Opioid Tapering With Cannabis: A Regimen

So i finally found a doc willing to write my meds and work with me to slowly lower me off of the fentanyl patches n the oxycodone. This saturday ill be starting the 87mcg patches versus the 100mcg im on currently. And ive been wanting to start tryn my hand at the topicals and different oils to help with pain so was wondering if u dnt mind me askn what was ur recipe for the topical? Also if i accidently let my bud sit out n forgot to cure it n its all dry crispy now wud tht still be gud for an oil run or sumthn or wud it have all degraded into cbd?
dang it! jonesey! i left u a love sonnet, at the end of the thread. i meant to attach it to u. i lost it and u. if u find it... i hope it brings u comfort n allays any fears.

suggestions on usin less? she's ok, now, but freaked out on THIS much. maybe 2-2.5 mg, tops. cannabis oil. departing opioids.

Tell me the Gov. has nothing to do with it.... Due to changing laws my doctor took me straight off Methadone after 15 years of prescribing them. I would say that is government interference
[jabs pc with elbo & whispers, "b ready to duck"].

to add insult to injury, on this point (it's rant-thirty, in the western 7)- was it malpractice, when they took us to 1k equivalent? or is it malpractice, when ur unchanged, or exacerbated condition dictated a fraction of the previous doses, for identical, or lesser issues? sure seems like it's was black n white, then, or black n white, then. the poppy hasn't changed, in that time... which is it? can they have it, both ways? bend ur mind, around that. and what responsibility for long term testing do the cigarette companies have? now replace that, with drug pushers/companies.
did the cdc not have a responsibility, when some doc, on a Hawaiian poppy spiff, trip returns to his cdc office to contemplate his stamp of approval? or his overseers? no umbudsperson, at least (impartial referees- professional haters u want on ur side).

suggestions on usin less? she's ok, now, but freaked out on THIS much. maybe 2-2.5 mg, tops. cannabis oil. departing opioids.

going with size 1 n see how she goes. i didn't wanna have to get another hopper & i don't think these will b TOO SMALL, to just hold a few, at a time. the syringes always cool, too fast, on me... n have to return to the stainless measuring cup, on the coffee warmer, til the next few caps r open n ready, anyway. hopefully someone gleans something useful, from this. rso- 00 capsules- way too big a horse cap than is necessary. u can c i only need a fraction of its space.

going with size 1 n see how she goes. i didn't wanna have to get another hopper & i don't think these will b TOO SMALL, to just hold a few, at a time. the syringes always cool, too fast, on me... n have to return to the stainless measuring cup, on the coffee warmer, til the next few caps r open n ready, anyway. hopefully someone gleans something useful, from this. rso- 00 capsules- way too big a horse cap than is necessary. u can c i only need a fraction of its space.

Count your drops and put them on a small piece of bread.

Good work. :hug:

I walk into this room in awe of the loving energy that permeates the walls. :circle-of-love:

umm... that ummm... that was pc. couldn't tell whether it was gas, or a b.t., but he definitely permeated the room... and maybe that spot, over there, on the rug.

thank u, miss sue. it's true- sometimes the simplest solution, is the best- & the one i NEVER think of, first.

long winded anecdote: it's a Sunday! who knew? obviously the business owners, of 2 of the 4 places i needed supplies from. typical me: "SUPlies! it's Sunday! everything's closed!".

i thought better of puttin the leftovers in the mix. if it's desirable- don't need, or (currently) want it stronger. if not- don't want it n there, anyway.

she seems scared to take the third. she's still buzzin from dose 2. i forget whether this would make 25, or 27 hrs. wish it worked that well, for me.

ok so the cbd (24:1) that made me trip a lil n kept me from usin it... she took over the awesome, daytime mix and i started back on that cbd mix. IT'S NOT WORKIN, NEARLY AS WELL for the pain, as the amnesia (today's batch puts me out of the genetics).
I'm so bummed. the clinic topicals help, if u want to smell like camphor and so... man, it's a quarter of the farm and all of the clone tank. in a moment of weakness, i was ready to slash n burn.

I'm soooo bummed. I'd not scheduled for a rotation, or any arrangements.
we'll b fine, but one more strain oops of this "MAGNITUDE" and I'll b a dispensary slave, at least a season. spooky!

pc- sue- how ur days goin?

Having a rough time of it SPARECHANGE? :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Best I can do from a distance.

It’s THC that tamps down the pain, unless you’re one of the lucky ones to have it work that way with CBD.

Have you explored the wonders of turmeric and black pepper for pain relief?

Can one become a slave to a dispensary? :laughtwo:

My days flow SPARE. I do my best to deliberately fill them with bubbling joy to the point that I may be obnoxious to some neighbors. :rofl: Not that anyone’s complaining.

There’s a lotion on the market called “Two Old Goats.” Best pain relief I ever got outside of a homemade cannabis oil. It may be helpful to your cause.

I’ll leave these before I slip off to bed.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

It’s THC that tamps down the pain, unless you’re one of the lucky ones to have it work that way with CBD.

My days flow SPARE. I do my best to deliberately fill them with bubbling joy to the point that I may be obnoxious to some neighbors. :rofl: Not that anyone’s complaining.

There’s a lotion on the market called “Two Old Goats.” Best pain relief I ever got outside of a homemade cannabis oil. It may be helpful to your cause.

I'll look into it all, except the turmeric. all i can say, publicly, is that i had a bad experience, with a tumeric stank'd Notel, in a central cali town, nobody's ever heard of.

thank u for takin the time, again, miss sue.

one cbd topical did help, previously...

in the end, the mother lives. half the c1's got the ax, today. i need the space for pm pain mix...
and i found one more oz, of the cured amnesia so I'm good til next chop chop day.

i was raised "roman" so I'll feel guilt, over this, for some time.

had to b done.

SweetSue,

Thank you for all your time and efforts. Excellent posts. I will take time to study info here. Count me in for this study. I am tapering opioids, have been for years. Using cannabis for almost one year after starting very low CBD doses. Was terrified of THC at first, makes me smile to remember. Still working to find best profile, percentages,.... Preference is tinctures but not limiting methods. Encouragement felt, appreciate.
you're doin the lord's work! I'm almost 2mo off. my gal started her taper, fri. u can do it! i had zero withdrawal symptoms, thanks to rso. no other form, worked for me & I'm not goin through the rear entrance- no no newww! so our hearts n minds r with u! where r u, equivalent wise/lvl and with which opioids? good luck! i did have stomach cramps, from too much chlorophyll n my mix, but i already had tummy issues so- small price to pay. I'm down 40lbs, from the 337+, that the being horizontal for a decade, left me with (one gains half pound a wk, on their back...), in this time (since sept 1st). i can eat healthier, being able to pick up groceries, more than once a month (healthy, tends to b perishable). and skin dryness has healed, from better hygiene habits one trades in for not hurtin to do it. surprised i didn't end up a toophless, crack-o-lantern (no... no illegal substances). so i/ we so hope the best 4 u and r happy to help hold ur hand through it, should u wish it.
the opioids (600+ mg equivalent, to start. dropped from 100, from aug 15-31st) were responsible for over 50 diff (estimated) radiating issues, including the chronic headaches n chronic migraines that alone, will make one pray for a quick death. so while EVERYONE responds differently- hopefully, it will help diminish your ailments.
u wouldn't believe the stress n pressure, just sleepin beyond 2hrs, relieves.
fyi- i inadvertently started with too high a dose, but I'm also someone who could manage a blackout, in style so i just buckled in a enjoyed the ride; highest n most worthless I've ever been, for 2 days, without actually hallucinating. ever since (i was never a pot guy. i like my absinthe n beer.), i feel zero buzz. i require a fraction of recommended rso/cannabis oil and it's releasing me from the prison of a bed/room. opioids, did no such thing. i do get a buzz, on new batch day, but that's it and the analgesic effects remain.
i bought into the cbd craze. it doesn't do for me, what it does, to others, but still works, topically and the gurl cures her migraines, with one "rip"... the "amnesia" strain- gives me and the lovely G, an up/awake, clear headed vibe and takes a pain 8, to a 4. I'm still workin on a p.m. formula, but u might seek out an indica batch, for such use. mr. Simpson prefers indicas, for pain, as i understand it. that'd, likely, up the game, thc wise. my amnesia would falk under "cannabis oil". both, can b found via oral syringes.
i thought rso was an urban legend, with so much buzz about it and it's high $... but we been spendin $800 a month, on medical, over a decade so it's a blessing/savings.
again, best of luck. apologies for any redundancies- opioids... mental!

we may have struck gold. yesterday's disgusting rewash, oil- G used it on her "trigger finger" & it nearly instantly killed the pain & allowed her to give me the bird, once more, for stealing her coffee. we'll c whether it's a coincidence, or works like a charm n will get back to the masses, with any results.
trigger finger, if i had to guess- the tendons in her palm, spasm and make her middle find, semi-permanently "squeeze the trigger", in pain, til it randomly releases. i know- i been prayin for it to strike, during my next handy; NEVER A BREAK! NEVER!". it's the least of her worries, but 1 less thang, is still... a load off, so to speak.

miss sue! today, as i krushed the scale... i broke the 90s! since aug 31, til now, I'm down from the previous weight, of 337, weighed last, around may, 2019, when MY scale, gave me the bird...
I'm so dang proud! but uh... where's YOUR, thread, for no longer viable clothes, that r brand, spankin; tailored to fatty!? i think we all r gonna have other "closet" uses. i saved my normal, smokin hotty, threads, but surely, we have peeps n nedd, goin either direction. when the doc tells ya a person gains a half LB, WEEKLY, on their back: they're not lying to ya...
with all our peeps, goin both directions n weight... isn't it more a your calling,
type thing, than a "ME" thing? u know i been workin off my narcissism, too... it's a MOD thang...

so 289.6...U.S.! ;D (POUNDS!)

i meant, were i clear headed, from all the opioids, yet... that a forum thread for the growin n shrinkin peeps, is right up ur alley;D . i have tons, to donate (fat, too!)

i truly hope u (not just me) can c this, as a blessing n disguise. it's about to get "windy" up n here so brace yourself: this has been the writing on the wall, a few yrs, now. if u haven't been arbitrarily deflated, yet- it's comin. nobody will risk their med license, for u, and the dea doesn't sound too concerned about ruffling feathers to use fear and intimidation, as many powers that b, so often do; abusing the power limitations of their world. small people...
hence, when the neighboring pill mill gets raided, if the offices r connected, ur doc just became fair game, too... and it can damage your doc's reputation and shut "him" down, for months, til the innocent r proved so; the American way, like it, or no... costing them (good docs, good people) even 10s of thousands in legal fees and income cause u just got hosed, for the same period. ever try changing pain docs? pharmacies? states? odds r, ur starting with xrays, AGAIN, at some other doc and ur left, holding a baggy of tylenol in one hand, for the 4 mo it'll take for ur new doc to provide a foundation (AGAIN!), for your takin more than vicodin, those 4 mo., if that. now, consider the travel expenses you just added. copays. meds u can't use.
here's another hard truth: my withdrawal from methadone n oxies was arrested at stomach cramps n the puupies. in the last 2wks, i just went for it- down from 100mg morphine equivalent, but i did ask for norcos, for "breakthrough" (i know- just with oxies, at the end; redundant drug) n then used em to step down, off, instead; still able to abide by directions, til the end... but i dropped the methadone, by itself, first. minimal discomfort, with a come up n the oxies, to compensate.
started final drop, aug 15 & am down 37-39 lbs, depending, since my last opioid, aug 31.
the biggest thing i gained, was my hope back!
i could name 50 body systems, at least, that i often, mistakenly credit cannabis oil with (the diff from rso being- i use hybrids, indis, and sats. he uses indicas, typically, as i understand it. the real deal is 2/3 of those issues were opioid caused. I'd not read that, over my decade battle. not all of em, anyway.
first, the obvious- anxiety, stress? u can nix those pills for rso (under medical supervision /approval; often easier said than done)... my heart pills- GONE! B.P. pills- bye bye: OIL! no psvt, 244beats per minute issues/resets. no 150/whatever, blood pressure- 120/80, again! opioids n perceived pain take that street cred.
stinging sensations outta nowhere- gone. chronic headaches n migraines- opioids caused- GONE! the kind of headaches that say, "doesn't matter what tomorrow, or kurt Cobain, look like. opioid caused n the imitrex that works reliably for those migraines- contributes to ur high b.p. and if it's too high- u go e.r. and they won't refill, til u stabilize. can u imagine? happened to the lovely g.
consider your morphine equivalent: if they haven't started to decline ur intake- they will. do the math 4 yourself. ur prolly over 1k mg equivalent... so ur drops will come in significant increments. think of a 20% drop, at 1k. u just lost 2 meths, or significant oxies. and that's how it goes. if u zee em quarterly, it gives u 2mo to try new (legal) things. u would b n breach... fyi... they play the game. u may need to, also, and i mean well intended "play"; or I'd not have had the norcos, to help...
I'm forgetting a ton. knees, when I'm kneeling, don't suddenly and acutely, mysteriously, send me onto my back, writhing. plantar fasciitis- gone. the stress of each of these- u dunno how much tension n ur chest it's responsible for, til it's gone! the agoraphobia of- that doorknob means outside- means pain- ain't goin!". that was a biggie- significantly less, now.
going into town... lil things, like this- freak u? it gets better. ears ringing- gone. spacial awareness- improving.
the ability to better care for yourself- hygienically- huge diff and the not doin it cause it hurts n u /we stank- the skin dryness, irritation- clean right up! the half pound u gain, weekly- being horizontal- drops away, fast. my first goal, was to focus on bath n shower combo- least once- ea. day, again. goal 1- check!
anyway, i could n often do go on, but u get it. it's better! the lovely g says, "u can drive? how? y?"... i actually have this model because i could no longer sit up n got too fat, for a sedan; usually needing to lay n back. my response was, "because i can, now, and because i know i now feel better than u do.". she's in a similar situation, but was less... prepared to b incapacitated, early on. i didn't think I'd c 50, with all my prostate symptoms. i go with "ignorance is bliss, on that one". already had a come to jesus with my heart thing. one's enough. but the rso has quieted 2yrs of being p crazy! oh and the first night in a decade, u sleep beyond 2hrs. the first day, u don't nod off... dood- it's a blessing. you've been given a gift n hopefully, a second chance at a life.
Money is an issue I cant afford enough to keep me in edibles for now, Which is why I am here and learning to grow my own medicine. I also want to learn how to make oil like intheshed does and fill capsules with THC and CBD oil., I got a Magic Butter Machine and have made some great brownies. I don't enjoy smoking like I once did I have COPD and the smoke irritates my lungs so I find myself smoking less and less. I bought a vaporizer and NEVER got anything from it so I want to stick to oils and edibles.
I was on opioids for 25 years so it was tough getting off them and I agree if they haven't cut your dose down they soon will. No doc is going to risk their license to give you more then what they say you should have. I got dropped in April so the worst is behind me but with all my other problems and there are a lot I still feel really Bad. They did write my a script for suboxone but it cost more then we can afford right now, $250 deductible for name brand that is yearly so if I got them filled it would be another $250 the first of January so I will wait till then to fill it.
I have a long history of drug use but that was another person 15 years ago I am no long that same person today. Honestly your tolerance builds so fast to opioids that it doesn't take long and they are really ineffective for pain management and then if you are god forbid in a fire or a bad accident the pain is uncontrollable due to having a high tolerance. I had a bad experience when I had a joint fusion in my foot the pain afterwards was unbearable because of my tolerance being so high. My big issue is them dropping people flat off, that is in a big part why so many turn to Heroin. Cheaper and stronger then pills and when that's all they can get they turn to it so in a way they are creating this epidemic. It is a bad situation all around. I am planning to stay the course with Cannabis and I have learned A Lot from 420mag so once I am able to make some oil for caps I think I will be good, or at least better Lol.
:passitleft:

pc's story, is profound. he's not wOng. thought it may help some,
pfft... i went to take ur story n quote it, here. oops! thought we were elsewhere. good!

folks, for those, still seein the high end docs- don't forget to check the prices on the prescriptions they're writin u... otherwise, it could b months, before ur present, to beg for a less expensive, alternative.

i know the last time i required the oxycontins,it was $1800 for one month; just that, by its lonesome.

i think it's like $6 a pound, for the paste, in afgooey.

i know the last time i required the oxycontins,it was $1800 for one month; just that, by its lonesome.

And here I was trying to feel good for what the Republican Party did for us when they forced their members to run that Medicare Bill through that allowed the bastards to sell their addictive poisons at any price they so choose, and we could do jack-shit about it. :straightface:

Every once in a while I forget I’m a child of light that spreads joy. :laughtwo: There, I’m back. Lol!

Careful with the Suboxone @PCaddict. It’s near impossible to get away from that particular poison. :hug::hug::hug: Not that it can’t be done as your endocannabinoid system strengthens, just that you’ll have to be extra-patient with the taper.

I’d think higher CBD ratios would be most helpful when that time comes.

We’re wired to heal, and the longer you pursue a serious cannabis regimen of any sort the more you should assume your system is recovering the strength to take back homeostatic monitoring at top speed. In time one can expect to need less cannabis to heal. Then it can fall back to maintenance status and recreational use. :cheesygrinsmiley:

my fav day... when i was able to back off the rso regiment n see how lil, i really could get by with.

did anyone else, see that? thank god! she really is, human...

mornin, miss sue! i hope today is a good day, for u and your ahem- "OTHER" stalkers.

Back
Top Bottom