Organic Hydro?

So does anyone have any advice/experience with using organic nutes in a dwc?

I don't see it really working together (ideally) but I could be wrong
I've heard of this, but I am skeptical.

Organic nutrients usually are broken down by the mycorrhizae in the soil. If in water, you really can't have mycorrhizae (they would drown).

Now base on that, I know NFTG does suggest it can be used in a water-based system. I have read people say it doesn't work well.

I'm sure some of the more experienced soil nutrient guys may have another opinion or information I know nothing about. I believe they will say to be effective you need mycorrhizae, and water somewhat prevents their longevity.

All based on research, no practical experience here.

@GodOfPot @bobrown14 @Van Stank

so you people are saying just regular organic dwc fertilizer is organic? like go box organics?
The go box is what I was using. Its meant for soil and spotless(coco) median. Not a dwc. I received my GH flora trio today and will be using that.
With the "all natural" craze someone is using all organic in DWC. It will work. Its just finding the right one. Sorry I don't have a name to give you though.
Thanks man. I'll see what I can find. I was using the GH Go box. Which isn't meant for dwc like I thought.

Really? I've been using it in my dwc and it seemed every day I was having some kind of problem. Every thing settling to the bottom, PH spiking really high, discoloration on new growth. I use primo filtered water so I didn't see that being it. Then a buddy sent me a message about using organic store bought nutes causing issues in hydroponic. So I read up on the nutes.

So does anyone have any advice/experience with using organic nutes in a dwc?

I don't see it really working together (ideally) but I could be wrong
Dont do it. I almost scraped my whole grow this season for using and organic in my RDWC. I could not get rid of the snot. I ended up in soil just to save them.. i think you know all this.

To be fair i DO have a couple additives that i use that are organically based. Floralicious is one. Never had a problem with it,

If youre just starting out stick with nonorganic

Back
Top Bottom