Oregon Co-Op?

haildir12121

Some friends of mine and some friends of friends are talking about starting a Co-Op type center in Eugene.

The idea was for me to grow marijuana and GIVE it to Patients who dont know how to obtain it due to the clouded area that surrounds medical marijuana in Oregon. "Oh you can have your medicine but we wont tell you how to get it or tell you how to even grow it or supply you with the means to do it"

Well I want to do indoor, But for that I need rent money...

My girlfriend had the idea of monthly membership fee's, So they pay for membership in, But the weed is free, Ya know?

Thoughts, Comments, Concerns? Input? Any sorts.

What you are proposing is illegal under the OMMP. You cannot in any way be recompensed in a way that would help you pay _any bills. You can only receive a donation which must not be more than the actual out-of-pocket expense to produce it NO labor can be computed.

See, I wanted to talk to an Attorney about all this.

I do NOT want to make profit off this, I do not want to buy a new car or something

I want to provide patients with medical marijuana but my problem is the cost to do so. So your positive its illegal for a membership fee to cover the cost of rent towards the grow site? If it is that sucks but its whatever, And im not trying to sound like an ignorant prick.

You have a great idea, it just wouldn't be legal under OMMP. Direct grow expenses only may be charged. Rent is not a direct expense, but the increase in your electric bill is, as are nutrients, soil, etc.

You could register under a non proffit maybe and then rent an address that will only used for growing and handing out meds. Could be a social gathering place with hours open, ommp card required, and charge monthly DUES for the use of the place. Maybe put in a pool table, display cases, ping pong, tv, etc. Oregon has several SOCIAL CLUBS run like this. Most of them sell poker chips in various denominations that can then be turned in at the front counter for meds. Not sure of the legalities, but thats the realities.

Back
Top Bottom