Organic Grow - Indoor Growlab Tent-Platinum Bubba

I want to add my 2 cents to this as well.
First of all, plants must uptake nutrients in the same form whether organic or synthetic. In organic nutrition, nitrogen must be broken down into nitrate or ammonium in order to move into the roots. There is no difference in the nitrate or ammonium ion that is provided to the plant whether it be through a synthetic source or organic source. The chemical formula is still NO3- for nitrate and NH4+ for ammonium and it has to be in either nitrate or ammonium for the plant to uptake and use. Plants can take up some L-amino acids and enzymes and derive some N but do so in very small quantities and must derive most of their nutrition from ions in a non-organic form. This goes for all nutrients required for plants to live.

That being said, organic fertilizer must typically be broken down my small living organisms to get to nitrate, ammonium, etc..... You could throw a hamburger patty into your soil and eventually, the proteins would be broken down into nitrate and ammonium which can be used by the plant. The ammonium and nitrate from the hamburger will be identical to that from a synthetic source.

Organics also contain other goodies such as organic acids, many, many trace elements, vitamins, natural hormones, enzymes and other substances that are beneficial to plants and contribute to the production of phenolic compounds that make organic grown produce smell and taste better.

Let's jump to hydro for a bit now.
When growing hydroponically (synthetic produced nutrients), it is like a great big fat man sitting in a recliner surrounded by all the food he wants to eat. he is not forced to eat, but he has everything that he desires and will quickly swell up because he expends virtually no energy to get food. The synthetic nutrients are already in the form that plants can use, ie nitrate and ammonium example for nitrogen. Synthetics are mostly salts. Example: ammonium nitrate NH4NO3 is a salt. When mixed in water, it seperates into NO3- and NH4+ and is readily available to the plant. Typically, organics need to be broken down to these forms so the plant can use them.

Does this make sense?
To recap: Nitrogen is just an example i used but the concept is the same for all plant nutrients and plants have to take them up in the same form whether they came from an organic source or non-natural source.
Organics contain more goodies but they are not always readily available hence the need for beneficials.

Some more stuff...

When growing plants hydroponically, typically only the 16 nutrients requires for plant growth are provided and none of the organic acids and other vitamins are provided which make it less tastey.

Many of the microbes in organic products that are bottled like mine, are no longer living. That is why i recommend to aerate the nute mix before feeding it. That will help get a healthy AEROBIC microherd growing. Most of those organisms exist in the air and soil and will quickly colonate and grow in the organic soup. A strong aerobic microbe population will kill anaerobic and harmful bacteria. A healthy microbes population contain species of microbes that secrete antibiotics which will further keep pathogens at bay. Healthy aerobic microbes need oxygen to stay alive which is why having soil that is porous and allowed to dry out periodically is so important.

It's all good sisco. I like both hydro and organics. Both are a challenge and both have advantages and disadvantages. Personally, I am mostly concerned with maximized yields with a great smell and taste. Hydro is the bomb as far as the superior growth rates. You can add things to modify the taste like humid acids that dont need to be broken down and a good fush will make it smoother smoke. If I eat it, I can't tell the difference between organic and synthetic pot in edibles. One other thing, synthetics are easier and cleaner imo because there are less variables to contend with

Thanks TCK. I gotta tell y'all a little about the organics. I treat them like a fine wine. It takes over a month to brew the grow, bloom, and biojuice. There is so much work that goes into each batch. Mixing hydroponic nutes is so easy and can be done in a few hours but the organics are my works of art. I bottled 250 gallons of bloom yesterday and it was a byatch to get it right. I can't wait until i can automate the process with machinery....I was covered with the smell of fermented bat guano but its all worth it to see these organic grows. 3 showers later and I no longer stink :)

The newest batch is my best yet as I have made many process improvements... ;)

Hearing your passion about mixing nutes makes me feel very confident about you and your company!!. I have mentioned about the odor, I really wonder if the odor carries CO2 gasses :scratchinghead:.....not complained about the smell. The smell of the organic reminds me as a child visiting my grandfathers ranch!! Unmistakenly organic!!

I guess if you're in a soil-less medium organics are out the window, and... some people like fake tatas?[/QUOTE

Real Tatas are best!!! In plants and in women!!! :high-five:

Friday will be 3 weeks into 12.12 and I must say ladies are getting very frosty I decided to use green gardener's tape and make somewhat of a screen don't hate on my lack of skill lol this will be replaced with another pro screen next grow enjoy guys:
007552.JPG
004670.JPG
003713.JPG
002750.JPG
001720.JPG
005644.JPG

I want to add my 2 cents to this as well.
First of all, plants must uptake nutrients in the same form whether organic or synthetic. In organic nutrition, nitrogen must be broken down into nitrate or ammonium in order to move into the roots. There is no difference in the nitrate or ammonium ion that is provided to the plant whether it be through a synthetic source or organic source. The chemical formula is still NO3- for nitrate and NH4+ for ammonium and it has to be in either nitrate or ammonium for the plant to uptake and use. Plants can take up some L-amino acids and enzymes and derive some N but do so in very small quantities and must derive most of their nutrition from ions in a non-organic form. This goes for all nutrients required for plants to live.

That being said, organic fertilizer must typically be broken down my small living organisms to get to nitrate, ammonium, etc..... You could throw a hamburger patty into your soil and eventually, the proteins would be broken down into nitrate and ammonium which can be used by the plant. The ammonium and nitrate from the hamburger will be identical to that from a synthetic source.

Organics also contain other goodies such as organic acids, many, many trace elements, vitamins, natural hormones, enzymes and other substances that are beneficial to plants and contribute to the production of phenolic compounds that make organic grown produce smell and taste better.

Let's jump to hydro for a bit now.
When growing hydroponically (synthetic produced nutrients), it is like a great big fat man sitting in a recliner surrounded by all the food he wants to eat. he is not forced to eat, but he has everything that he desires and will quickly swell up because he expends virtually no energy to get food. The synthetic nutrients are already in the form that plants can use, ie nitrate and ammonium example for nitrogen. Synthetics are mostly salts. Example: ammonium nitrate NH4NO3 is a salt. When mixed in water, it seperates into NO3- and NH4+ and is readily available to the plant. Typically, organics need to be broken down to these forms so the plant can use them.

Does this make sense?
To recap: Nitrogen is just an example i used but the concept is the same for all plant nutrients and plants have to take them up in the same form whether they came from an organic source or non-natural source.
Organics contain more goodies but they are not always readily available hence the need for beneficials.

Wow! Awesome education,:adore: Thanks to you and krip for setting me straight on the force feeding.

I was told by a guy in hydro store that it takes 6 weeks for the phosphorus to break down into a viable form so the roots can intake(organics) Is this true? Do you start the Bud enhancer early?

Sorry I have a dozen questions about soil biology.

619 sorry for the hijack, my tent is 5x5 and has never looked as full as yours.

:peace:

Wow! Awesome education,:adore: Thanks to you and krip for setting me straight on the force feeding.

I was told by a guy in hydro store that it takes 6 weeks for the phosphorus to break down into a viable form so the roots can intake(organics) Is this true? Do you start the Bud enhancer early?

Sorry I have a dozen questions about soil biology.

619 sorry for the hijack, my tent is 5x5 and has never looked as full as yours.

:peace:

All depends on the source. Composted high P bat guano has a lot of P that is immediately available. Bone meal and soft rock phosphate are some sources that will break down over time

Love the forest! Those are great pictures and great looking buds. You should really be proud of how healthy your plants look. Should be a great harvest my friend, those buds look really plump for 3 weeks, 2 days! :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom