Organic Auto: Tangerine

LiteMix/5L pots/BioBizz/FS LEDs/Autos

Jack Herer, Blueberry, Tangerine Dream - all popped same time

Week 9:
JH full flower, 3-4 weeks until harvest
BB looks about 3wks into flower, probably another 8-10wks to harvest

TD refused to flower
I know surplus N can inhibit flowering so I put it in the shower and drenched it (NB tap water, pH 7.2)
I also cut off all of the huge fan leaves that obscured the bud sites (and hold N)
Next day, I flushed it again with 1L Mineral Water (pH 7.4) / 5% H2O2
The new growth was looking lush already
I then applied a tonic comprising Humic Acid and 1/4 strength BioBloom
48hrs later, it started flowering profusely

Not sure what to make of it
Is it possible you can overfeed organics with some strains?
Is it purely removing the fan leaves at work? (I don't think so)
Did the H2O2 deliver an oxygen boost?
Maybe the organics had built up and cooked the soil?
It didn't mind the shower - perhaps the pH had plummeted?
Was it just excess Nitrogen?
All of the above?!

Any thoughts

Hmm not sure - above my pay grade! If it’s truly an auto - then there is no need to bump light hours down....unless you want to reduce yields?

what light hours have you been running 18/6?

That's what bumping it to 12/12/ may reveal, whether it actually is an auto or a photo. Don't know what other thing to try?

It’s already in flower tho. I’m guessing it started flowering under 18/6 which a photoperiod would never do but yeah thats why I asked the op what light hours they were using

Just following the logic but - if it started flower under 18/6 then it’s an auto for realz and as such it can’t reveg by staying on 18/6 so the only thing 12/12 would accomplish is reducing yields

It’s already in flower tho. I’m guessing it started flowering under 18/6 which a photoperiod would never do but yeah thats why I asked the op what light hours they were using

Just following the logic but - if it started flower under 18/6 then it’s an auto for realz and as such it can’t reveg by staying on 18/6 so the only thing 12/12 would accomplish is reducing yields

My mistake, I didn't see the last line that it started to flower!

I was running 20/4 but dropped it to 18/6
I'm wondering if she doesn't respond well to organics, so I'm currently seeing whether synthetic nutes get a better response - she seems to be doing fine at the moment so today I'm gonna try a shot of PK 13/14 + CalMag then carry on with 1/2 strength GroMore/Seaweed Extract/Humic Acid w added Boron for new growth

Well it's flowering, but not budding up properly @013
And no, @Phytoplankton I wish I did have an outside space to put it for some sunshine, but I don't
Got a horrible feeling the TD may be a dud/hermie or not right for my setup in some other way
No worries though, the JH, Strawberry Gum, Lemon Kush & Space Cookies are looking sweet
Not afraid to dump it, could do with the space - things don't turn out perfect every time so move on...

This is nuts - the Lemon Kush are showing preflowers @25 days after popping
Topped 'em just in time (says he, hoping lol)

Got the same issue with a northern lights, flowering after about 21 days, about a week after I topped it. The other three are Amnesia, Gorilla glue, and do-si do's, they are all vegging nicely after three weeks, no signs of flowering yet.

Back
Top Bottom