@12/12; These were originally clones from a friend! I have taken the fastest growing, most disease resistant 2, and potted them into 15 gal pots, to be used as moms. Here are some pics;
13162.jpg

14146.jpg

These are vegging, along with a few others I couldn't fit in the flower closet. The ones in the closet, have been flipped since 9/15, give or take. They are just showing clearly defined flowers, and should hit their first flowering spurt soon. Yes, Blue Planet Nutes are doing a wonderful job, these are happy plants! I was sure to leave the grow to the merits of the nutes from BP alone, using no additional supplements. No CalMag, SuperThrive, B1, Liquid Karma, etc. No additional s and these look pretty good!

Thanks for following, and chime in anytime, that's how I'll learn! :peace:

Since1970, you must be from the future. Photos taken in 10/08/11 hehe.

The Purple Kush exploded! I bet this plant will be great for Scrog, SOG, and LST. Look at the bushy tight node spacing. Is that coco coir I see? You're right about BPN does not need additives to work. I've read that coco needs some calmag so I added some and now the plants showed some calmag burns. Flushed it and start over without any additives to keep it clean.

Will you be taking clones from these plants to continue growing the strain?

@12/12, Yup, I did my best to create well balanced products for cannabis. But, I think that I can do even better and by following you all's grows, I am currently making improvements. Stay tuned for Round 2 of Farmer's Pride. It is going to get much better...
Also, the FP bloom definitely has plenty of calcium in it. You are using that product as well as the 2-part, correct? Go easy with that stuff in coco, as it won't take much when combined with the 2-part.

@ Brother1970, plants look lush and green my friend, keep up the good work :)

very nice to see organic grows. I have a cut of purple kush and its really bushy. Huge yielder too. I just started to go organic. Just started using General Oganics, wish had gone with BPN. Is that straight coco? Lookin good!

@12/12, Yup, I did my best to create well balanced products for cannabis. But, I think that I can do even better and by following you all's grows, I am currently making improvements. Stay tuned for Round 2 of Farmer's Pride. It is going to get much better...
Also, the FP bloom definitely has plenty of calcium in it. You are using that product as well as the 2-part, correct? Go easy with that stuff in coco, as it won't take much when combined with the 2-part.

Glad to know you're improving your products to make it even better. Are you improving on all the Elite and 2-parts too or just FP? Yes, I'm using the FP bloom with 2-parts and the plants are loving it. 1/2 strength as recommended dosage just to be safe. :love:

Since1970, you must be from the future. Photos taken in 10/08/11 hehe.

The Purple Kush exploded! I bet this plant will be great for Scrog, SOG, and LST. Look at the bushy tight node spacing. Is that coco coir I see? You're right about BPN does not need additives to work. I've read that coco needs some calmag so I added some and now the plants showed some calmag burns. Flushed it and start over without any additives to keep it clean.

Will you be taking clones from these plants to continue growing the strain?

Hey 12/12!
I bet you're right, with the tight nodes, a scrog might work well. My pots are a combination of Coco/Soil/Perilite/Sphagnum Moss, but primarily coco/soil mix.

I have an email from Corey, over at BPN, explaining additives and coco. I'll find and re-post.

Yes, I have the 2 strongest moms waiting to be cloned. I'm taking another 12, of the finest cuts from both plants, (6 each ONLY, so they will be little trees already) designated for testing a new product(s) coming soon.

Thanks for following! :peace:

very nice to see organic grows. I have a cut of purple kush and its really bushy. Huge yielder too. I just started to go organic. Just started using General Oganics, wish had gone with BPN. Is that straight coco? Lookin good!

Hey onegramperwatt:
Thanks for stopping by! I like Purple Kush for the same reason, it's a great yield. Going organic is cool, but, when I switched from synthetics to organics, I got my first case of Gnats. Apparently, they thrive on the organics.

My pots are a combination of Coco/Soil/Perlite/Sphagnum moss, but fundamentally Coco/Soil. Thanks! :peace:

I always get gnats when im in soil. I put in those sticky yellow strips early. As long as the gnats are flying and not fungus gnats, its all good. The thing i like about organics is that the whole thing becomes a living organism. The soil soup is so interesting and full of all kinds of biological activity. Synthetics are force feeding the plant and killing off the microbes. Great way to get huge buds, but if your doing it for yourself it doesnt matter. Go Green

10/07/11 Update;
Several of the Purple Kush still in 3 gallon pots, are showing 5 point leaves! I guess I won't worry too much, for now, about the leaf formation on these.

Blue_Planet_Sponsored_Grow_770.jpg

Blue_Planet_Sponsored_Grow_771.jpg

Blue_Planet_Sponsored_Grow_772.jpg

Here are some update shots of the flowering Purple Kush. My camera s u c k s, the macro is blurry. But these were flipped on 9/15/11. So, I guess this is the 3rd week of flower.

Blue_Planet_Sponsored_Grow_009.jpg

Blue_Planet_Sponsored_Grow_0141.jpg

Blue_Planet_Sponsored_Grow_0071.jpg

Blue_Planet_Sponsored_Grow_013.jpg

That's it for now. 3 weeks and counting. I suspect from now, it might be another 6 weeks or so. We're looking at a smoke report somewhere around Thanksgiving?

Thanks for following, and as always, I can use any help you guys can provide!
Know Cannabis; Know Peace.

Post Script; I had a slight fit of gnats. I hate PM, Mites, Gnats, etc. So, we took care of business. I sent 'em down the road,...

i like the transplant method, i usually go from 2in cube to 5gal. Letting it build root mass than transplant may much better. couple articles i read say to do the same thing. im just too dumb to follow(or lazy). im thinking of getting a microscope to look at microbes. not sure if there too small or not, that would be cool to measure and quantifiy to find out what numbers are best in the root zone.

plants are lookin good, keep it up

The plant will love the new home. Is this the final transplant or will you be upgrading to bigger container later?

This will probably be it. They were flipped on 9/15, so I won't stress them out (the ones in flower) this close to the end.

Besides, as you can see, the little closet I cut out for this grow, is packed!!

Lets see, 9/15/, so I'm guessing about another 6 weeks?? Is that what you're seeing? I like to let it go a little longer than some. Please stay tuned. I haven't had any problems with this grow, and that worries me, lol! :peace:

Post Script;
I'll get an update out. I trimmed off a TON, of water leaves, gave them a haircut, so more light will penetrate further to the buds. Let me know if I went way too far, lol.

Back
Top Bottom