Organic Grow

Hey there TCK420!!! I missed that you had a old bulb? How old was your last bulb? I have heard so many different ideas on how long grow light bulbs last. If you notice a difference I am sure your plants will too!! :Namaste:

It was my first bulb, so I've been running it for over a year now. It still worked fine and was very bright, but I do notice a significant different in light output. I would change the bulbs at least once a year.. I mean I was still getting killer bud with the old bud, but I'm sure my results will be much better with the new bulb.

It was my first bulb, so I've been running it for over a year now. It still worked fine and was very bright, but I do notice a significant different in light output. I would change the bulbs at least once a year.. I mean I was still getting killer bud with the old bud, but I'm sure my results will be much better with the new bulb.

Thanks for your answer. I have heard from some people to change every other grow. My local hydro store told me they were good until they burnt out. I think changing every year is probably a great idea! Thanks! :high-five:

yeah i heard every other grow is best, but I think just out of expense I'll be changing it every year. I want to invest in a light meter so I can see how many lumens I'm actually getting, will be a better gauge on when to change the bulbs

I like the idea of a light meter. I just wish they were not so expensive!!

Its a very great idea but it really pays for the investment. If you know exactly how much output you are getting that can mean a big drop in bud size if it isnt up to par. So in the long run, it pays for itself. Plus, things like that are one time investments and they last you a lifetime, Unlike bulbs and nutrients.

Just another tool of the trade.:thumb:

I was also thinking about getting one of those heat lasers to check temps anywhere. That might also be something I look into eventually.

you know its funny you mention this now!!! I was sitting around thinking that I have to go get me a light meter so i know how much light my ladies are getting.. well I was playing on my phone and I though, "hey they have an app for everything!" guess what I found!!! can't really tell ya how accurate it is, but its a free app!!! just get on your Android phone and type "light meter" and it will pull it up!!!

I am going to use it tomorrow on my ladies!!!

:peacetwo:

As someone who is just starting some Super Lemon Haze I am curious as to your comment about not enjoying growing it.

I am just wondering if there is something about this strain I need to watch for.

Before I started cleaning I figured it was about time for a bowl so I broke up some of the super lemon haze.. Smoked very nicely
11-03-11_001.jpg

widow bud and OG
11-03-11_002.jpg

widow bud, OG, some SLH
11-03-11_003.jpg

heres the start of the regrowth on the revegging wonder woman
11-03-11_004.jpg

road runner auto
11-03-11_005.jpg

new tops from a widow
11-03-11_006.jpg

more widow
11-03-11_007.jpg

closeup of the road runner cola
11-03-11_008.jpg

another closeup of the revegging action.. I'm really keeping this strain around due to how resilient she is.. Not a single male sac ever on this plant and I've thrown quite a bit at it.. This generation itself has revegged twice now.
11-03-11_009.jpg

Some closeups of the widows
11-03-11_010.jpg

11-03-11_011.jpg

11-03-11_012.jpg

11-03-11_013.jpg

11-03-11_014.jpg

11-03-11_015.jpg

All the new strains together, OG and AK in front, AI, Ch, MK in the back
11-03-11_016.jpg

full shot of the organized bloom tent
11-03-11_017.jpg

11-03-11_018.jpg

All in all things are going well, still battling the mites. I noticed all of my new clones that rooted had died.. I think when I sprayed them I got too much on top of the leaves and they couldn't breathe. They had good roots but the growing tips dried out on every clone. I took a fresh batch since they're just starting bloom. I got 2 clones of AK and OG, took one off the cheese and one off the SLH to keep it around. I have more seeds for master kush and aurora indica, so I didn't bother cloning them again. Minor setback, but the 5 widows in veg are enough to keep me going.

BPN is still killin it!

As someone who is just starting some Super Lemon Haze I am curious as to your comment about not enjoying growing it.

I am just wondering if there is something about this strain I need to watch for.

she seems to be a little picky with nutes showing signs of too much N, but it may have just been the pheno I have. When I back off the N, she starts to yellow. I only got 2 seeds and grew one of them. I've been working off clones from the original seed I had the whole time. I have issues with it clawing, my yellowing issues have been sorted out by using BPN. I do enjoy the smoke very very much, it's a strain worth growing, but personally I just have spent a lot of time trying to figure out the clawing issue, and that's all that I can complain about. Grow her out, you will love the smoke. I'm keeping it around just because it's so good. I might have better luck with the other seed but for the time being I'd like to keep that one on hand because the strain itself produces such amazing smoke. If I ever need to stop growing, I know I'll have killer genetics stored away for next time.

Don't let my experiences shy you away from growing her, you'll understand when you smoke the first bowl of it.

Hey There TCK420!! Plants are looking great!! :thumb:

thanks bro, thanks for stopping by to check them out.

It kind of sucks having the plants on the outside be much taller than the rest of the canopy, but for the time being I'm hanging my light at an angle, so it gets fairly even coverage

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom