Organic Cal Mag Deficiency Flower?

FungiClay

Everything has been Smooth Sailin till now.:surf: Day 31 flower, and i thought i had some natural fade starting that happens late flower, but i read that its to early and shouldnt really happen till last week or so... :hmmmm:Also got brown spot on leaves starting and couple lower fan leaves are fading. I think that iv got a cal mag deficiency!?:nervous-guy: I put slow release calmag (oyster shell) in my soil but it might not be enough. Other concerns of mine... Only in 5g pot...:thedoubletake: and yesterday when i checked ph of soil run off...its at 7.5.:eye-roll: Iv read it can take couple weeks to adjust the ph of soil. Is it worth it? Should i get some soil acidifier? Should i get some chelated calmag? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated! :hippy:

*Strain - White Widow
*# ofPlants - 1
*Grow Type - Soil
*Grow Stage - Flower
*Bucket Size - 5 Gallon
*Lights - (2) 600w LED 300w LED
*Nutrients - Gaia Green Dry Amendments (50/50 Power Bloom 2-8-4 and Bat Guano 0-13-1)
-Oyster shell flower for calmag.
-Amended beginning of week 4 flower)
-Compost teas with seaweed extract and molasses every 3rd watering. 36hr brew.Every 3 days. 600-700 ppm.
-Seaweed extract and Molasses every watering 300-400ppm.
-Used Advanced Nutrients OMRI Big Bud weeks 3 through 4.
*Medium - bag of FFOF
-8Quarts compost, -5Quarts worm castings
-5 Quarts small perlite
*PH - 6.5-6.8
*RH - 38% to 53%
*Room Temperature - 68-79F/ 20-26C
*Solution Temperature -68F/20C
*Room Square Footage - 2' x 4'
*Pests - None Known
:hippy:

Attachments

• 20190403_210257.jpg
    20190403_210257.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 199
  • 20190403_210349.jpg
    20190403_210349.jpg
    566.6 KB · Views: 275
  • 20190403_210404.jpg
    20190403_210404.jpg
    486.7 KB · Views: 188
  • 20190403_210308.jpg
    20190403_210308.jpg
    539.3 KB · Views: 194
Everything has been Smooth Sailin till now.:surf: Day 31 flower, and i thought i had some natural fade starting that happens late flower, but i read that its to early and shouldnt really happen till last week or so... :hmmmm:Also got brown spot on leaves starting and couple lower fan leaves are fading. I think that iv got a cal mag deficiency!?:nervous-guy: I put slow release calmag (oyster shell) in my soil but it might not be enough. Other concerns of mine... Only in 5g pot...:thedoubletake: and yesterday when i checked ph of soil run off...its at 7.5.:eye-roll: Iv read it can take couple weeks to adjust the ph of soil. Is it worth it? Should i get some soil acidifier? Should i get some chelated calmag? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated! :hippy:

*Strain - White Widow
*# ofPlants - 1
*Grow Type - Soil
*Grow Stage - Flower
*Bucket Size - 5 Gallon
*Lights - (2) 600w LED 300w LED
*Nutrients - Gaia Green Dry Amendments (50/50 Power Bloom 2-8-4 and Bat Guano 0-13-1)
-Oyster shell flower for calmag.
-Amended beginning of week 4 flower)
-Compost teas with seaweed extract and molasses every 3rd watering. 36hr brew.Every 3 days. 600-700 ppm.
-Seaweed extract and Molasses every watering 300-400ppm.
-Used Advanced Nutrients OMRI Big Bud weeks 3 through 4.
*Medium - bag of FFOF
-8Quarts compost, -5Quarts worm castings
-5 Quarts small perlite
*PH - 6.5-6.8
*RH - 38% to 53%
*Room Temperature - 68-79F/ 20-26C
*Solution Temperature -68F/20C
*Room Square Footage - 2' x 4'
*Pests - None Known
:hippy:
Its actually day 35 flower, not 31... but still have atleast 21 days left... :nervous-guy:

When running LEDs it's recommended to use extra Calmag. I read about it here, before I bought my lights. I use it everytime I water, and so far (knocks on simulated wood) everything looks healthy.

Organically, I'm not sure how much and of what to add yet. Maybe @Emilya could have some info.

When running LEDs it's recommended to use extra Calmag. I read about it here, before I bought my lights. I use it everytime I water, and so far (knocks on simulated wood) everything looks healthy.

Organically, I'm not sure how much and of what to add yet. Maybe @Emilya could have some info.
Thanks for the info Captain! Denfently have to get my hands on some CalMag by tomorrow cause its water day! Iv heard that General Organics CalMag is safe to use with Living soil... Its all one big learning experience and makes me look forward to all my future grows!:tommy:

Any leaf thats been damaged, will not recover. However, leave it on the plant to see if the condition stops. Also, keep a close eye on the new growth, it will tell you right away.
Thanks for the tips Capt. And hotboxin my 420 magazine expirence! I admire your passion for growing cannabis (it shows) and have enjoyed following along with your grow! Keep up the good work! :passitleft:

Thanks for the tips Capt. And hotboxin my 420 magazine expirence! I admire your passion for growing cannabis (it shows) and have enjoyed following along with your grow! Keep up the good work! :passitleft:

No problemo! Just happy to help out any way I can. :passitleft:

Iv noticed that the yellowing is happening more on the side that has the 600w LED, i raised both LEDs couple inches to give her some space to recover. Doesnt seem to be slowing down though ... Starting to think the ph of my soil might be the problem. Brewing a compost tea right now that she will be getting tomorrow. Iv read a few different ways of lowering the soils ph, such as amending sulfur but it says that it can take a few weeks! Also amending compost, which ill try. Also read that watering with half deluted coffee is a quicker way of lower the ph in soil, but not sure about that one... any input would be greatly appreciated!:hmmmm:

as long as you get the organic version of GO calmag, you are good. There are synthetic versions out there, be careful what you order. Look for the OMRI label. Stop worrying about the soil pH if you are running organic... it simply does not matter. Flush the soil with acid and of course you kill microbes... it is highly counterproductive to do so.
Thanks Emilya! Thats exactly what i wanted to hear!:Rasta:

Well its day 40, atleast 16 days left! Shes struggling and propably wont reach her full potential... Just hoping she makes it to harvest. The side with 600w LED seems to be getting the worst of it so i raised both lights few inches. Shes only lost two full lower leaves so far. Glad i didnt go to crazy on 3rd week defoliation. Gave her a compost tea yesterday and brewing her another one for tomorrow with added cal mag. Starting to question my watering technique. Waterings every 3 days but think its time to start every 2. Think i may have been letting it dry out little to much for organic growing. Also been watering slowly, 4-5L every watering, into a 5 gallon pot. May be over saturating and need to be more careful to only water perimeter... I only let about 1cup run out the bottom. Anyways live and learn! Any advice greatly appreciated!:hippy:
20190409_181443_001.jpg
20190409_181520.jpg

Back
Top Bottom