Oregon MMJ patient introducing new self

Starlytia

I'm new to the OMMP world and am looking to learn more on how to start growing my own plants from really good clones outdoors. I want to meet similar people like me as well. I'm 36 years old, happily married with 2 teenagers. I suffer from severe lower back and hip pain everyday and recently decided to get off pharmaceutical pain killers and try it naturally with acupuncture too. I live on the outskirts of Portland Oregon in clackamas county and would really like to meet friends that I can share this experience with.:circle-of-love:

Hey thanks for welcoming me!! I appreciate that emensly :love:
Is their anyway to know if a certain thread has already been done? Or do I start a new on?

I live in both states (Washington and Oregon, sorta). Good luck in your networking. We can help you with growing advice here, but the site forbids hooking up. I am sure you are going to hear about it in some way from the moderators.

I meant meet friends on here not in person! I guess I should of made that more clear lol!

I would hope you've got a few plants in with other flowers in your garden now. If not, you may still be able to find some clones, there's still time to plant some and have medicine in the fall. I sometimes have hip pain from an old injury to my tfl muscle, am able to keep back pain at bay by paying attention to the belly muscles when I think I've stressed them too much. Oh, enjoy being able to benefit from small doses too! I have friends that get more out of tinctures than I do...

I hope cannabis brings you relief!

Seems pretty simple... Grow a potent strain, keep it alive and harvest when ripe.

Buying seeds is a pig in a poke. You have to grow enough seeds to get a winner, and this is purely trial and error. You can buy the most expensive seeds available and still pick the most favorable of the batch to make a mother and make future plants of the best.

Alternatively, you get a clone of some weed you love and grow that out.

I find that I tire of the same weed no matter how good it is so it is nice to have a variety of winners to chose from.

G-Dog - with you on having lots of strains, but how to pick the best plants out of seeds? I'm watching pairs from various sources this year, everything looks healthy but is that really enough information?

G-Dog - with you on having lots of strains, but how to pick the best plants out of seeds? I'm watching pairs from various sources this year, everything looks healthy but is that really enough information?

To get a winner from seeds:

1. Get a lot of seeds, ten minimum, a hundred would be better but is not practical. Some great breeders will say that a certain percentage is stellar, and if they have been doing it a long time their reputation is reliable, their word should be good. I cannot mention any reliable breeders on this site.

2. During veg stage take cuttings of everything and label everything in a way that works for you.

3. As plants mature toss the males (unless you want more seeds) and toss the clones you made from those males.

4. Take your seed plants, all of them, to completion. Take notes of growing problems and/or advantages. All the while keeping all of your clones in a veg state. This can be done with low wattage lights, just enough to keep them alive. I have kept clones and mothers alive in a converted clothes hamper with 50 watts of CFL (Compact Fluorescent Light)

5. Harvest, dry and cure all the plants, keep them separated and labelled.

With the above program take the best of the best for potency and/or any other attributes, and make a mother of the clone you took in the beginning. Toss all the others.

Back
Top Bottom