Organic Nutes for Noobs

BlackDiesel

Hello everyone.

I am a first time grower. I am currently in the first week of flowering my first plant and i have another two veging and some clones. I am growing in a compost/soil mix with perlite 1:1. I got this far by reading a learning as i go on this site! thanks to everyone for that:) :thumb:

I have just bought some molasses after reading a lot about how its a nice organic way to sweeten and bulk up the buds and then found out that because i am using chemical nutes the molasses is not going to be as effective as it would be if i was using organics.

So my question to all you organic soil growers is what organic nutes are you using? and where can i get me some for a good price?. I live in the UK and my local Homebase, wilkinsons and other chain stores do not have much to choose from when it comes to organics they have Bone meal, fishblood and chicken manure but i think these are all pellet form and i read somewhere that slow release ferts (pellets) should be avoided because they involve to much guess work and you cant be sure how much your plants are actually getting from a feed (i could be wrong).

Peace M BlackD

I recently learned this recipe, all the credit goes to conradino23 for sharing it with me.

Banana peel and eggshells:
Took 4 banana peels, dried them in the sun for a couple of hours until they blackened a little, after that I put them in the oven at max temperature for 20 mins.
While the bananas were in the oven made a great omelet :) out of 4 eggs.
Took eggshells and the banana peels and made them into a fine powder using an old coffee grinder.
The powder can be used with compost tea or molasses as a liquid fertilizer for flowering, or you can mix the powder with some soil and use it to fill the pots, or transplant them into it.

Banana peel is great as an additive for flowering (NPK of banana peel is 0-3-42) as it helps to boost flower development along the stem, while powdered egg shells are great for enriching starter mix or for flowering again. Together with compost, bat guano, wood ash and some other shit it goes a long way

Hope this helps :goodluck:

Thanks daTenshi i'm going to try this out as a liquid feed. How much of the peel and eggshell powder would you used per 4ltr or gallon? i got to get me some nanna's and eggs! :p

Conradino23 is legend.

Ok, here are some organic ideas if you can't afford Advanced Nutrients organic line, which many growers swear by.

Stinging nettle tea (basic PH 4-1-1 with many micronutrients). Good till early flowering.

Wood ash & piss. Balanced fertilizer rich in nitrogen and potassium. Good to use till early flowering.

Steamed bonemeal. Rich in phosphorus. Good till the end of flowering.

Cooked or bubbled bat guano with molasses. Rich in phosphorus, magnesium, iron and calcium. Great for flowering.

Compost tea. Balanced fertilizer rich in microbes. Good to use till the harvest. Fixes deficiencies.

Comfrey and horsetail tea. Great for both vegging and flowering, bur better for the last one. Contains phosphorus, potassium and silica. Hardens the stem and stimulates roots.

Banana peel and cucumber peel extract. Made by soaking and blending both, then filtering. Provides potassium and phosphorus. Can be mixed with compost tea and molasses.

Happy growing!

Ok, here are some organic ideas if you can't afford Advanced Nutrients organic line, which many growers swear by.

Stinging nettle tea (basic PH 4-1-1 with many micronutrients). Good till early flowering.

Wood ash & piss. Balanced fertilizer rich in nitrogen and potassium. Good to use till early flowering.

Steamed bonemeal. Rich in phosphorus. Good till the end of flowering.

Cooked or bubbled bat guano with molasses. Rich in phosphorus, magnesium, iron and calcium. Great for flowering.

Compost tea. Balanced fertilizer rich in microbes. Good to use till the harvest. Fixes deficiencies.

Comfrey and horsetail tea. Great for both vegging and flowering, bur better for the last one. Contains phosphorus, potassium and silica. Hardens the stem and stimulates roots.

Banana peel and cucumber peel extract. Made by soaking and blending both, then filtering. Provides potassium and phosphorus. Can be mixed with compost tea and molasses.

Happy growing!

Thanks Conradino23. As usual providing us noobs with pure gold information :) Advanced nutes are quite reasonably priced. I have found a local hydro shop round the corner from me i will see if they stock them when i get chance to go take a shopping trip!

Back
Top Bottom