Opps! Used Wrong Watering pH

kingkola1

I feed on Sundays and water about every Wednesday when the medium is dry. I use 1/3 Coco, perlite and Ocean Farms and do everything drain to waste. I was 2/3rds through my watering last night with Cal-Mag (I use RO water) and remembered I did not pH balance my water. Yikees! Distractions... My watering pH was at 7.4, sooo, the last third of the watering was done with a pH of 5.8 and plenty of water was draining out of the cloth smart pots after that. The drain to waste water run off was at a pH of 7.0. I normally water and feed with a 6.0 pH. Just wondering if I did any damage or if there is something else I need to do to correct the problem? I am new to this so I panic when I do something wrong. Today is Thursday and watered last night.

Thanks Auggie! That is reassuring.

Last night I noticed one of my plants (19" tall now) have yellow splotches on a few of its leaves which looks like online photos I see of plants with a pH problem. The other 7 plants appeared to be unaffected. Should I remove those discolored fan leaves, or let them be and not stress the plant more until the next feeding with a pH correction? I plan on feeding them Sunday with a 5.7pH to bring the grow medium back into the 6.0 to 6.5 range; does that sound like the right thing to do for the next feeding pH? The plants are now in transition from veg to flower and under 24 hour HPS light for another 1/2 week.

It's actually not that bad if your ph flucuates, if you keep your runoff between 5.8-6.4, alternating between that ph allows your plants to properly take up all nutrients.
I would recommend going from 7.0 to 6.5 then on the next water, go to 6. You also don't want to stress the microbes to bad.

Don't cut the leafs or trim them, if anything else goes wrong, your plants go after those leafs first, plus if they have green anywhere, it's a energy making machine still.

{Re. Micheals2016} Oh, I watched Dutchman's Medical Marijuana YouTube called "HYDROSOIL- The New Way To Grow Medical Marijuana Cannabis". This video is about 28 minutes long. He discusses the 24 hour light cycle the last week before flowering about 22:08 minutes through the video. Then someone else said put them into 36 hours of darkness, and then finally 12/12 until harvest. This is all supposed to provide much higher yields. I have been watching a lot of the Dutchman's videos and so far, his advice has been working for me so far. Can't see how it can really hurt anything... Am I wrong?

Oh, that makes more sense now. You must've ran your lights 20/4 or 18/6 for the veg cycle, I got a little confused when you said 24 hours before flowering (probably because I run my plants 24/7 all threw veg).
I didn't watch the video, but what you said is correct. There are some people though that would recommend doing another 36 hours of darkness at the end of flowering, right before harvest, it's said to increase bud size and thc, the plant stresses out and does one last effort to get laid

I must have had the 36 hours of darkness a little backwards, thanks for the correction. Thanks for the heads up.

Back
Top Bottom