Orangeblood's Grow Room-Yumbolt 47, White Widow, Air Pots, LED+HPS, SOG, & R2D2

YouTube - Sinsemilla

Summer 2010 Outdoors. 3rd week of bloom

[URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/000_0451.JPG"][/URL]
[URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/000_0452.JPG"][/URL]
[URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/000_0454.JPG"][/URL]
[URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/000_0453.JPG"][/URL]

It's been a rough week on the outdoor girls. Leaf munchers, monsoon rain, nitrogen def., and nasty heat averages of 101+ and yet they still manage to do their thing.
Soil used is Fox Farm Happy Frog + Ocean Forest + Roots Formula 707. Nutes are the General Organics Bio Thrive line up. Plants are watered every morning and fed every other day :peace:

[URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/000_04631.JPG"][URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/000_04631.JPG"][/URL][/URL]

Better pic of the widow :rollit:

This is the Yumbolt 47 mama. I sprouted 2 seeds and will finish with 8 plants. She fulfilled her duties in my garden very well.
It's a different strain to grow. She can be touchy about nutes and she dont like the heat too much outside. Difficulties aside her buds are tremendous! Her high is excellent and I will grow her again.
I have four more Y47 seeds and I think I'll sprout them this winter and give her another round in my garden.
It looks like I'll get about a 2oz average per Yumbolt plant so 8 plants should get me about a lb. More than enough to keep me stocked with the strain for months to come.
Her wowser sativa high combines well with my body rocker ww high. I really like blending the two in a joint for some of the best medication I've ever had.

[URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/000_0462.JPG"][URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/000_0462.JPG"][/URL][/URL]
[URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/000_04611.JPG"][URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/000_04611.JPG"][/URL][/URL]
[URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/000_0460.JPG"][URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/000_0460.JPG"][/URL][/URL]
[URL="https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/000_04591.JPG"]
000_0464.JPG

[/URL]

Heya OrangeBlood. I love the hydro setup you have! :thumb:

I have a couple of questions for ya. Where did you get the bulkhead fittings (connecting the daisy chain hoses to the buckets) that you are using on your plant buckets? Have you had good success with them? Any leaks?

I am using the same Hanna meter you are using. I used to submerge my probes in my rez bucket. My PH probe went bad and i was told I couldn't submerge them. You have any problems with submerging them? :ganjamon:

A joy to enjoy your journal as always. Great pics, music and chat.

I was looking for Stick on Netflix (no luck :( ) and I found this. I'll let you know how it is in a few days.

Celebrity Rides: Burt Reynolds: Burt Builds a Bandit
:peace::rollit:

Thanks Papa Green! I googled that show and saw an awesome trailer for it. The ride is super sweet! Way better than the one in the movie. :ganjamon:

My girls haven't even started to think about flowering yet. I'll probably be seeing some bud formation by the end of the month. Looking perfect, OB.
Thanks Bud! They're far from perfect but they are some nice plants. Mine started to bloom kinda weird this year. They looked like they wanted to do something for a week and then POW! They started making some magic! I've moved them out of heavy Sun. It was just wearing them out so now they get about 8hrs of full sun instead of 11.
:rollit:

Very Nice! I put that Yumbolt 47 on my wish list. :)
Thx G! if you like high maintence sexy ladies she's a great choice!

very nice

Thanks Cat! Glad to see you here! :welcome:

Heya OrangeBlood. I love the hydro setup you have! :thumb:

I have a couple of questions for ya. Where did you get the bulkhead fittings (connecting the daisy chain hoses to the buckets) that you are using on your plant buckets? Have you had good success with them? Any leaks?

I am using the same Hanna meter you are using. I used to submerge my probes in my rez bucket. My PH probe went bad and i was told I couldn't submerge them. You have any problems with submerging them? :ganjamon:

Thanks Trichtone!
All of the fittings I have are made by NGW or PPI. They are the same fittings used in the CAP Ebb n Gro and General Hydroponics Waterfarm systems. I got them at my local hydro shop for about 80 cents each.
I do have one bucket that has a slow drip from the grommet but that's probably because of a burr or something from when I drilled the hole rather than the grommet or bulkhead piece. I'm finally adding air stones to the buckets tonight so I'll get a chance to inspect it and fix it.

Interesting stuff on the probe. I bought this meter off ebay and it had a bad ph probe. I replaced it with a brand new probe and now it works great. I'll look over the paperwork for the probe and meter to see if it says anything specific on how the probe should sit in the rez and for how long. I just assumed that it stayed in the rez all the time.
The only thing I really remember from when I glanced thru the instructions was that the probe needed to have the cap filled with storage solution if it was not in use. I'll double check on all of that stuff though. I definately do not want to spend another $80 on a new probe anytime soon. Thx!

Thanks Trichtone!
All of the fittings I have are made by NGW or PPI. They are the same fittings used in the CAP Ebb n Gro and General Hydroponics Waterfarm systems. I got them at my local hydro shop for about 80 cents each.
I do have one bucket that has a slow drip from the grommet but that's probably because of a burr or something from when I drilled the hole rather than the grommet or bulkhead piece. I'm finally adding air stones to the buckets tonight so I'll get a chance to inspect it and fix it.

Interesting stuff on the probe. I bought this meter off ebay and it had a bad ph probe. I replaced it with a brand new probe and now it works great. I'll look over the paperwork for the probe and meter to see if it says anything specific on how the probe should sit in the rez and for how long. I just assumed that it stayed in the rez all the time.
The only thing I really remember from when I glanced thru the instructions was that the probe needed to have the cap filled with storage solution if it was not in use. I'll double check on all of that stuff though. I definately do not want to spend another $80 on a new probe anytime soon. Thx!

Thanks for the grommet info. I will have to track me down some.

On the probe, I couldn't find anything about submerging them in the manual, but there are a lot peeps on the forums where their probe went bad and Hanna claimed they are not supposed to be submerged. Mine went bad and now I have to replace it. A workaround I saw was to cut a hole in a piece of Styrofoam and place the probe in the Styrofoam. Basically creating a float for the probe. That is what I am going to do with mine. :grinjoint:

Thanks for the grommet info. I will have to track me down some.

On the probe, I couldn't find anything about submerging them in the manual, but there are a lot peeps on the forums where their probe went bad and Hanna claimed they are not supposed to be submerged. Mine went bad and now I have to replace it. A workaround I saw was to cut a hole in a piece of Styrofoam and place the probe in the Styrofoam. Basically creating a float for the probe. That is what I am going to do with mine. :grinjoint:

I went over the paperwork I have for this thing and Hanna is nice and vague about the probes. It gives a little picture of how they should be submerged and says the probes should not touch the wall or floor of the rez to get the most accurate readings. It looks like the black part of the probe should be up out of the water. This is fine but Hanna could at least offer mounting options and ideas.
It's hard to tell in the pic but my solution for this is to use a suction cup aquarium heater mount for the probes. I only have one handy so I used it for the ph. The ec/tds probe is much easier to dangle in the water but I'll get a suction cup for it too today.

I dont think I've caused any damage to the probe. Seems to be working fine. These probes are only warrantied for 6 months which I think points to the sensitivity of them and how delicate they are.
The suction cup should work out. I just need to lower it every day as the plants suck up the nutes.
Thanks for the heads up Trichtone! + reps and points for you my friend!

Looking good El Bandito!
I like the styrofoam float idea. Then it can move up and down as the plants use water and you top off.

What are you using for ventilation in your veg room? I bet you don't need much for the T5HO Haymaker. :)

OB.

Plants and Pics look fantastic. I've got to admit, you're giving me the "bug" again boyeee! I'm gonna have to wait a little bit longer still...got one more assignment coming up! Sorry AgentGreen, hope I'm not stealing any of your thunder. :bong:

Def, impressed with the Hydro "skillz" OB. Give you a seed an you'll grow the sheet outta anyfing!

I'm a little cranky now I must admit. Day 1 of quitting smoking cigs, although in all honesty with my 420brothers, I've got one hanging from my mouth as I type this out. Your journal made me do it....yeah that's it! I didn't buy them, so I'll hit the wagon again tomorrow! Nice thing about that wagon is that it moves soooo slow, you can always catch up and hop on again, ;-)

Hope everyone is doing swell!

Always thankful,
Sf.

Wow SF! Kickin' the habit!
I quit in 2002 after a 13 year habit. Smoked a pack and half a day and quit cold turkey. have'nt smoked a cig since. Gained about 30lbs. That sucks. Now cigs make me sick and cant stand to smell them.
That's one of the bad things about LV is the smoke everywhere.

I just got sick and tired of them one day and that was it. I would get cravings but i kept a little note I wrote to myself and I would read it when the cravings hit. It was just a simple ass chewing to myself about how disgusting I was with a cig. It was pretty vulgar and nasty but it really helped.
Having some herb on hand also helped alot. Satisfied the relaxing sensation from smoking.
Once you break out of the routine of having a smoke while driving, waking up,before bed, etc you'll be free and clear. :surf:

I went over the paperwork I have for this thing and Hanna is nice and vague about the probes. It gives a little picture of how they should be submerged and says the probes should not touch the wall or floor of the rez to get the most accurate readings. It looks like the black part of the probe should be up out of the water. This is fine but Hanna could at least offer mounting options and ideas.
It's hard to tell in the pic but my solution for this is to use a suction cup aquarium heater mount for the probes. I only have one handy so I used it for the ph. The ec/tds probe is much easier to dangle in the water but I'll get a suction cup for it too today.

I dont think I've caused any damage to the probe. Seems to be working fine. These probes are only warrantied for 6 months which I think points to the sensitivity of them and how delicate they are.
The suction cup should work out. I just need to lower it every day as the plants suck up the nutes.
Thanks for the heads up Trichtone! + reps and points for you my friend!

Thanks Orangeblood! :hookah:

Hehe...I saw that picture of how the mount the probes too! It wouldn't work in my setup as I would have no way to pull the probes out half way through the grow to calibrate. Seems weird that you should be required to screw in your probes to the res. Haha...at least I have workaround for it now.

Those suction cups look like they will do the job nicely. Once I get my floats created for the probes, I will send you a pic in PM. :grinjoint:

The Autoflower Sideshow!

The two Dinafem autos get to have their own space on a table in my grow room.
Right now they're under a 2' 4 bulb T5. I also have a 2' 6 bulb T5 for later. When and if they get big I'll finish them in my veg cab under the 2' 8 bulb T5 with the 4 and 6 as side lighting.
They will start & finish under T5s.
Today they're in 4"x6" air pots and they'll be transplanted into 12.5 liter air pots when they're established.
The soil is Roots Formula 707 and the nutes are Bio Thrive

000_04791.JPG

000_0483.JPG

Hey orangeblood, just found this grow and have to say that R2D2 cloner is the coolest thing I've ever seen!

Also see you are using the General Organics nutes? Think you'll keep using? I'm considering going that route next time and you're the first person I've seen use it.
High DD! :welcome:

Yeah I'm really happy with the Bio Thrive. It took some getting used to but I think I 've got a good handle on it now. Brings out a lot of goodies a strain has to offer. :)
It fits my budget perfect and goes a long way so I'll keep using it for a very long time.

OrangeBlood, Did you make those pots ? They look like a material that we put behind walls so water can perculate down the wall into a drain pipe , is that a wild guess or am I on the money !? Just curious as I'm boared to death today waiting for the sun !!

OrangeBlood, Did you make those pots ? They look like a material that we put behind walls so water can perculate down the wall into a drain pipe , is that a wild guess or am I on the money !? Just curious as I'm boared to death today waiting for the sun !!

LOL! That material just might be used for that OH! Those are the smallest version of air pots. Great for starting seeds. It would'nt surprise me one bit if the air pots were derived from something else and somebody realized the material would make a good growing container.
Bored? Here's some good air pot info courtesy of OMM! Enjoy!
Air-Pot Garden

LOL! That material just might be used for that OH! Those are the smallest version of air pots. Great for starting seeds. It would'nt surprise me one bit if the air pots were derived from something else and somebody realized the material would make a good growing container.
Bored? Here's some good air pot info courtesy of OMM! Enjoy!
Air-Pot Garden

OB, that was a great video those pots are really cool ! I may try a dirt grow just to try those out , that and I'd like to try a hempy pot as well !

Back
Top Bottom