone I know had some type of connection for pills.
I felt terrible about cutting so many people out of my life but I had zero self control. It was a necessary step for me.

You're doing great! Stay strong.

-P
:passitleft:

That takes some strength man... Putting the dopeman on block is necessary. Shit, I literally changed phone numbers and delete a ton of contacts so I could eliminate that temptation. It just seemed like everyone I know had some type of connection for pills.
I felt terrible about cutting so many people out of my life but I had zero self control. It was a necessary step for me.

-P
I too feel bad some people I considered friends. I can’t risk it way to important to stay clean. I would end up relapsing I know it.

:high-five::passitleft:

-P

Yea i had to do the same thing when i first got clean to get off of herion but then i got my back all messed up from a car accident n jus having a bad back like scoliosis n shit but after the accident i got put on opiates n now im working on getting off those but these r almost harder it seems imo but still not giving up lol

I too feel bad some people I considered friends. I can’t risk it way to important to stay clean. I would end up relapsing I know it.

:high-five::passitleft:

Yea bro great job i had 2 do the same thing i wasnt able 2 keep half the soo called friends i had cause i new the same thing i wud relapse also. But yea man great job for blocking that number stick to ur guns an u got this bro good luck.

Sweet Sue, I'm a little late to the party but I just wanted to say thank you.
I'm going to share this with a few friends.
Thank you for taking the time and go way out of your way to help us all.
God Bless,

John

Sweet Sue, I'm a little late to the party but I just wanted to say thank you.
I'm going to share this with a few friends.
Thank you for taking the time and go way out of your way to help us all.
God Bless,

John

My pleasure John. :hug: I'm thankful the thread is of value to you. The team that keeps an eye open over here is some of our finest, IMO, and your friends can expect to find the same loving compassion should they stop. :battingeyelashes:

@Blazinjones, can you acquire some CBD isolate? It may be a great help in the tapering process. Something we don't yet understand is going on when high CBD is used, at the 1:5 to :10 THC:CBD from the looks of it so far.

I suspect it's helping the brain get past the thought pattern that tells you you'll fail again. This is pure conjecture on my part, but I see a pattern evolving. Couple higher ratios of CBD to a supportive group to talk you through the rough patches and your chances of success increase.

Anyone else see this as a plausible explaination for at least part of what we're seeing?

@Blazinjones, can you acquire some CBD isolate? It may be a great help in the tapering process. Something we don't yet understand is going on when high CBD is used, at the 1:5 to :10 THC:CBD from the looks of it so far.

I suspect it's helping the brain get past the thought pattern that tells you you'll fail again. This is pure conjecture on my part, but I see a pattern evolving. Couple higher ratios of CBD to a supportive group to talk you through the rough patches and your chances of success increase.

Anyone else see this as a plausible explaination for at least part of what we're seeing?
:hug::hug::hug: Hi SS, I have put some considerable thought into why I think the support and cbd helped. I can attest that support is very very important I lost track of how many times I tried to get clean by myself. I talked to the Angel SweetSue and that was the beginning of learning how to be clean. That was the most important step for me.
As for the high cbd,when I smoked a high dose of cbd I would have a warm calming sensation come over my body and mind. That sensation really helped with all of the symptoms. That’s why I think it helped me.
God bless you

Back
Top Bottom