Optic foliar switch

Beerma

420 Member
Perhaps anybody knows what can be used against hermies, because optic foliar switch can't be bought, in Europe anymore?

It is available in the UK and US. It was previously banned because it contained prohibited chemicals. Apparently, they removed the offending chemicals. I don't know that I'd trust them, since they had no regard for our safety the first time, and failed to list the chemicals. I'm not a big fan of spraying any chemicals on budding plants.

But do you perhaps know what can be used as alternative for optic foliar switch, and can be bought in Europe?

Sorry, no I don't. My take on it is if you're getting hermies, you are either stressing the plants somehow, or it's just bad genetics. Try another seed supplier.

this emphatically

If you look label it’s like a PK booster with 0.02 % phosphate and 2.0 % potassium.

and this as well. it won't hurt but won't do anything unless it's got a secret sauce they don't want you to know about.

Problem occured after defoliation, I m trying some new strain, they were shocked, but whenever that happened, optic foliar switch solved my problem....,but now OF switch is banned in Europe...and problem can't bi solved so easily, so entire crop will be with fucked with seeds

The "Secret Sauce" in Optical Foliar Switch is ethylene, it's a gas produced by ripening fruit. You may be able to acheive the same thing by placing ripening apples or pears underneath your plant for several days or a week. Might have to tent the plant to get optimum results. Still, if you're consistently getting hermies, you've got other issues, either in growing or the seeds themselves. I have used ripening fruit to "encourage" a bromeliad to flower, but in most plants it does the opposite. Here are some effects of Ethylene:

The effect of ethylene gas upon fruit is a resulting change in texture (softening), color, and other processes. Thought of as an aging hormone, ethylene gas not only influences the ripening of fruit but may also cause plants to die, generally occurring when the plant is damaged in some manner. Other effects of ethylene gas are loss of chlorophyll, abortion of plant foliage and stems, shortening of stems, and bending of the stems (epinasty). Ethylene gas can be either a good guy when used to hasten ripening of fruit or a bad guy when it yellows vegetables, damages buds, or causes abscission in ornamental specimens. Further Information on Ethylene Gas. As a plant messenger that signals the plant’s next move, ethylene gas can be used to trick the plant into ripening its fruits and vegetables earlier. In commercial environments, farmers use liquid products that are introduced pre-harvest. The consumer may do this at home by simply placing the fruit or vegetable in question inside a paper bag, like a tomato. This will concentrate the ethylene gas inside the bag, allowing the fruit to ripen more quickly. Do not use a plastic bag, which will trap moisture and may backfire on you, causing the fruit to rot.

Thanks for your time phytoplankton and 013, I have already studied everything about etylene and ripening fruits, but I would need too much fruit to achieve satisfying results...

Back
Top Bottom