Optimum LED Watts For 1 Metre Square?

An issue you will have placing an led fixture which has a mixture of diodes very close to the plant is one of uniformity of the spectrum, the closer to the plant canopy it gets the less mixed the light will be even on supposedly diffused fixtures so I would suggest you hang it far enough away to give the spectrum a chance to blend, my theory is this is why plants get bleached as they are getting a saturation of a specific wavelength at a given point, rather than the needed balance of at least 2-4 different wavelengths, I feel when this happens it interferes with chlorophyll production which results in the bleaching of leaves, most manufactures try to claim it's because LEDs are so bright I say this is not true, sure you can reach a light saturation point but all that happens is the amount of light has exceeded the amount of pigments that are available for absorption.

A leaf constantly being soaked in a single wavelength is going to run into problems, light is simply another form of nutrients and who in there right mind would feed a plant purely nitrogen or purely potassium? You wouldn't as it will cause all sorts of deficiences as well as toxicities and its this lack of knowledge by the manufacturers and seeing after a hiatus that things haven't really progressed as much as I would have expected that has set me on the route to building designing my own lamp, when I am done I am going to call out all the top manufacturers for a shootout, because I am done being lazy and am not up for getting a sub standard bang for my buck, panels I built 2 years ago perform better and cost me less than pretty much all of the topflight stuff I see here today!

Hi Zero, I am sorry for the mistake. That's not the correct recommendation distance for growing weed.
Here is the correct distance.
germination 24-30inches above the plants
veg:18-24 inches above the plants
flower:12-18 inches above the plants
3~3.5ft is too high. :Namaste:
Perhaps SmokinSarah wants to chime in?

MarsII and Reflector has the same view angle, 90°/120°:high-five:
The Mars II has 120 degree primary lenses only. The reflector series is 120 degree diodes but the reflectors have different angles. I'm not sure if that information is public so I'll leave that as it is for now.

Back
Top Bottom