Orangehaze's Very First Grow - Indoor - Bag Seeds

How long does the average auto flowering plant need before harvest?!
Indoors an auto will veg an average of 2-4 weeks and then, when they have shown sex, they flower for an average of 6-8 weeks. Have a look at the completed grow journals, see if you can find a couple of outdoor auto grows and study those. I'm guessing here, but if you add 2-4 weeks to the indoor time period you are probably close.

Your autos are inspirational!!
Really! Thanks a bunch :D

Ive been learning as I go only minor problems so far but hey Im having fun.
As long as you don't freak out you will be fine mate. Before you do anything stupid, ask for some guidance in the FAQ area or in your grow journal. Hope all goes well. I'm off to check out your jornal.

Hey wassup?

I gave away two of the blueberry bag seed plants and four of the blue mystic autos (the whole scrog gang). I was not liking my ridiculously tight 40x40cm scrog. I felt sorry for those plants. As I test different strains I want to see them develop more naturally to see more of their genetics, more than I would if I grew sog or scrog. I kept the best and most mature of the blueberries and in my mind the best one of the autos.

Day 29 of flowering, with blue mystic auto in the front, blueberry bag seed in the back:

IMG_20140805_010652452.jpg

IMG_20140805_010643026.jpg

IMG_20140805_010637804.jpg

IMG_20140805_010624880.jpg

IMG_20140805_010558399.jpg

The 40x40cm tent is now a veg area, with three, still fully flowering clones from the blueberry I kept, one ice, one short rider (auto), two northern lights (I broke the stem off of one of the nl's while replanting, it's probably dead tomorrow) and one freebie unknown regular seed:
IMG_20140804_165947237.jpg

I can't see the blueberry go more than two more weeks. It's fan leaves are wilting and yellowing at a fast rate and the hairs are brown to a great extent. No amber trics yet though. So we'll see wont we. Excited!

Looking very good. my cabinet is almost done hoping to have seeds started next week. Hope to see results like yours on my first grow

I've got purple trichomes! What strains other than blueberry has that? I've also got plenty of clear but no cloudy trichs, according to my seven year old son's pretty awful toy microscope.

Iv researched the purple trich phenomenon after finding this on certain blue strains as well as a diesel strain i grew once. Some say its caused by lower grow temps while others claim that its the first sign of maturity in certain strains. I don't agree with either explanation as my temps were not any different and plants were no way near being finished. I suppose its something we will never know for sure why it happens (like a 2 headed trich). I say just enjoy them and get plenty of pics cause they look cool as hell! :high-five:

A heap of work fell over me and I've just now managed to dig my way out. My first grow is done. Thx 420 mag and all of you who followed this journal and gave great tips and encouragement. The blue mystic auto yielded 15 g dry, the blueberry bag seed arount 35 g dry. Both of these plants would have yield twice that much or more had they grown in optimal or at least less noob-like conditions ;). The smoke from both plants still tastes like hay and it's not the most potent stuff I've tried, but I am extremely happy that this grow is over. I've learned so much in such a short time. I am absolutely loving this home growing business and I will definetly continue to grow my own til the day I die. Why didn't I do this sooner?

Some pics from the blueberry harvest:
IMG_20140903_194950884.jpg
IMG_20140903_195057149.jpg
IMG_20140903_195035045.jpg
IMG_20140903_202827852.jpg
IMG_20140905_160753789.jpg

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

A heap of work fell over me and I've just now managed to dig my way out. My first grow is done. Thx 420 mag and all of you who followed this journal and gave great tips and encouragement. The blue mystic auto yielded 15 g dry, the blueberry bag seed arount 35 g dry. Both of these plants would have yield twice that much or more had they grown in optimal or at least less noob-like conditions ;). The smoke from both plants still tastes like hay and it's not the most potent stuff I've tried, but I am extremely happy that this grow is over. I've learned so much in such a short time. I am absolutely loving this home growing business and I will definetly continue to grow my own til the day I die. Why didn't I do this sooner?

Drying the plant slowly (5-7 days), and removing as many leaves as possible will minimize the hay taste. Great harvest though, congrats!

And I wonder the same thing myself all the time.. why didn't I do this sooner?

good 1st grow Orange, like antics said a slow dry with a good cure will bring out the taste and improve the buzz.

Back
Top Bottom