Orangeblood's Grow Room-Yumbolt 47, White Widow, Air Pots, LED+HPS, SOG, & R2D2

Orange, have you seen a Burt R movie called Stick? Lesser known flick, but I enjoyed it. Has one of my all time favorite lines in it when he meets a big albino hitman and he's supposed to be intimidated. BR just stares, then says,"I never met a guy with bunny eyes before."

:smokin:

Orange, have you seen a Burt R movie called Stick? Lesser known flick, but I enjoyed it. Has one of my all time favorite lines in it when he meets a big albino hitman and he's supposed to be intimidated. BR just stares, then says,"I never met a guy with bunny eyes before."

:smokin:

No never even heard of it! Sounds cool though! I'll set up the tivo to catch it if it pops up or see if I cant find the dvd.

I was thinking about that grow list thread and how you listed the twisty tie wire. I forgot about listing my ties in the opener but I've been using the 50' roll of velcro garden tie material and I love it.
My hands can get arthritic at times writing and working with wire or string making it painful especially twisting and tying knots. The velcro makes it super easy to tie up plants and I like how the material is broad and flat.

I love that list. Grow checklist? Great for noobs! :roorrip:

Let me know where and when. I rarely miss. Are you gonna chronicle your outdoor this year, Orange?

Yes Sir! I'm tracking Sun patterns now looking for the sweet spots. I have some new neighbors that have been coming over to check out my landscape and veggie garden seeking advice for their own yard. As soon as their fascination simmers down and the camoflauge plants and shrubs fill in some more I'll be moving some clones outside. I also need to wait for the catipillar population to start turning into butterflies and moths so they dont chomp my little plants when I take them out. ;)

Sorry guys, been hoggin the :bong:

Here ya go!

Sf

It because of that big ass haul you just had! You cant smoke it all at once Man! :roorrip:

FYI! The final dry wieght numbers are in for my last harvest of the six squatties and the two mother plants from the end of my first journal. The weight was decieving at first because the vloume was the typical 5-6oz capacity but the buds are super dense and solid. The final tally was 192 grams of nuggets. 78 grams of big fat colas. and 30 grams of frosty leaf that went into the freezer to make hash at a later date. Total smokeable harvest is just under 10oz.
I like to judge the efficiency of my garden by the weight produced for the time and space a plant uses. My goal is to harvest 1 oz per square 1.5' of bloom space every 8-10 weeks. That's roughly 9oz per crop in my garden so 10oz is definately ahead of the curve.
I also want to figure my gram per watt total. When calculating that number do I count every watt for the entire grow or just the watts used for bloom? And should I count everything or just the watts used for lighting?

It because of that big ass haul you just had! You cant smoke it all at once Man! :roorrip:

:rofl:

I also want to figure my gram per watt total. When calculating that number do I count every watt for the entire grow or just the watts used for bloom? And should I count everything or just the watts used for lighting?

Great questions. I'll be watchin!

10oz. Party at OB's crib!!! :bong:

Sf

I believe that it's usually per watt of lighting, but I could be wrong. there for your still at square 1 buddy. glad I could help. hahahaha. Not too shabby of a yield there bandito.
;)

I believe that it's usually per watt of lighting, but I could be wrong. there for your still at square 1 buddy. glad I could help. hahahaha. Not too shabby of a yield there bandito.
;)

I vaguely remember a Dutch study on how they determined if they were achieving maximum yields for commercial grows and I believe it was a combo of lighting used per square meter, space the plant used, and time to harvest. I think that's the formula they use for seed descriptions. But I also question what all the Dutch consider weight.
On most of my seed packets the max yield is about 400 grams per square meter. If that's the case then my garden is only a little over half as good as it could be. But if the seed bank counts all the stalk and every leaf produced then I might be getting close to max potential.
If the American standard is bloom light wattage to gram ratio then my yield is around 1.9 grams per watt. Nearly double the coveted 1g per watt ratio that I read about.
My next question is if the 1g per watt ratio is common for most growers or is this only acheived in the best of the best grow rooms?:Rasta:

I vaguely remember a Dutch study on how they determined if they were achieving maximum yields for commercial grows and I believe it was a combo of lighting used per square meter, space the plant used, and time to harvest. I think that's the formula they use for seed descriptions. But I also question what all the Dutch consider weight.
On most of my seed packets the max yield is about 400 grams per square meter. If that's the case then my garden is only a little over half as good as it could be. But if the seed bank counts all the stalk and every leaf produced then I might be getting close to max potential.
If the American standard is bloom light wattage to gram ratio then my yield is around 1.9 grams per watt. Nearly double the coveted 1g per watt ratio that I read about.
My next question is if the 1g per watt ratio is common for most growers or is this only acheived in the best of the best grow rooms?:Rasta:

This is a topic of much discussion. How to calculate optimal or honest yield.

The seed companies publish their yields based on square meters under optimal conditions. Of dried bud. So if it says 500g/m2 that means if you are growing a m2 under perfect conditions and you do it right - you should get 500g/m2 of bud. It does not say whether you can do it in 2 weeks veg with 1 plant or 5 weeks veg with 5 plants. And yes - to achieve those numbers is a bitch!

The g/w equation usually means dried buds/flowering watts. So in the above example - if you pull in 500 with a 600w light your g/w is .833

As you pointed out, a better equation would be one that includes for time as well.

And as you also pointed out avg watts.

And the wattage used for other things in the room like fans, a/c, pumps, etc.

Those are all things you should acct for when doing your own math. But up here and almost everywhere else - you take the dried buds/flowering wattage. That's still a very good measure of efficiency.

If you can get 1g/w of flowering light you've prolly maxed out the yield.

:peacetwo:

EDIT: btw - not to toot my own horn but I exceeded the g/m2 of the manufacturer last time but did not achieve the 1g/w because I was only growing 7sq/ft. 1m2 equals approx 10 sq ft. And I wouldn't have thought it possible if I hadn't seen it to grow buds as densely as they were to achieve it.

High SF!
Snowman and I had a run late in the week thru Vegas and made a new friend.

100_10831.JPG

This ol' girl along with a vintage medical marijuana jar full of OB's finest has had us on a bender the last few days are we're just now comin' back around.

000_00471.JPG
100_10842.JPG

I think the good folkjs at Grav Labs had The Bandit on their mind when they made this one!

000_0041.JPG

I'll have a garden update in the coming days. Right now, well you know the deal!
:roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip:

I prefer the goal of 1,000,000g Per 1,oooW, but hey, I'm still working on it. I think your goal is more down to earth, and yes I believe the dutch are eating a little too many spacecakes, and are weighing the stems and leaves along with the nugs, but It can be done with a long veg time, and some serious monster multibranched badasses. Personally I'm chilling somewere in the same boat that you are, but always looking out for that 1,000,000. Oh, by the way, how is the Dark E treating ya?

Back
Top Bottom