Optimal Photosynthesis Occurs at room temperature

Is Bud density related to kelvin spectrum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr Moonglow

Heat without circulation and airflow is very very bad for most all species of plants.

It is a known scientific fact that optimal photosynthesis occurs at room temperature. So, the secret to growing any plant is to give it the brightest light (Most lumens) The lumen (symbol: lm) is the SI derived unit of luminous flux, a measure of the total "amount" of visible light emitted by a source. Luminous flux differs from power (radiant flux) in that luminous flux measurements reflect the varying sensitivity of the human eye to different wavelengths of light, while radiant flux measurements indicate the total power of all light emitted, independent of the eye's ability to perceive it.

The only relation that Watts has to Lumens is the Watts to Lumens ratio of the bulb you are using (Watts is soley a power consumption ratio that is defined as Watts = V x I. Watts has nothing to do with your plants ability to photosynthesize.

Put a fan that has an ionizer on your plants and they will respond with amazing growth...no lie....

Most plants like to stay cool whenever possible....Kind of like certain people.

I still fail to see what lumen has to do with growing plants ???

It does appear that you have missed out chlorophyll a & b the peak photosynthesis period in the red / blue spectrum depending on stage of plant growth !

Hence we use MH, 6500k cfl/T5 etc for veg.

HPS, 2700k cfl/t5 etc for flowering.

Or LEDs in the correct colour spectrum which may well fall into nanometers (Nm) measurement of light spectrum !

These areas of colour spectrum are known to change plant hormone levels to encourage certin stages of plant growth along with change of light hours...

Plants grow all over the world in different temperatures & i don't see how that effects photosynthesis ??? but how ever some plants will only grow in warmer areas than others, so is that not all about providing optimal temperature for said species of plant to encourage good growth !

I would say bud density has to do with overall environment and of course genetics (some strains just dense up more).

Marijuana plants can intake higher levels of CO2 @ higher temperatures, which is one reason people are told their plants can handle higher temps if they use CO2.

I don't think 85F is considered room temperature, I could be wrong though.

And as Fuzzy mentioned, lumens is something that is measured by what the human eye can see. We need to fully understand what the plants need, not what we are capable of seeing.

It is a known scientific fact that optimal photosynthesis occurs at room temperature.

Could you please link a single study that states this? Generally (depending on the plant species), the greatest photosynthesis rates occur around 86-92 degrees F. That is much higher than the normal temperatures in my home. The higher the available CO2 the higher the temperature needs to be.

So, the secret to growing any plant is to give it the brightest light (Most lumens) The lumen (symbol: lm) is the SI derived unit of luminous flux, a measure of the total "amount" of visible light emitted by a source. Luminous flux differs from power (radiant flux) in that luminous flux measurements reflect the varying sensitivity of the human eye to different wavelengths of light, while radiant flux measurements indicate the total power of all light emitted, independent of the eye's ability to perceive it.

Again, you are 100% incorrect. Radiant flux/PAR is what really matters. The majority of a plants photo-receptors are at the very low and extreme high ends of the visible human range and those wavelengths have the lowest lumen to radiant flux values.

Watts has nothing to do with your plants ability to photosynthesize.

The above should read: Lumens have nothing to do with your plants ability to photosynthesize.

Most plants like to stay cool whenever possible....

Again, I'm not sure where you are getting your information but it's almost completely wrong in every form. Look around this forum a little bit and you will get some great links to actual peer-reviewed scholarly articles and scientific data.

Marijuana plants can intake higher levels of CO2 @ higher temperatures, which is one reason people are told their plants can handle higher temps if they use CO2.

I would indeed agree with that :thumb:

Their is evidence to show at higher temperatures and the use of increased Co2 in the growing enviroment may increase photosynthesis which may ultimately lead to a larger yield !

But lumens.... no, No & NO

The rate of a chemical reaction (kinetically speaking) will increase with temperature, among other factors such as catalysis. Hence, the photosynthetic rate can increase slightly with a slight increase in temperature. Thus an increased consumption of the CO2 reactant to form glucose, and ultimately cannabinoids (which have a much higher molecular weight, and require much more ATP to synthesize).

So, I agree with why people might be seeing a slight increase in yield/potency if these reaction conditions are properly met.

Back
Top Bottom