OregonGrown's First Attempt - Soil - Bag Seed - Mars2

It's the new kolas you want to bend/lst after topping so early. When the 2-4 new kolas emerge just bend them down gently in a cross formation. From there some people carry on around the edge of the pot or top again or flip the switch haha. The possibilities are endless! Best of luck on the fim, ill be watching carefully as I haven't experimented with that technique

Sent from my SM-G900F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Just gave her a feeding of Cal/Mag, 1/2 teaspoon for a half gallon of water. Ph'd to 6.6 after mixing. She was REALLY dry so I decided it was a good time to water, her pot felt like air!! I checked the run off and it was down around 5, wonder whats up with that? Should I be concerned? She really hasn't changed much since the last picture so I will hold off until something "cool" happens!!! On a side note, its been hotter than the hubs of hell here lately! Had the house AC running almost non stop set at 72. The tent hasn't gotten above 84 so I think I can take whatever temps summer may bring us!! I think in a couple weeks I may spring for a new, bigger tent and maybe some proper wattage in LED and see what kind of mess I can make for myself! I am thinking a 2x4x7 tent would work good for a couple rectangular shaped lights like the reflectors. I am thinking I could do 4 plants in flower in that size tent and just keep my small one for clones/mothers. Thanks again for all the help.
OG79

Daily update! She is looking Happy after her watering with cal/mg last night. Leaves are reaching for the light, other than the dead ones!!! LMAO! I added another fan last night and increased the airflow around the tent, she seems to be digging that! It seems that where I FIM'd her is starting to grow again. It looks like I missed! Let me know what you pro's think! Also, how long does it take for the supplements I gave her last night to show on the leaves? it seems like color is starting to even out but being a newb I would like some veterans opinions!
6-7-16.jpg

6-7-16_2.jpg

OG79

Looks like it'll give 4 by my eye. It'll take a couple of days minimum to show from the roots, you can foliar feed epsom salts or calmag for a faster check if you're impatient like me

I'd only foliar epsom at this point though, a calcium lockout is a bitch to sort out. Mag lockouts are rare and easy to sort, all other important cations have a stronger bond so it's just a case of feeding

Here is the weekend update!! I started bending her over 3 days ago. She doesn't seem to like it too much!! She has fought it from the start! Also, the extra light getting to the bottom leaves really has moved the tip burn into overdrive!! I have not fed since my first feeding like a week and a half ago. She did get a dose of cal/mag on her last watering and it seemed to help the new growth. It looks good to my untrained eye. I have noticed the new tops are really growing at a fast pace so that must mean she is somewhat happy?! Well, here are the pics for the weekend.
6-11-16_2.jpg
6-11-16.jpg

OG79

Anyone have any thoughts of Foliar feeding? Is it something I should be doing? I have done some reading on it and some love it, some think its unnecessary? I wouldn't mind giving it a shot if you all think its a good idea. Also, this baby has been above ground for over a month. Comparing it to others with younger plants it seems to be lagging quite a bit. Do you think she is just filling the pot with roots? I know this is a slow go but man it seems to be painfully slow sometimes! The dead/dying leaves on the bottom have secondaries growing out of the stem, they look healthy to me. When the burnt leaves fall off is it going to effect the secondaries?
OG79

Anyone have any thoughts of Foliar feeding? Is it something I should be doing? I have done some reading on it and some love it, some think its unnecessary? I wouldn't mind giving it a shot if you all think its a good idea. Also, this baby has been above ground for over a month. Comparing it to others with younger plants it seems to be lagging quite a bit. Do you think she is just filling the pot with roots? I know this is a slow go but man it seems to be painfully slow sometimes! The dead/dying leaves on the bottom have secondaries growing out of the stem, they look healthy to me. When the burnt leaves fall off is it going to effect the secondaries?
OG79
Don't foliar feed as a matter of course. Foliar feeding is great for certain things, I foliar feed canna rhizo after transplant and cal mag if I see a deficiency. I only foliar cal mag to check if that's actually what the plant needs, once I see a positive effect I just add it to the feed.

Foliar feeding is great at getting nutes into the plant fast, it's not really something you should use to replace proper feeding.

I can see why people would say it's pointless, if you already have a good knowledge of the plant then you probably wouldn't have a use for it. I would argue that canna rhizo is really expensive and doesn't work as well in a high ppm reservoir of nutes though

Weekend update, well at least my weekend!! It starts tonight!! Beach trip for the weekend in the am!
Gave her some food (very low dose) and some cal/mag Tuesday night. She loved it and is not showing any signs that I can see of deficiencies or new burning! It looks like I have done something right for once! The FIM'ing I am not sure worked as I had hoped, maybe you all can see from the pictures and tell me what you think! Also, I see lots of secondary growth down towards the stem of the plant, are these going to be new tops? As you can see I have her in bondage, she seems to like it!! I am glad she is kinky like that!!! I hope she doesn't dry out too much before we get home on Sunday evening, I think she should be good. Just an FYI, if you get AN's PH up use it VERY sparingly!! A drop raised my 1/2 gallon by over 1.5 on the ph scale!!! Way too concentrated for my needs, I should have asked for something less potent!!! I am thinking of going 2 more weeks in veg and seeing where we are at, I want a bush!!! If she looks ready in 2 2 weeks I will throw her in a 7 gallon fabric pot for a week and flip her! I won some $$$ on the states video poker last night, LOTS, so I have the cash for some new beans. I think I will get that order going for real this next monday! Autos and pure raspberry kush fems. I think once this grow finishes, IF IT DOES, I will throw a couple autos down and a couple photos. Figure the autos will be done by the time the photos are ready to flip? Anyways, here are the pics. Tell me what you think, I love the feedback!
OG79
6-16-16.jpg

6-16-16_31.jpg

6-16-16_21.jpg

So, mid week update!!! I gave her some more food on Sunday evening, upped the dosage a touch and all seems well. She really seems to like the bondage, its amazing how fast her top turns to the light when I tie her down! She is still in her 2 gallon fabric pot and all seems to be going well. She drinks about a half gallon a week give or take. I don't think my FIM worked as I didn't get any real side growth out of where the tops should have came from. Just a couple funky looking leaves. I think she is getting to big to really top anymore. I kinda want to speed this up a little bit, I have some new auto beans in the mail and would like to start another run! I know even if I flipped today it would be another 2 months! Maybe I will just keep vegging this girl till my beans arrive and throw a couple autos down then flip! Not much new to report other than lots of new tops starting! The pics will tell the tale!
6-21-16.jpg

6-21-16_2.jpg

OG79

Weekend Update!!! Everything seems to be going good, not as fast as I would like but its still moving forward. Watered/fed last on Monday, 1/2 gallon with 1/4 strength nutes ph'd to 6.7 or close to that! She seems really dry today so I will probably give her some water and Cal/Mag today at some point. It seems she keeps getting a little burned by the nutes even at such a low dose, its kinda making me mad! Should I do a flush with just some water and cal/mag or just keep feeding her and hope she powers through?! Also, my FIM did not work as I still only have 1 top (minus all the side tops from LST). I have started tying down all the larger side tops to make room for the smaller ones to get bigger. A little advice on my LST technique wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit! I received a very special package yesterday in the mail. My delivery from Southern Oregon Seeds Company. I originally ordered Feminized Pure Raspberry Kush, Fem blueberry autos and guess what!? They threw in a free package of fem pure northern lights!! I have to say they were awesome to deal with. From start to finish it took 5 days for them to show up! I am really excited to throw some blueberry autos down and run them side by side with what I have going now! I have managed to no kill this one so I think I can handle a couple more in the tent! Well, here are this weeks pics!
new_beans.jpg

6-25-16_2.jpg

6-25-16_4.jpg

6-25-16.jpg

6-25-16_3.jpg

OG79

Sorry for the lack of updates. Been really busy!! Not like too many are following anyway!!! I moved the big girl outside a week ago. She got put in a 7 gallon fabric pot with lots of FFOF. She seems to be doing good, a little deficiency but I think I am getting it sorted. Seemed like the ph was a little low so she got some fish emulsion and ph 7 water last night. I dropped 2 auto blueberries on the 2nd of July and they poked up on the 3rd! They are now 12 days above ground and ared already monsters in my eyes!!! I put them in 3 gallon fabric pots filled with FFOF. They seem to be loving life. I will try to get some new pics up later.
OG79

Back
Top Bottom