Oregon Democrat's Bill Would Legalize Medical Marijuana At Federal Level

Truth Seeker

An Oregon Democrat has introduced legislation to legalize marijuana for medical use at the federal level.

Rep. Earl Blumenauer and 13 co-sponsors say the measure would help clear up confusion that has pitted states – with legalized marijuana laws – against federal authorities. The bill, Politico reported, would keep federal agents from taking action in the 19 states where marijuana is legal and would set forth guidelines for the Federal Drug Administration to legalize the drug for medicinal use.

"Frankly, the people in the federal hierarchy are in an impossible position," Mr. Blumenauer said, according to Politico. "This bill gets the federal government and the Department of Justice out of this never-never land."

Mr. Blumenauer's bill would also establish a means for the government to collect taxes from the drug, Politico adds.

Rep_Earl_Blumenauer.jpg

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: washingtontimes.com
Author: Cheryl K. Chumley
Website: Oregon Democrat's bill would legalize medical marijuana at federal level - Washington Times

I think the medical marijuana is a great step towards legalization. As we all know the relief given, I think that it should be totally removed as a drug from the feds dangerous list. Forget medical purposes and just legalize it and be done!

Over my dead body Earl is looking to rake the Med patients over the coals with taxes. Horrible bill horrible person horrible idea.

Back
Top Bottom