Organic Living Soil: where to start?

lootznbootz

Hello fellow growers. Just getting back into some reading here on the site been a while since I posted or grew for that matter but hopefully soon.
In the meantime I'm trying to wrap my head around the whole dry organic amendments and living soil etc etc.
I've grown with advanced and nectar in the past and had decent success.
If anyone can point me into the right direction that's be great. Are there any journals that I should read? Any links would be greatly appreciated!
I don't really wanna just spew out questions and get a bunch of answers I'd kinda like to see a really detailed explanation of the process to see it in action.
I guess I really just wanna know what to read first!
How to I start at the ground level
there's so much information and so many different perspectives so many variables. I'm taking alot of it in from my past growing experience but honestly my head is spinning!
Please help lol

You basically have two ways to go with organics... TLO or LOS. LOS is using huge containers to create a truly living soil, teaming with microlife and self containing. All you add is water to a grow like this.
TLO is another method that can use smaller containers because the goal is not to create a living soil so much as a highly mineralized soil, and then you bring in microbes from the outside through compost teas to do all the work for you. It is two different methods to get you to the same goal, an organic grow that does not need to have nutrients added to it.

Duggan, Mr. Krip, Knifemaker and others are using Doc Bud's High Brix Blend (DBHBB). Doc Bud is a sponsor and actively helping Knifemaker with his first grow in DBHBB. Duggan has much more experience with DBHBB and his current grow is the fifth run of his soil.

You'll find lots of good information for organic soil growing in @Emilya's just completed journal. Her paper, 'The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant' is considered a must read for soil growers.
Thank you so much that's exactly the kind of answer to get now to start digging! Thank you very much!

You basically have two ways to go with organics... TLO or LOS. LOS is using huge containers to create a truly living soil, teaming with microlife and self containing. All you add is water to a grow like this.
TLO is another method that can use smaller containers because the goal is not to create a living soil so much as a highly mineralized soil, and then you bring in microbes from the outside through compost teas to do all the work for you. It is two different methods to get you to the same goal, an organic grow that does not need to have nutrients added to it.
Ahh yes @Emilya I saw you on fanleafs journal. I was actually reading through one of your journals while I waited for a response.
Thank you for your response I was thinking both of them were the same methods and that basically one eventually created the other but now I understand thank you. I'm hoping to learn as much as I can so as soon as I can grow again I can hit the ground running and jump right in.
Hopefully after all this reading I'm somewhat ready.
Thank you now I have an idea where to begin

Back
Top Bottom